Arrr-Bay (Non Portsmouth Branch)

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:00 pm

Captain's Bed

This fine example of the carpenter's art be offered fer quick sale, no questions asked. Three gold dubloons or one silver teapot. Come aboard the Whistling Kettle and ask to see the Reverend. On no account alert any Female Tango Dancers of yer presence.

—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby tanguerra on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:05 pm

Torture device

One antique silver implement of torture (use yer imagination). Be offered in fair exchange fer certain items removed from the vicinity of The Purple Primrose late yesterday evenin'.

Aaarrrrgggh!

Reed me booke. It's got pirates innit http:\\how-to-find-love.com
tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Pair

Postby black bart on Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:36 am

Seller: fishstewpot
Member: Since 1765

You are bidding for:

A lovely pair of Massive Megan's Haloween Pumpkins:

Only 4 Cronans to the pound.

Condition: Ripe.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:44 am

Yarrrrrr...

Sorry Bart Oi must've missed this one. Are we biddin' on the Jack O'Lanterns or the pumpkins?
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postage

Postby black bart on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:24 am

Arrrrrrrrr...if ye wants the pumpkins it be a different price and the postage be 4000 Cronans!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:12 pm

ARRRR..wot if'n ye just wants the hat?? (Massive Megan looks a bit uv a handful (or 2..), but that hat!!!!!!!!!!)

oi'll give yez 5 Cronans..& oi'll pick it up on site..
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Hackles

Postby black bart on Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:42 am

Arrrrrrr...massive Megan has left her hat with Hackles the harbour dog, ye'll have to come and take it off him. Should be allright, but I don't loik the look in his eyes.

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:13 am

Seller: Openboat

Ye be bidding on

THE BUMPER BOOK OF THREATS

Does someone owe ye money? Or perhaps yer tryin' t' call in a favour? Naturally enough, yer first impulse will be t' pay the blaggard a visit an start swingin' yer cutlass about. Unfortunately, though this makes ye feel better, yer no better off than ye were before because corpses be notoriously bad at payin' debts. We've all thought "there must be a better way." AND NOW THERE IS!

THE BUMPER BOOK OF THREATS is the ideal way to encourage the buggers to pay up. Simply select one o' our two 'undred standard letters and wait for the money t' roll in!

Here be a sample:

Dear Sir,

it has come to our attention that we are owed the sum of 320 Cronans by your goodselves. These monies are owed to us for our continued vigilance in ensuring that your business premises are not burned to the ground.

I had hoped that we could resolve this matter on a business footing, but your uncooperative stance makes this impossible.

Unless we receive payment in full by tomorrow evening, a large burly thug will come round and rip out your toenails with a stapel remover before hammering carpet tacks into your teeth. He will then use a large funnel to deposit a pint of broken glass into your posterior. I trust that this clarifies the matter.

Yours sincerely

Squiggle

***Buy It Now Price: Only 16 Cronans. An' ye'd better pay up fast.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Protection

Postby black bart on Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:09 am

Seller: fishstewpot
Member: Since 1765

You are bidding for:

One months supply of Guaranteed personal security from:

You never know when you might be needin it...

Only 40 cronans an hour.

Interested, come an meet Bone Crusher McTavish in the back room o The Admiral Benbow...no questions arsked.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby walktheplank on Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:10 am

From the same company that produced The Bumper Book of Threats ye can now bid for

THE BUMPER BOOK OF MYTHS, UNTRUTHS AND PLAIN LIES

Pirates are a vain lot as ye all know but never as there been such a collection of shame faced liars as the current motley bunch. This book exposes some of these liars for the sly varmints they be and hopes that these despicable blaggards are to shame faced to appear in public again. To whet yer appetite for this foine book (another lie) I enclose some of the statements which we now know to be untrue.

I know the way - Black Bart

Don't worry I won't hurt you - The Black Spot

I will return this dress to the lady that owns it - Dave L

I have never worn a wig - Walk the Plank

Eat this stew its good for you - Black Bart

I will always be faithful to you Dave L - Pirgella

You can also order this book from all good booksellers (another lie).
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby The Black Spot on Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:08 am

Ye be biddin' on:

THE LUCKY FISH HEAD OF SCOON

Scoon - the mist-shrouded land of mystery and wonder. For centuries, the holy men of this land have crafted famed and revered fish heads. Now, the luck of this barren, fly blown island can be yours!

THE LUCKY FISH HEAD OF SCOON is more than just a lucky charm - it is the doorway to a brighter and happier future for you and your loved ones. Purchase one today, and transform your worthless existance into something tolerable.

The Lucky Fish Head is GUARANTEED to:

Increase your personal wealth by up to 40000%*
Increase your lifespan by up to 200 years*
Increase the length of certain bits by up to 5"*

(*buyers should be aware that "up to" includes the figure 0)

Here are some testimonies from ecstatic customers:

Squire Trelawny: The Fish Head of Scoon is easily the best purchase I have ever made - I owe everything to it. Will you now remove that gun from my head please.

The Black Spot: Since discoverin' the power o' the fish 'ead, I's made a fortune. Mind ye, that's because I'm sellin' the things to the stupid bastids - 'ere, this thing's not still on is it?

!!!BUY WITH CONFIDENCE!!!
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Luck

Postby black bart on Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:00 am

Note to Seller: Openboat

I bought 2 dozen of yer Lucky Fish Heads fer me crew. Two days later our ship ran aground on a sandbank off the Skeleton Coast of Death island four days East of the Cape of No Hope.

There be no doubt at all that if we hadn't a had the Lucky Fish Heads we would all o perished. We chucked em all into a big bowl and made em into a loverly stew which lasted us until we were rescued by a Spanish warship. After makin us dig gold for them on a Lepper colony in Colombia and sellin our bodies fer sex to a tribe of gay man eatin Indians, the Spaniards brought us home safe and sound fourteen years later, how lucky can ye get

I would recommend the Lucky Fish Heads to anyone what don't mind smellin of Fish all day.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby OZ_Nick on Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:54 pm

Note to Seller: Openboat

Oi want ter komplain abowt the Lucky Fishhead ye selled me.

Two days after the fish head arrived Oi won twenty million Dubloons in the Piratica national sweepstakes. since then me loife as been wun o unmittigated trubble, relatives Oi never new Oi 'ad ringin me up at all 'ours o the noight, worries about where ter invest me winnins so all the pirates carnt get their dirty mits on it, endless decisions about whaere ter buy me new 'ouse and what colour to get fer the furniture, should we have wall ter wall carpet or floor bords? How unlucky is that?

Then the followin week me missus was involved in a terrible mutli cart accident on the high street - 33 people were killed an she escaped without a scratch! How unlucky kin Oi be?

Just now Oi get a message from Scumsoft tellin me Oi 'ad wun a new computer wiv Portholes Avarsta Ultimate installed, now Oi arx ye, how unlucky kin wun pirate be?

Them "lucky" fish 'eads be rubbish, Oi want me munny back!
----

Ye may knowe mee better as Cap'n Bluenose
OZ_Nick
Stele Second Mate

Postby ChowMein on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:26 am

Seller : Popeye

Memmer Since : (Opps I forgot)

AHHHHHHH gagagagagaga...Ahoy mateys..I bein trying ta sell annudder gross (144 12oz ea.) ove me CANNED SPINACH .

AHHHHgagagaga...Deze cans be better dan wooden barrels fer keppin' yer Spinach fresh ...

AHhhh gagagaga Ecch can be full of vitamens and minirails ( wots dem cans be made ove ) mainly they be full ove iron as well as lead and tin ....Ah gagagagaga....

Canned spinach be the bess thing fer ye anna long voyage I've juss had four meself.....wot wuz i saying?............AH gagagagagaag.....Hurry an bid before Gertie catches up wiff me Ahhhhhh...........gagagaga.gagagaga........
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby ChowMein on Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:22 am

seller : Mad Willum Bonney

feedback : @#$%&WOT DOES YE@#$*^%$#$#@YE$#*& YE SCURVY NO GOOD LYING#@$ WELCHING%$^&*************

Ye be bidding on 5 tons o wet tea leefs......STOOPID @#$ OIL FINGERS CHOW DUN #@$***DROPPED IT IN THE DRINK !#@$* DUM *&^$ BASTID!........Anyhow it be drying okay doh.......'cept the DAMNED STUFF IS STAINING ME WHOLE SHUP! #@$% TEA ! %$#^*$#@

Winning bid meets half way ....AND NO $#@%^** IOU's
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion