Dumbledore was gay

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:50 pm

:? :(
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Rainswept on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:58 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:
Rainswept wrote:Say now... I just realized now we all have a good guess what Dumbledore really saw in the Mirror of Erised!!!

He saw his family, dolt.

Maybe he considered a sweaty, naked Grindelwald family.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Elektra on Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:07 pm

I find this kind of funny. But I suspect J.K. was talking more about Dumbledore's youth and not so much about his old age. He is rather asexual in the books.

I doubt Lupin and Sirius were gay, though. I always thought that was a weird obsession of fanfiction authors.

Meh, everything seems to go in the Harry Potter world. Harry/Hedwig, Hermione/Giant Squid, Filch/McGonagall, Dumbledore/Grindelwald, Snape/Your Mum - all good.

ImageImage
Bunnies!
Elektra
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Vulcan Tofu on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:37 pm

Elektra wrote:I find this kind of funny. But I suspect J.K. was talking more about Dumbledore's youth and not so much about his old age. He is rather asexual in the books.

I doubt Lupin and Sirius were gay, though. I always thought that was a weird obsession of fanfiction authors.

Meh, everything seems to go in the Harry Potter world. Harry/Hedwig, Hermione/Giant Squid, Filch/McGonagall, Dumbledore/Grindelwald, Snape/Your Mum - all good.

*Shudders* Fanfiction authors are a crazy lot. :?
Bother, bother, bother...
Vulcan Tofu
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Re: Dumbledore was gay

Postby Duke on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:47 pm

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Rainswept on Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:50 pm

It was on the news and in dozens of newspapers. It also fits the story well. Seems pretty much true.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept

Postby ken worley on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:04 pm

Yup...

And here are a few other things about HP characters which J.K. Rowling never specified in print, but were nevertheless true.

Harry was allergic to asparagus, which gave him hives and projectile diarrhea.

Hagrid was a virulent racist, who believed black people hatched from eggs and drank blood.

Draco Malfoy was born with both male and female genitalia.

Ron Weaselly once set fire to a homeless man behind K-Mart.

Hermione was a compulsive masturbator.
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby EarthRise on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:29 pm

ken worley wrote:Hermione was a compulsive masturbator.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I did not just say that, by the way.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Duke on Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:02 pm

Rainswept wrote:It was on the news and in dozens of newspapers. It also fits the story well. Seems pretty much true.

Oop, read it on Salon, must be true. Yahoo's just a shitrag, so I couldn't trust them.

Allow me to edit the previous statement: Don't care about everything you read on the internet.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby EarthRise on Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:10 am

Duke wrote:
Rainswept wrote:It was on the news and in dozens of newspapers. It also fits the story well. Seems pretty much true.

Oop, read it on Salon, must be true. Yahoo's just a shitrag, so I couldn't trust them.

Allow me to edit the previous statement: Don't care about everything you read on the internet

Duke

Nah, it's been in several newspapers, dear fellow. Dear JK definitely affirmed Dumblydorr's love for other wizards.

Now, whether she actually meant for this in the book or is using the event to bask in the limelight again, I can't really say.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Duke on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:59 am

EarthRise wrote:
Duke wrote:

Allow me to edit the previous statement: Don't care about everything you read on the internet

Duke

Nah, it's been in several newspapers, dear fellow. Dear JK definitely affirmed Dumblydorr's love for other wizards.

Yes, Earthrise, I know. Salon said so, and I'm a devout follower of Salon, ever since I met its founder. But this does not change the fact that Yahoo is a shitrag. And there's no need to be so patronizing.

EarthRise wrote:Now, whether she actually meant for this in the book or is using the event to bask in the limelight again, I can't really say.

Well, she is done writing Harry Potter books what else can she do to entertain herself?

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Moral Minority on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:32 am

She could write something else. That's what I'd do.
Moral Minority

Postby EarthRise on Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:11 am

Duke wrote:

Yes, Earthrise, I know. Salon said so, and I'm a devout follower of Salon, ever since I met its founder. But this does not change the fact that Yahoo is a shitrag. And there's no need to be so patronizing.

Pfft that's how I speak on a regular basis. I promise it's not patronizing.

Yahoo is a shitrag, I agree.

EarthRise wrote:Now, whether she actually meant for this in the book or is using the event to bask in the limelight again, I can't really say.

Well, she is done writing Harry Potter books what else can she do to entertain herself?

Become a nun!
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Rainswept on Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:40 am

Duke wrote:Well, she is done writing Harry Potter books what else can she do to entertain herself?

ken worley wrote:...compulsive masturbator
Rainswept

Postby Duke on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:04 pm

Moral Minority wrote:She could write something else. That's what I'd do.

Yes, but that would take effort. Messing with interviewers takes almost none.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors