Dear Auntie Blackbeard... Yer piratical problems solved here

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby beagle on Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:25 am

It might be yer's parrot is just tired. After a stressful day piratin they's don't always have the energy for a long squawk. Thumpin it and shoutin at it will probably jest make it worse. Oi's heard the problem's often in their little minds; once it's gone a few days without a squawk it starts to think it'll never squawk again, an it just sits there sullen and droopy on its perch. Yer can get special bird seed for em which perks em up a bit so I's heard.

One of me old chums had the other problem; a parrot which squawked as soon you looked at it. Drove his wife to distraction till she trained it proper.
beagle
Brewmeister

Postby beagle on Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:01 am

DaveL wrote:C'mon Mods we be needin a sticky! YARRR!

That'd be the crownin achievement of me career matey. Me own sticky.

Arrrrr
beagle
Brewmeister

Postby DaveL on Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:05 am

It'd be mine as well laddy. If yer need a bit of assistance from an Antipodean, I would be most honoured to help yer'

YARRR!!
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby beagle on Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:14 am

Arrr, Indeed. I was thinkin we should all answer 'em, and bring the vast range our nautical expertise to bear. Maybe we could persuade Auntie Dee Dee to be Auntie in chief. It were just that as first post (with "me friends" woodworm problem) me name would be permanently up in lights.
beagle
Brewmeister

Postby DaveL on Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:20 am

Arrghh...

Gettin me 'Arghhh' stickied was a tough task. Aunty got it up eventually though. Ey' think ye might need to start a new post - Auntie will tell yer.

All the newbie pirates need a few of us old dogs to show em the way.
Otherwise the Global warmin will get worse.

:fsm_yarr:
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby beagle on Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:22 am

Yer think flowers and chocolates and maybe a parrot (one that works) might swing it?

Arrr
beagle
Brewmeister

Whip Round

Postby black bart on Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:25 am

Yer think flowers and chocolates and maybe a parrot (one that works) might swing it?

HAAAAARRR..maybe we could ave a whip round and collect enough booty ta buy Aunty a lovely Norwegian Blue!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby fusiontortellini on Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:38 am

[pretending to be confused American]

And how would a good floggin' get 'er a Norwegian Blue?

Sure an' she'd like dark chocolate more.
Who really might actually be back this time . . .

May the Fiori be with you. And may It have Meatballs.
fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Postby beagle on Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:44 am

A whip round means we have the crew roundly whipped till they feels able to contribute to the collection.*

------------------------------
* (C) Blackadder ~ 1990
beagle
Brewmeister

Postby fusiontortellini on Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:58 am

Yeah, but that just brought a cannonball-proof cigarillo case.
Who really might actually be back this time . . .

May the Fiori be with you. And may It have Meatballs.
fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Postby amenabletopasta on Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:52 pm

DaveL wrote:C'mon Mods we be needin a sticky! YARRR!

DaveL wrote:Arrghh...

Gettin me 'Arghhh' stickied was a tough task. Aunty got it up eventually though. Ey' think ye might need to start a new post - Auntie will tell yer.

All the newbie pirates need a few of us old dogs to show em the way.
Otherwise the Global warmin will get worse.

:fsm_yarr:

Arrr! Oi reckons Oi be 'aving a "stickify" attachment for me Swiss army hook - Oi'll 'ave a go at working out how t' use it. If I can be workin' out how it be operated (an' there don't be any funny rules about when t' use it) Oi'll create us a "Dear Aunty..." post.

(Probably be a good idea t' carry on wit' the whip round, though, in case the wisdom o' Auntie Dee Dee be needed)

In the means time, what d'ye reckons our Agony Aunty be called? Perraps Bess? Or Aunty Blackbeard?
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always noodles in the air :fsm:
amenabletopasta
Mod

Postby beagle on Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:04 pm

Aunt Polly?

Pirateline?

Long John's confidential advice centre?

I was forgetting Amenable was himself a pirate king. Yer's done it fine.
If yer'd rather start again wiv a better name I won'ts be offended (though obviously me megalomania normally knows no bounds).

Arrrrr.
beagle
Brewmeister

Postby amenabletopasta on Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:30 pm

Belay! Oi've stickified this thread, although Oi mights be getting fifty lashes for it.

beagle wrote:I was forgetting Amenable was himself a pirate king. Yer's done it fine.
If yer'd rather start again wiv a better name I won'ts be offended (though obviously me megalomania normally knows no bounds).

Arrrrr.

D'ye want t' change the title o' the thread now that it be a sticky 'un? Ye should be able t' edit the title o' ye're original message... Oi reckons "Dear Aunty [whatever ye decide 'er name is]" would be good.

Sing along, me hearties...
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always noodles in the air :fsm:
amenabletopasta
Mod

Postby aquazoo on Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:25 pm

Dear Auntie,

I have a question that I'm a bit embarassed to ask, since the answer is peobably here in the forvm. Though I've read through several topics, I fear it would take years of reading before finding any mention of this, so I will ask.

There is an ElderGod who is known to have wings and tentacles, and locally there is a Pirate King who has some knowledge of this God. He is, however, a God of destruction that most sane people hope will remain sleeping blissfully at the bottom of the ocean.

Between the physical description and the reverence of Their followers, I wonder if there is some connection between these two Dieties? Is the FSM a kinder, more benevolent face of the same God? Are they members of the same Family?

Should worshippers of the Flying Spaghetti Monster be aware of this other God?

Finally, are there any FSM followers in Arkham?

Sincerely, Carol
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby amenabletopasta on Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:44 pm

Dear Carol,

It be a common enough worry for young pirates such as yeself. But fret ye not! Follow this 'ere portal through the dimensions and ye shall be seeing the thoughts o' others on this matter.

Oi don't be sure about FSM followers in Arkham, though...
amenabletopasta
Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion