A New Direction?

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

A New Direction?

Postby Alchemist on Thu May 17, 2007 9:06 pm

If this has been placed on the forums I apologise and ask a mod to remove it.

From the Main Page:
http://www.venganza.org/2007/05/16/i-was-tricked.htm

I'm concerned! Your thoughts would be very welcome. Thanks.
David
Alchemist
Ziti Zealot

Postby russianfool20825 on Fri May 18, 2007 12:12 am

are you concerned that people will be tricked into reading the words of Bobby Henderson, or are you just uncomfortable with the tricing part. Or are you uncomfortable with trying to convert other religious people? Because sometimes they don't want to believe because of dogma, and tricking them might let them see that their religion is not as true as they once thought.
russianfool20825
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Alchemist on Fri May 18, 2007 12:38 pm

Most of the concerns have been voiced on the main page thread.
Briefly though:

I'm not keen on asking for donations (compare xmas and his boat). No problem with merchandising.

He appears to be asking us to design the adverts and pay for them too.

I have no problem with using *slightly* underhand tactics in getting people here - I do it myself. I would be very concerned if people start to take this as real (this has been a concern of mine for the 8 months I've been posting on the main page).
I doubt anyone would take the main page seriously in it's present form. However, how far will this trick go?
Cthulhu is a fictional character from HP Lovecraft's mind yet is used by Chaos Magicians who take it very seriously. Not to mention scientology!

I'm not worried now but, in my work, I deal with worst case scenarios - prepare for the worst but hope for the best!
I appear not to be the only one with these concerns.

I hope, as others have mentioned, that this is a knee-jerk reaction to his run-in with a couple of *supposed* JWs the other day - time will tell.

So much for being brief :mrgreen:
Alchemist
Ziti Zealot

Return to The Cause