Blasphemy alert

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Blasphemy alert

Postby Syarzhuk on Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:37 pm

http://rapturealert.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... times.html
A religious battle is taking place on the Internet, with two very different groups arguing over the existence of God.

It began in December when Brian Flemming, a 40-year-old filmmaker and playwright based in Los Angeles, started the Blasphemy Challenge, asking people to post videos on YouTube denying the existence of God.

In one video, for example, a teenage girl says, “I know that the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ, God, the flying spaghetti monster, pink unicorns, all of these made-up entities do not exist.â€￾

I mean, yes, she's right about that spirit thing, unicorns and Jesus Christ - but how does she dare DENY THE OBVIOUS? Isn't she touched by His Noodly Appendage, as all of us are?
Syarzhuk
Conchigliette Convert

Postby MPTrooper on Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:52 pm

A Belivers Challenge? HA! Just the thing we need!

Angsty Christians battleing it out with Angsty Atheist's! The world is in balance once more.
MPTrooper

Postby EarthRise on Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:06 pm

MPTrooper wrote:A Belivers Challenge? HA! Just the thing we need!

Angsty Christians battleing it out with Angsty Atheist's! The world is in balance once more.

I was feeling that the playing field wasn't filled with its usual radicals!

We need that constant tension to make everything smooth.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Zankou on Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:44 pm

How dare she....we shall send our noodly soldiers to avenge Him!
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
--Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

"Take what you can!", "Give nothing back!"
--Pirates of the Caribbean

Zankou, Vice Fuhrer of The Grammar Nazis.

Click here!
Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby blackeyedbutch on Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:24 pm

IPU (invisible pink unicorn) does exist but didn't create the universe, but she is real.

PAID FOR BY THE COMMITEE TO HELP PROTECT THE HOMELESS FROM ZOMBIE INVASIONS
blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Mathin on Fri May 04, 2007 11:50 pm

How dare she! Don't worry, I bet she's just angry that FSM didn't include a male stripper factory...that gives me an idea for another topic...
Mathin
Ziti Zealot

Postby Zankou on Sat May 05, 2007 9:28 am

Mathin wrote:How dare she! Don't worry, I bet she's just angry that FSM didn't include a male stripper factory...that gives me an idea for another topic...

The stripper factories are unisex.

Both male and female, but I have heard that the strippers of the same gender will be invisible to you.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
--Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

"Take what you can!", "Give nothing back!"
--Pirates of the Caribbean

Zankou, Vice Fuhrer of The Grammar Nazis.

Click here!
Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Sat May 05, 2007 10:55 am

I just went looking for one of the challengers to the blasphemy challenge, who assumes that only God can give you the ability to help people, when I found this guy's response.

Very cool. He almost makes me want to go to at least his church.

Check out some of the Raelian responses to it too. See an example here.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Inherent Charitable Traits

Intelligence: What stupid people think they have lots of.
Stupidity: What intelligent people wish they had less of.

I want you to know that everything I did, I did for my country.
- Pol Pot

Check out St JtB's MySpace page here!!
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby Duke on Sat May 05, 2007 10:41 pm

MPTrooper wrote:Angsty Christians battleing it out with Angsty Atheist's! The world is in balance once more.

You don't mean to imply that such...interaction actually stopped for a time, do you?

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby This Is Not My Name on Sun May 06, 2007 4:17 pm

... replied to a different topic... yet it ended up here... my mistake
This is not a signature AND this statement is false.
This Is Not My Name
Ziti Zealot

Postby MPTrooper on Sun May 06, 2007 4:22 pm

This Is Not My Name wrote:how come the atheists get a design of the generally accepted model of an atom? This implies that all atheists believe strictly in science, but i find it hard to believe that all atheists believe in science. Someone should send a very formal letter to the government requesting the 'FSM-fish" be included. There are religions that aren't represented, right? As long as it actually protests something such a letter wouldn't be a bad thing. At the least the FSM logo should be available to those people out there with a sense of humor.

I take it you are speaking of Military Funeral plots?

If you are, and I pray to God you aren’t, that would mean instead of treating such places with respect and honor you would demean such burial grounds because you or some other Atheist has a grudge against religious symbolism? Is that fair to the families of those dearly departed to have their loved ones mocked in such a way?
MPTrooper

Postby This Is Not My Name on Sun May 06, 2007 5:08 pm

huh... post was meant elsewhere (using firefox, must have clicked wrong tab... feel stupid now), not seriously suggesting using the FSM symbol, and i think there are religions that aren't represented. there are tons of religions, the list can't contain them all. last sentence was a joke. Not a grudge against religious symbolism either, just think the atheist symbol is a little odd, only fitting if you're an atheist and a scientist. you assumed way too much there, and this isn't the place to discuss it. If someone truly wanted an FSM symbol on their gravestone that's their choice. an odd choice to be sure, but still their choice.
This is not a signature AND this statement is false.
This Is Not My Name
Ziti Zealot

Return to The Cause