Canada (voting in traditional wear)

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Canada (voting in traditional wear)

Postby c.morgan on Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:07 pm

I see that up here in Canada we now are letting Muslim women vote even if they have the full traditional facial covering. :roll:

In light of that, I see no reason why orthodox Pastafarians should not be able to vote while dressed with eyepatch, large beard etc.

If elections Canada does not sort this out by the next general election (should be less than a year) I intend to hit the voting booth dressed to the hilt in Pirate wear.

Anybody else game?
c.morgan
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Jayco on Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:42 pm

I'm with ya, man!

So we got Calgary and Chicago down. We're making progress.
I Am Legend
Jayco
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Canada (voting in traditional wear)

Postby boghog on Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:20 pm

c.morgan wrote:I see that up here in Canada we now are letting Muslim women vote even if they have the full traditional facial covering. :roll:

Seeing how photo ID isn't necessary to vote anyhow, I don't see why the issue of women wearing burqas is such a big deal.

If I show up at the polling place with Joe Schmoe's birth certificate and utility bill, I'll get to vote for Joe Schmoe. Making women in burqas show their faces to elections officials would do nothing to stop any sort of voter fraud.

c.morgan wrote: In light of that, I see no reason why orthodox Pastafarians should not be able to vote while dressed with eyepatch, large beard etc.

If elections Canada does not sort this out by the next general election (should be less than a year) I intend to hit the voting booth dressed to the hilt in Pirate wear.

Go for it if you want... nobody's stopping you.
Now Hypercaffeinated! Share and Enjoy!

Keep Saturn in Saturnalia!

You catch more flies with BS than you do with honey.
boghog
Lord of Linguini

Wearing my pirate outfit in Oakville for sure.

Postby Great Gazoo on Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:35 am

I don't think you understand boghog that some of us don't think ANYONE should be able to vote without proof of citizenship and photo id. Everyone should be have equal rights without constant "special" treatment. It's getting as bad here as it is in the states.
If Life was without a little Monty Pythonish behavior it just wouldn't be worth doing
Great Gazoo
Ziti Zealot

Re: Wearing my pirate outfit in Oakville for sure.

Postby Grim Squeaker on Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:56 pm

Great Gazoo wrote:I don't think you understand boghog that some of us don't think ANYONE should be able to vote without proof of citizenship and photo id. Everyone should be have equal rights without constant "special" treatment. It's getting as bad here as it is in the states.

You can always send every registered voter a "calling card" valid to vote at a local government branchoffice. Hand in the card, get marked on the checklist of people that are allowed to vote at that office - and vote. The people behind the desk should notice someone coming in with 5000 different (/stolen) cards.

Hey - it works in the Netherlands. Which has slightly less registered voters, but who's counting...
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.â€￾
Stephen Roberts
Grim Squeaker
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re: Wearing my pirate outfit in Oakville for sure.

Postby ChowMein on Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:04 pm

Great Gazoo wrote:I don't think you understand boghog that some of us don't think ANYONE should be able to vote without proof of citizenship and photo id. Everyone should be have equal rights without constant "special" treatment. It's getting as bad here as it is in the states.

YARRR! Gazoo , Who in blew blazes is goan ta go ta all dat trubbel ta cast a singull vote ? Oanlee wun voter registrashun card per body fer each 'ousehold...Iffen ye voting booth peepull kint sees a man behine dat garb nor the cents ta ask 'em a simpull question ta guage the timber ove thee voices ....well... day all be gits ....

PS...Iffen ye noze of sum swaggert dun git aweigh widdit...send 'em doan ta the docks...we be leafin' onna too yeer expadishun...expertdiction...extramitten.....a long trip....
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Return to The Cause