Anyone anywhere near Tucson?

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Anyone anywhere near Tucson?

Postby The Good Reverend Roger on Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:03 am

We will march on a road of bones.
Editor in chief of "SHUT UP", The American Journal of Misanthropy.

Or kill me.
The Good Reverend Roger
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby anthrobabe on Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:18 pm

No but it is my hometown--- the greatest place on earth in my opinion!

graduated from CDO( yes I know it's in Oro Valley) a long time ago
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby kirayon on Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:42 pm

I am from northwest Phoenix, I guess that is kinda close. At least closer than Australia.
HAHA.....words.
kirayon
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby KC Observer on Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:11 pm

MMMMMMMM. Casa Molina Carne Seca chimi's enchilada style!!! They also make awsome margaritas. Also, Mi Nidito, St. May's Mexican food on Grande, etc...

I lived in Tucson for 22 years. Graduated from Sahuaro in '76 (Go Cougars!)
The Pope
KC Observer
Mod

Postby anthrobabe on Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:56 pm

KC Observer wrote:MMMMMMMM. Casa Molina Carne Seca chimi's enchilada style!!! They also make awsome margaritas. Also, Mi Nidito, St. May's Mexican food on Grande, etc...

I lived in Tucson for 22 years. Graduated from Sahuaro in '76 (Go Cougars!)

I've been waitng and waiting for someone-anyone to know about Mi Nidito.
OMFSM!!!
Did you ever La Parilla Sueza? ( the one on Oracle just before Miracle Mile- if going north) I think there is even on on Ina now- but I always loved the Chilaquiles , Cadillac Margaritas and of course green corn tamale
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Squeeze on Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:59 pm

I'm in Phoenix.
Squeeze
Conchigliette Convert

Postby KC Observer on Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:28 pm

Been a very long time, but I've been to the one up by Ina Rd. I don't recall much about it though. My fav's are the ones I listed. The Casa on 22nd street and the one on Campbell, just south of the Rillito are also good. I love the totillas at St Mary's Mexican Food on St' Mary's and Grande. If you haven't bought any ther you MUST, MUST, MUST go and get a couple dozen. They are fabulous! My folks bring a few dozen when they come to visit us here in Kansas City. :fsm_yarr:
The Pope
KC Observer
Mod

Postby Squeeze on Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:13 pm

Have any of you ever been to Los Dos Molinos in Phoenix?
Squeeze
Conchigliette Convert

Postby KC Observer on Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:55 am

Nope - I haven't had good Mexican food in Phx. Not that there isn't any good stuff, but I just haven't been to a Mexican resturant in Phx. that was any good.
The Pope
KC Observer
Mod

Postby zannebee on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:42 am

KC Observer wrote:Nope - I haven't had good Mexican food in Phx. Not that there isn't any good stuff, but I just haven't been to a Mexican resturant in Phx. that was any good.

Well that's just crazy talk.
zannebee
Conchigliette Convert

Postby anthrobabe on Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:38 pm

KC Observer wrote:Been a very long time, but I've been to the one up by Ina Rd. I don't recall much about it though. My fav's are the ones I listed. The Casa on 22nd street and the one on Campbell, just south of the Rillito are also good. I love the totillas at St Mary's Mexican Food on St' Mary's and Grande. If you haven't bought any ther you MUST, MUST, MUST go and get a couple dozen. They are fabulous! My folks bring a few dozen when they come to visit us here in Kansas City. :fsm_yarr:

I'm fairly luck in that my former mother in law still loves me and sends me care packages of her own homemade tortillas de maize y de masa! She was born in Guadalajara and she is truly one of the most amazing people I've ever known in the kitchen(or out).
I'll look up St. Mary's Mex-F next time I'm home

I get good mexican food in Phx- my sister-in-laws house !!!

zannebee- share some good places to eat out so we can find them-Thanks
My mantra
www.gorillafund.org

anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Postby KC Observer on Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:27 pm

St. Mary's tortillas are the closet to homemade that there is. I have not nbeen able to find any available to purchase that rivals them. Of course, grocery store tortillas suck in comparison. Those are all thick and stuff.
The Pope
KC Observer
Mod

Postby Deck Hand Sharkchum on Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:53 pm

Tee Pee in Phoenix is fantastic, hey even George W. ate there! (dont' hold that against the food)
Deck Hand Sharkchum
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby fractal on Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:45 pm

Try Ajo Al's.

16th St just north of Camelback.
I'll meet ya there.

I'm in Tempe.
Spread The Weird >> Stack The Midgets | Whack A Pope
fractal
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby anthrobabe on Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:35 pm

fractal wrote:Try Ajo Al's.

16th St just north of Camelback.
I'll meet ya there.

I'm in Tempe.

mmmmmmm- build your own burro
My mantra
www.gorillafund.org

anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Next

Return to FSM Gatherings