Chuck Palahniuk

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Favorite Chuck Book?

Fight Club
50%
Invisible Monsters
14%
Survivor
7%
Choke
29%
Lullaby
No votes
Diary
No votes
Fugitives and Refugees
No votes

Total votes : 14

Postby d_the_sandman on Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:20 pm

I've read all his novels except Haunted and Rant, and Invisible Monsters is my favorite, followed by Survivor. I'm definitely a huge fan, although I had to take pretty large breaks in between each novel, because his writing style gets repetitive from book to book.
d_the_sandman
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Taidje Khan on Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:51 am

Back in my High School "creative writing class,"* there was a clique of about six kids who all imitated Chuck Palahniuk's style and tone. Needless to say, their stuff was truly awful, but whenever anyone tried to offer them constructive criticism, they just sneered and acted like they were some kind of fiction illuminati who were misunderstood by us little sheeple. I ran into one of them a few months ago bagging groceries. The look on his face was so pathetic that I didn't have the heart to ask him how his writing career was going.

*If you don't already know, taking a creative writing class is the worst thing you can do if you actually want to be a writer. If you want to act like a snob and talk down to people like you're the next Proust, creative writing classes are your Mecca.
R.I.P. George Carlin

FSMMA record: 19-4-0

"My head is bloodied, but unbowed."
Taidje Khan
Agnolini Admiral

Previous

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors