Talk like a pirate day - September 19!

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:53 am

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:"Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I'll talk like a Pirate, tomorrow! It's only a day away!"

Less than 2 hours for me, now. Of course, I plan to be asleep by then...
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby tanguerra on Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:34 am

I don't know how you'll be able to sleep for the sheer anticipation.
Aaarrrrgggh!

Reed me booke. It's got pirates innit http:\\how-to-find-love.com
tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:37 am

Perhaps I'll just knock myself unconscious with a very large mallet.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby tanguerra on Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:52 am

I always recommend a hot toddy, but since you are such an abstemptious young man, perhaps I could suggest a nice hot cup of cocoa might be less stimulating?
Aaarrrrgggh!

tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:55 am

Soothing music is likely the way to go.

45 minutes left!

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

abstain

Postby black bart on Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:31 am

tanguerra wrote:you are such an abstemptious young man,

That's one way of describing him!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby tanguerra on Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:37 am

I have noticed a conspicuous lack of the Reverend in the overnight posting, on this auspicious day.

Think ye he may have overdone the cocoa and slept through the whole thing? I hopes he has not carried it too far and gone on a bender down to the Admiral Benbow. Has anyone checked under the tables?
Aaarrrrgggh!

tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:22 am

ARR-oha..'tis still SeptembARR 19 onna "Weeping Pustule" (& its associated ocean/isles/continent)..da date/ time sig onna posts shows da 20th..zup widdat?..did us in da noo worl' lose a day due t' global warmin' o' wot?? (oi knows oi be on "islan' time" mos'ly, but an en-tyre d-a-y behin'???) :fsm_yarr:
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby tanguerra on Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:13 am

Aaargh! Cursed international dateline! Ye just keep up the good work Dan. Aloha! Have a coconut sundae fer me. Ok Matey?
Aaarrrrgggh!

tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Postby anthrobabe on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:13 pm

DaveL wrote:YArrrrr...

Oi still can't believe Oi spent 2 years writing in Pirate Speak to a bunch of blaggards Oi never met (although Oi did speak to Oz_Nick once on the phone in perfect landlubber-ese).

Well considerin' most of youse blighters live half way around the world, Oi will be truly honoured to finally meet one of yers in person.

Meself and WalkthePlank will finally get to catchup in early December in Sydney for a belated TLAPD celebration. We will be hittin' Sydney's finest ale houses and doin a few pent up yarrrrs and arrrrrs.

So if yer anywhere near Sydney in early December, ye be more than welcome to join us.

do the authorities know of this meeting?
I'm really looking forward to the nightly news from down under now (in December that is).
Sydney Harbor will never be the same...
you should both go out to Fort Denison
and see if you show up in a satelite photo one day :wink:
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:13 am

AR-oha..Cap'n tanguerra..one coconut sundae (wit' Whaler's Rum as a chaser) wuz et/drunk in yer honour..& then the serious binge-swilling began..(it seems "banned from the pubs" isn't just a song..) :fsm_yarr:
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

earth

Postby black bart on Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:28 pm

anthrobabe wrote:
DaveL wrote:YArrrrr...

Oi still can't believe Oi spent 2 years writing in Pirate Speak to a bunch of blaggards Oi never met (although Oi did speak to Oz_Nick once on the phone in perfect landlubber-ese).

Well considerin' most of youse blighters live half way around the world, Oi will be truly honoured to finally meet one of yers in person.

Meself and WalkthePlank will finally get to catchup in early December in Sydney for a belated TLAPD celebration. We will be hittin' Sydney's finest ale houses and doin a few pent up yarrrrs and arrrrrs.

So if yer anywhere near Sydney in early December, ye be more than welcome to join us.

do the authorities know of this meeting?
I'm really looking forward to the nightly news from down under now (in December that is).
Sydney Harbor will never be the same...
you should both go out to Fort Denison
and see if you show up in a satelite photo one day :wink:

Arrrrr...the sun glintin off Walktheplank's head when is wig blows off will show up noicely on Google Earth!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:02 pm

The Australian Maritime Museum has sumthin' resemblin' a Pirate Ship.
Nice and central too!

http://www.anmm.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=457

O'im sure Plank and family would enjoy seein the odd Brig or two.

Fort Denison would also be good Bart. Oi thinks we'd need to do a cruise to get there - bleedin pirates, takin yer money! Or better, O'ill get the Argghhh 9000 out for the day.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Visit

Postby black bart on Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:42 pm

Arrrrrrrr...if this visit proves ta be a success...we be sendin out Cap'n Cronan ta visit Oz Nick...

Bwa ha ha ha!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby anthrobabe on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:11 pm

I kan sees em now

playing pirate in Sydney Harbor and taking control o the opera house an all right now

does a pirate heart good to know that no matter where they be in that world pirates are doin they job
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion