The Scurvy Dog - Yer first drink be on the house

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Sense

Postby black bart on Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:18 am

Mercury...Fish Head Stew...medium sized secrets...pink dresses...

It's all beginning to make sense now...
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby ChowMein on Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:13 am

Uh oh ... I did not need that last drink...I wasn't thirsty ... oh well , the lads will get me back to the " Raging Queen " after they'd had enough fun .

The search for the ring might be a long one ...might as well let em get some A..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby ChowMein on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:10 am

BY YE AND YE RELATIONS , HERACLES ! What have we soiled ARR sandals in ? Let us make our way back to the ARRgos before the pestilence befouling these remnants of sailors afflict us !
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Heracles

Postby black bart on Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:51 am

I've been to Heracleon and Heracles wasn't in!

Quote: Extraordinary strength, courage, ingenuity, and sexual prowess with both males and females were among his characteristics!

Probably just as well then!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby OZ_Nick on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:15 pm

Rowan Redbeard wrote:How long does it take for a gentleman pirate to get a cup of tea in this place? Do I need to draw my sword and threaten to cut off pasta shaped portions of people's anatomy?

Yarr! Sorry 'bout that Cap'n Redbeard. Oi 'ave sent me cabin boy out ter get sum tea, we don't get much call fer it in 'ere. But don't worry, why not 'ave a Captain's Delight XO on the house, while ye wait?
----

Ye may knowe mee better as Cap'n Bluenose
OZ_Nick
Stele Second Mate

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:23 pm

OZ_Nick wrote:Yarr! Sorry 'bout that Cap'n Redbeard. Oi 'ave sent me cabin boy out ter get sum tea, we don't get much call fer it in 'ere. But don't worry, why not 'ave a Captain's Delight XO on the house, while ye wait?

Because I like my stomach lining the way it is?

I do appreciate the offer, my good ape, but if I am to keep my reputation as a gentleman pirate, I must avoid those things that would make me ungentlemanly.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby OZ_Nick on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:32 pm

Yaaarrrr...

Oi s'pose ye won't be wantin enny o' the complermentery Red Cowe Sandwhiches wot we 'as brought in special loike then?
----

OZ_Nick
Stele Second Mate

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:40 pm

That depends. Which is fuzzier, the bread or the cow?
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:48 pm

ARR-oha..oi fink hit depends on whichevah gots da shave first..no mattah, they be chewwwwwwwy..& dey sez noice t'ings abaht ya, too..

(hummery-ous pyratickal-toipe pause...)

cuz they be "complimentARRRy" sannawedges, don' ya know...

*hoo hoo hoo snork blurkkk ahahahaha*
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:53 pm

ARRRRRRGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Not that word!

I have to look it up in the style guide every time I come across it to remember how we've decided to spell it in our publications!

Now I REALLY need that tea.

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby tanguerra on Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:34 am

<Enter Tangerra, clasping ice pack to head and wearing early prototype of sunglasses. Trips over threshold, flicks hair over shoulder >

Evenin' gents, ye scurvy, swarthy, scabby swabs, all of yez.

That was some rip snortin' riot surely woz! You Portsmouthians do surely know how to party it up. Toothless Kate has confined herself to her bunk and is still snorin' it off. A good brawl like that will keep her happy for a while, smilin like a baby she was when last I saw her, all gums and slobber as ever woz.

I'll have a hair o' the dog, a dozen raw eggs, some worchestershire sauce and three Captain's Delights for a chaser. I'll be right as rain again in a jiffy

What ho, Rowan Redbeard! Still tryin' to get a cuppa are ye!
tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:05 am

Aye, Tangie, that I am. I fear that the cabin boy sent to aquire my beverage was waylaid by buccaneers of some sort.

But now that you are here, things are looking up.

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby The Black Spot on Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:47 am

Arrr, I remembers tea.

It be a fine drink fer a Saturday night. We all has a dozen bottles o' Captain's Delight each, an' then we calls for pipin' hot tea.

Then we has the "Yard of Tea" contest.

Gripper Wilson once did a yard o' boiling hot darjeeling in 3.4 seconds. I won't mention what happened at T plus 3.5 seconds, but lets just say that the red flock wallpaper ain't all that it seems.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Postby OZ_Nick on Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:10 am

Yarrr, Jonkins yer lazy no-good rapscallion. Didyer 'ave ter go ter Indeearr ter get the tea? Wot took yer so long? Iffen Eye be findin owt yer been up ter Madam Fifi's it'll be the barrel fer ye tonight, make no mestake!

Now there, Cap'n Redbeard a nice hot cup o' Earl Grey wiv a slice o' lemon and sum olde English shortbread.

Mr Spot, Oi assume ye'll be 'avin a pint o' yer usual - Captain's Delight XO?
----

OZ_Nick
Stele Second Mate

Postby The Black Spot on Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:22 am

Arrr thankee Nick.

I think I recognises the teethmarks on that shortbread ye's palmed off on that other geezer. That be the crust o' that Red Cowe pie I couldn't bite through the other day.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion