The Obvious Question

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Postby fusiontortellini on Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:20 am

Perhaps you should get some on eBay. . . Jeeves says they're there after all. And if you've read your P.G.Wodehouse, you know that Jeeves knows all.
Who really might actually be back this time . . .

May the Fiori be with you. And may It have Meatballs.
fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:31 am

pfft. jeeves is a hack

google is going to takeover the (at least computer) world.

try asking peeves that question
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby fusiontortellini on Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:52 am

Oh, I know *that*. I was being metaphysical. I know, it's hard to tell.

You could also find the Jeeves and Wooster series that was on PBS awhile ago. It's fun to see the early work of the guy on House -- besides Black Adder, that is. Though Bertie Wooster is, perhaps, more of an idiot than Prince George.

Besides, I followed the link, and in fact there are no hell pants on eBay.

Too bad. Perhaps we should consult His Noodliness. . .

fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:24 am

i have no idea what you were talking about in that second paragraph.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Shoeman on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:50 pm

Cerberus wrote:The Egyptian Gods weren't brought on by watching Yu-Gi-Oh! Were they?

At the time you coulda said Yu Gi Oh and I woulda been like "Eh???" I think I was twelve at the time.

No this was brought on by an unhealthy obsession with the Egyptian culture. I'm just glad I didn't discover the Temple of Set at the time. Goddamn the insanity which would have ensued.

On spirituality, Any Therians around?
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Shoeman
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby fusiontortellini on Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:22 pm

The Jeeves in "Ask Jeeves" comes from the works of P.G. Wodehouse, an English humour writer who died in 1975. Starting in 1922, he wrote a series of stories about Bertie Wooster (upper class English twit) and his valet, Jeeves, who would always get Bertie out of scrapes in clever, near-miraculous ways.

Wodehouse had a great impact on English humour -- Monty Python's "Upper Class Twit of the Year", for example.

Try and find the books (starts with Right Ho, Jeeves). They're really funny.

The PBS series (Jeeves & Wooster)I mentioned earlier stars Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie (who currently plays Dr. House on House).

Fry and Laurie had a comedy show on British TV, and also played roles in Rowan Atkinson's Blackadder series'. which are hilarious. They're making a new series next year!

fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Postby fusiontortellini on Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:15 am

Hey, I grew up in Boise, Idaho. But I escaped to Massachusetts for college. It was rather like going out in the sun when you'd never seen it before.

Wodehouse didn't make me more sane, of course, just made my insanity more pleasant.

I have left copies of his books around to good effect on occasion. Golf Without Tears was particularly effective.

fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Beliefs

Postby FUBARrrrrrgggg! on Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:49 pm

Hi All: I just converted from the Church of Sponge Bob. It was too "Huggy Feeley" over there. I like the concept of letting the pirate in us out. One question though, is it Pastatarianism or Pastfarianism? Are there 2 sects?
Fubar
Once I read of the evils of drinking-I gave up reading!
FUBARrrrrrgggg!
Ziti Zealot

Postby fusiontortellini on Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:55 pm

Well, I like Pastafarianism. The good thing about our Church is it is non-exclusive -- there is a strong Rastapastafarian contingent, I believe.
I like that.

fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Shoeman on Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:09 pm

Diversity is one of our Church's key strengths.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Shoeman
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:32 am

there's also the Hyper Spagehtti Monster Theory, which Dr. Otis Lansa is invovled with greatly.

but I'm not sure on the specifics on that. is it another sect? or is it just a more advanced scientific theory of the FSM.

(dear god I can't believe I'm going to use this analogy)

like,

Chritians are to ID
as Pastfarians are to Hyper Spaghetti Monster?

like, the IDers are still chritians, and not another sect like prodestants or cahtolic.

same thing with HSM, or am i confued?

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby jassie on Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:18 pm

I consider myself as.. Umm. Well, I celebrate religious holidays (Christmas, Easter etc) but I don't share the beliefs. I do, however, belong to the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland.
jassie
Conchigliette Convert

Postby fusiontortellini on Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:22 pm

I may call it Christmas and Easter, but it's actually Capitalism and Chocolate.

fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Re: The Obvious Question

Postby Pasta Dick Foot on Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:30 pm

Shoeman wrote:What religion are you?

Atheist Quaker. About 10% of the UK's Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) have declared themselves to be Atheists.
Pasta Dick Foot
BANNINATED!!!!!!

Postby Shoeman on Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:44 pm

jassie wrote:I consider myself as.. Umm. Well, I celebrate religious holidays (Christmas, Easter etc) but I don't share the beliefs. I do, however, belong to the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland.

Christmas (I think easter) are just pagan holiday(s) dressed up to look like Christian ones.

What beliefs do you hold to your heart then I wonder? Any particular religion or philosophies? Or just random stuff? Like do you believe in God for instance?
Shoeman
Fusilli Fuselier

PreviousNext

Return to Locked Posts