Kylie stars in festive Doctor Who

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Cardinal Fang on Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:30 pm

Pop star Kylie Minogue is to have "a major lead role" in this year's Christmas special of Doctor Who.

The star will join David Tennant for Voyage of the Damned, an hour-long show following on from the current series, which ended in the UK on Saturday.

"This will be the most ambitious and best Christmas episode yet," promised executive producer Russell T Davies, who has also written the script.

Filming is scheduled to begin in Cardiff later this month.

'Delighted and excited'

There had been rumours for several weeks that Minogue, who halted her Showgirl world tour for 18 months when she was diagnosed with breast cancer, would appear in the show.

And Davies said he was "delighted and excited" to confirm the 39-year-old's participation.

Minogue, whose debut single I Should Be So Lucky topped the charts in 1988, is currently working on her 10th studio album.

Last year's Christmas special of Doctor Who - The Runaway Bride - starred comedian Catherine Tate alongside Tennant.

She played a woman who was upset at being transported into space as she walked down the aisle on her wedding day.

The episode, broadcast on BBC One on Christmas Day, attracted an audience of 9.4 million.

BBC News
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6262094.stm

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby ken worley on Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:22 am

She is always charming and delightful,....a shame it will probably not air in america.

BTW.. Should I know you from anywhere else?

*narrows eyes, halfway*
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby Elektra on Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:51 pm

We don't get it here. Shame, I'd have liked to see a few episodes.
ImageImage
Bunnies!
Elektra
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Daleks

Postby black bart on Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:20 am

Dr Who is pure magic...as long as there are Daleks I'll keep coming back for more.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby walktheplank on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:05 pm

Does Dr Who really need to bring in these big name guest stars to pull in a few extra viewers. I thought the last Xmas Special with Catherine Tate was poor, she overacted the whole way through and totally ruined it for me. Kylie Minogue may be a huge pop star but she is a lousy actress (remember Neighbours), Dr Who is good it doesn't need her.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby goblingirl on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:03 am

Sadly, Catherine Tate will be re-joining Doctor Who next year. I don't care for either Kylie or Catherine, so am kinda edgy about what the Xmas special and series will be like.
Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
goblingirl
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:41 pm

Aloha..Ms. Minogue is epic...but, Billie Piper is so cool her nickname should be Kelvin..any chance that Jane (ex-"Coupling") could get a look-in with the good Dr.?? I mean, a traffic-reporter in a heli that manipulates the data so her drive home is easier? this is one serious girl!(mahalo to BBC America for bringing a bit of culture to Cali..)
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Coupling

Postby black bart on Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:27 am

Dan(da haole guy) wrote:Aloha..Ms. Minogue is epic...but, Billie Piper is so cool her nickname should be Kelvin..any chance that Jane (ex-"Coupling") could get a look-in with the good Dr.?? I mean, a traffic-reporter in a heli that manipulates the data so her drive home is easier? this is one serious girl!(mahalo to BBC America for bringing a bit of culture to Cali..)

I went to watch 'Coupling' being filmed at Teddington once...hilarious. Jane was a brilliant character and could only enhance the crew of the Tardis, she was played by Gina Bellman.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:38 pm

Aloha..& a hula hip-shake to black bart for reminding me of Jane's "real" name..& i thought Steve did a nifty job as the lieutenant (?) in PotC..& Patrick was in "'V' for Vendetta"..oops, i'm tired & drifting OT.."8000 names for breasts.....................And counting!"
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors