The Best of Pirates - Year 2

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

The Best of Pirates - Year 2

Postby DaveL on Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:57 pm

Okey Dokey Lads,

It be two years now since we commenced our maritime frivolity on these 'ere boards. YAAARRR!!

We've seen many characters develop and there 'ave been some truly funny threads. Our cast of Pasatafarian Pirates continues to grow.

So it be time to nominate your most recent favorite threads. Or alternatively, as many are long winded or ongoing, you may wish to nomate something funny posts within each thread.

I'd like to nominate PlayBilge - (but I'm biased), as it's been returned to it's old non-sensitive new-age-pirate glory. That turkey pic is hilarious!!
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby ChowMein on Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:58 am

I nominate the salty tale in all its unabridged glory !

The Dictionary , ask Aunty , and ArrRRR Bay .
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby anthrobabe on Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:51 pm

I nominate

Play-bilge
- the turkey stuff has turned into the longest running -cross forum-just everywhere thing in forever.

-the ale(the good stuff) not the stuff I um I mean we put out for the masses- at the Admiral Benbow needs recognition.
(can I nominate ale? well I'm nominating it anyway- so there)
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:12 pm

ARR-oha..not t'be viewed as a suck-up er annathin', but "Pyrate Datin' Tips" has improved me overall success wit' da wenches (well, from 0 to .001..budditz an improvement, naetheless!)..an' dat scholarly thread allus be good fer expressin' ?s one may be reticent to ask one's ship-mates/squeeze-of-da-month/authority figgahs..
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby anthrobabe on Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:58 am

Hey

I just caught that

"okey dokey lads"

do real pirates say

"okey dokey lads"????

and Dan--- just keep the sweet talk up and we'll thaw and warm up to ya
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:17 am

ARR-oha..Saucy Gert--da las' toime a wench thaw me, she ran (& not towards me, neither!)..but, oi'll keep tryin' wit da "olelo o ka lani" (heavenly speech)..cuz you wahines/wenches/gurrlz in general are so worth da effort..woo! :D
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:51 am

I think that there is one thread that deserves recognition beyond all others: Let's make Pirates the second most popularrrr
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Far fetched

Postby black bart on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:15 pm

Arrrr...I loves the Far fetched annecdotes thread...

...I know I wrote most of em but it's up ta you lot o blaggards to come up with some more! :x
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Log

Postby black bart on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:51 am

Arrrrrr...I also loves "The Capn's Log" here be a couple of extracts from the yellowin pages of the Log:

The Black Spot

Capn's Log, Yarr Date 1691.7

I's be readin Cap'n Walktheplank's message out t' me crew. The memories o' the awful rat canapes Bart once served up to them got 'em all fired up in a killin frenzy.

They ran round the deck shoutin "Death t' the gingers!", an ended up 'anging me pet hamster.

Black Bart

Capn's log Yarr date 10.11.76

YYYYAARRR and AVVVAST...met up with a lovely lass called Servilan. She was all done up in Black Leather and didn,t half know how to handle a pistol! Twere a bit loik Lara Croft had been crossed with Darth Vader. I think I'll be needin therapy and me peg leg's unscrewed. Promised her I'd help her track down those scurvy rebels 'Black's Seven'...twil be as easy as shoutin 'AAARRGH'...there be only seven o them aginst me an me massive clone army, HAR!

ps She told me Ginger was a lovely hair colouring - I think I be in love...

and the reply from
The Black Spot

Arrr... ye hast no chance Bart.

Speed- Standard by 12; Battle Computers online; neutron blasters cleared and ready for firing.

All that an a twelve pounder too!

Yarrrrr....
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:54 am

Well, Oi would have to say the Prized Git Award has been the most creative, funny stuff we've done in ages.

Keep up the bad haircuts and hideous kids TV characters lads.

Bart has just broken our moratorium on bad kids puppets...this time it be war!!
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Pirgella

Postby black bart on Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:42 am

The point at which the Salty Tale became a stream of innuendo and filth:

Dave L. Wed May 17 2006 5:38am (page 28)
as Pirgella Lawson came walking back into Sinhoff's life...Sinhoff being a red blooded parrot, couldn't stop looking at her enormous...

The Black Spot Wed May 17, 2006 5:45am

...collanders.

"Hello Boys," said Pirgella "I've got something here that'll make your dough rise." The pirates leaned forward expectantly. Suddenly...

Black Bart Wed may 17, 2006 6.05am

...Pirgella's souffles exploded coverin Sinhoff and the Pirates with cheese, and that dark haired pouting wench of a cook laughed wantonly and thrust her huge...

and so on for nearly a hundred pages!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby walktheplank on Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:20 pm

Yarr The Black Spot's piece on Knuckles O'Shuffle on Arr Bay made me chuckle, this be one of them, sadly the funniest one wasn't liked by the moderator, bah humbug.

Seller: Openboat

Current Bid: 1 groat

Ye be biddin' on

THE KNUCKLES O'SHUFFLE COMMEMORATIVE ONAN SHEET

You too can celebrate the brief life of this colourful character. This is your chance to own an actual piece of the mainsail that Knuckles cut up to help while away the lonely nights at sea.

Each piece measures a manly 10" square (if you can flatten it out) and is made of high quality marine canvas.

Comes with a 16 page commemorative booklet. Unfortunately all the pages are stuck together.

****BUY WITH CONFIDENCE****
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby anthrobabe on Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:53 am

It's BOOOOO! Day

(I watched a nature show about canabalistic plants last night--- Australia has some nice and nasty ones- that place just gets better and better IMO)
My mantra
www.gorillafund.org

anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Postby Auntie Blackbeard on Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:08 am

YARR! Bartie ... ye be a bloke .
Auntie Blackbeard
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Pirate Terramort on Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:13 am

I nominate the PlayBilge also!
Sincerely,
Drew Anderson, Th. D.
Captain of the Birthday Massacre
High Magus of the Wise Council of World Pasta

If you love someone, set them free. If they return to you, put several 8 inch blades into their head. If they return again, then run.... Just RUN.

1st Nautilus 4:4 " For, in the words of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, “Don’t be a bitch. It’s not nice.” "
Pirate Terramort
Tortellini Third Mate

Next

Return to Locked Posts