Church, mosque, synagogue & ________?

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Brandx_40 on Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:28 pm

I humbly suggest The Galley.
Brandx_40
Conchigliette Convert

Postby The Chaplain on Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:38 pm

I would go with the Bistro.
"Add 1/3 cup of red wine and mix well" - Book of Recipe 3:20
The Chaplain
Ziti Zealot

Postby Alohasoy on Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:44 pm

Personally, I support the Coliseum. My only objection to that is that its in Rome, which is already taken by a major world religion...but maybe that can work to our advantage.

Alohasoy
Sengwhyuswe Grenoleuk!
All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster!
Alohasoy
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

A Fist full of noodles

Postby black bart on Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:01 am

A radical suggestion here:

We could worship in all Cinemas whilst watching...Spaghetti Westerns!!

A Fist Full of Noodles

For a Few Noodles More etc etc
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PrimeDjin on Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:19 pm

At table or in the kitchen seems a good idea for a place of worship but me I like to eat in bed (I know, it can get messy with all the parmesan and the sauce...). I also like to attack last night's pasta the day after, as breakfast; this I do in a stealthy manner, invariably while standing up...

How about somewhere in Italy but not in Rome - there's this annoying old person there who speaks in public about his disagreement with other people jerking off, eewwww.

How about Napoli? or Stromboli island?? they both have volcanos....
I don't believe, I know
PrimeDjin
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby fusiontortellini on Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:14 pm

My table is His altar. Olive Garden is His chapel. The North End of Boston is His cathedral. I vote for Vatican City to be His Holiest Place, because

It is the center of Italy, land of good pasta, and
    It must be in a location where a previously established religion has its Holy Place.

Crusades are good publicity.
How many pirates can we get to St. Peter's?
Who really might actually be back this time . . .

May the Fiori be with you. And may It have Meatballs.
fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Re: Church, mosque, synagogue & ________?

Postby Ham Nox on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:53 am

I'd always assumed that our church was a Pirate ship, or the forum :confused:
Bayes Theorum:
............................P(X|A) * P(A)
P(A|X) = -----------------------------------
...............P(X|A) * P(A) + P(X|~A) * P(~A)

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Ham Nox, this may make you our most accomplish thread necromancer. And, it's not just spam! Well done. :smile:

This partly comes from my Unitarian Universalist upbringing, but basically any place you worship in becomes your holy ground. I'm actually pretty certain that's all Church, Moseque, and Snyagogue mean, place of worship, they can actually be any building of any sort (Some might not even need four walls, etc).

I technically go to a congregation, and that's a good, nondemoninational, grass-roots oriented word for community ofworshippers, so we could use that. But we also pretty much just call it church, even though we're not really Christian. The main website/bobby does refer to it as the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I'd say you don't need a defined name. Call it what you want. Everything mentioned here, the Kitchen, the Table, a Pirate Ship, the Forum, these are all places of worship.

Flimsy standards, remember? that's why I always lol at these "what about such and such an element of such and such religion?"

To quote the scripture... FAQ* 62 "And the Dalai Llama Answered: We're not trying to completely copy and twist everything about religion."
*or however we may refer to it.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby lord potato on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:53 pm

i would like to quote the gospel. page 122, "Churches are expensive, obviously, and ours-a pirate ship-......"

so i believe that pirate ship is the correct term.
lord potato
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Previous

Return to Scripture and Lore