Would somebody mind answering a few questions?

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby blackeyedbutch on Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:33 am

postmodern religion is more politically correct then "parody religion"

PAID FOR BY THE COMMITEE TO HELP PROTECT THE HOMELESS FROM ZOMBIE INVASIONS
blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Davedim on Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:22 pm

blackeyedbutch wrote:postmodern religion is more politically correct then "parody religion"

Motorcycle.
Davedim
Ziti Zealot

Postby blackeyedbutch on Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:23 am

damnit Dave you just had to bring the motorcycle into this! No I will not take you for a ride on my damned motorcycle, I know it's cool but it just can't hold the weight and maintein a speed of 100 mph while doing a wheelie through a flaming dog, and that would be no way to ride

blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Davedim on Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:03 am

But your motorcycle is made of troof! :cry:
Davedim
Ziti Zealot

Postby blackeyedbutch on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:16 am

But it works

blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Occam on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:32 am

We believe that our religion is just as valid as any other religion. So our belief is as strong as any other belief and therefore if there are other religions then ours must be a religion.

My faith (that it is just as likely that the FSM created the universe as any other supernatural entity) is a rock.

Religion me this
Or religion me that
How do I know
That the world's not flat?
Pastafarianism - The Religion Most Likely To Be True TM
Occam
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby PastaMyBedtime on Tue May 15, 2007 10:29 pm

Guest wrote:This is blasphemy.

You should all get lives.

Not so, O "Guest" (if that's even your REAL name!): For in that we of the Pastafarian persuasion do not accept the term "blasphemy", even thine own perjorative and highy suspect utterances do condemn thee out of thine own mouf', suckah!

We believe in full and complete acceptance of ALL other religious idiocies and beliefs, even (suprisingly enough) our own. We can accept that, in the words of the Proper Prophet, Sir William Gilbert,

"And I am right,
And you are right,
And all is right as right can be!"

Therefore let us commune as bretheren, united in that good struggle against the vile and foul things (anyone here related to a politician... I DO apologize, but let's call a spade a digging implement, eigh?) of this earth to bring us to a greater and Fuller appreciation of His Noodliness, His Alfredo, his appendigal solicitations and His Romano, not to metion his brushes.

Yea, verily, I say unto thee, Come and join the fold - become one of our wooly and saucy friends and all shall be as ewe wish,

" And I'll be right,
And you'll be right,
And friends we'll be all thru the night."

rAmen
PastaMyBedtime
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Ziggy on Mon May 21, 2007 5:48 pm

I think guest is a spy.

and i have a life... i just thought i would put it on hold to praise the fsm
I ♥ mrgreen :mrgreen:
Ziggy
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby EarthRise on Mon May 21, 2007 9:32 pm

Montereyjack wrote:I think guest is a spy.

and i have a life... i just thought i would put it on hold to praise the fsm

Nah, Guest was a person before he got his ass banned for inane statements like "This is blasphemy."
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Zankou on Mon May 21, 2007 9:45 pm

Yes, and before I could eat him, too...bastard.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
--Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

"Take what you can!", "Give nothing back!"
--Pirates of the Caribbean

Zankou, Vice Fuhrer of The Grammar Nazis.

Click here!
Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby kirayon on Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:13 pm

I honestly cannot say what my opinion is on Pastaferianism being a religion, since I cannot say what my opinion is on anything else being a religion. All my life I have looked upon people going to church and praying with fascination. I could never be a part of their community because believing in some magical zombie that was supposed to come and save me once the world started ending was beyond me. In Pastaferianism I see a community of people that are willing to accept that these people are pretty much crazy and it has come to a point where being crazy is acceptable while not believing in crazy magic zombies makes you a loony. I do also enjoy saying Pastaferian instead of atheist because usually the guy throwing bibles at people looks confused first.
HAHA.....words.
kirayon
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby KC Observer on Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:28 pm

I honestly cannot say what my opinion is on Pastaferianism being a religion, since I cannot say what my opinion is on anything else being a religion. All my life I have looked upon people going to church and praying with fascination. I could never be a part of their community because believing in some magical zombie that was supposed to come and save me once the world started ending was beyond me. In Pastaferianism I see a community of people that are willing to accept that these people are pretty much crazy and it has come to a point where being crazy is acceptable while not believing in crazy magic zombies makes you a loony. I do also enjoy saying Pastaferian instead of atheist because usually the guy throwing bibles at people looks confused first.

Believing in the FSM is as good as believing in anything/anyone else. Better in most respects;
+We don't tithe (unless you really want to and then PM me and I'll send you my address to send the $'s to).
+We don't have to get up early on Sunday, get dressed and go to church.
+We don't condem anyone for their beliefs.
+We accept all into our fold (race, color, creed, sexual orientation, lite beer drinkers - although this point is still up in the air :wink: )
+We have our heaven
+ We have a beer volcano in our heaven
More on the list as well. 8) :fsm_yarr:
The Pope
KC Observer
Mod

Postby Deck Hand Sharkchum on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:27 am

EarthRise wrote:Negative. In all other religions, the adherents actually believe in the principles of the religion.

Ok, so I'm responding to an old reply (sue me, I'm poor).
When I think of the principles of FSM I think of the 8 I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts. I must say that in general I actually believe in these psuedo-commandments. So if believing in these principles does that make me an adherant to this belief as a religion?

Edited for computer & general illiteracy
Deck Hand Sharkchum
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby EarthRise on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:29 pm

Deck Hand Sharkchum wrote:
EarthRise wrote:Negative. In all other religions, the adherents actually believe in the principles of the religion.

Ok, so I'm responding to an old reply (sue me, I'm poor).
When I think of the principles of FSM I think of the 8 I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts. I must say that in general I actually believe in these psuedo-commandments. So if believing in these principles does that make me an adherant to this belief as a religion?

Edited for computer & general illiteracy

Might one be made a Christian simply because he believes in several of the principles that Jesus stressed in His sermons?

Nah. Adherents of a religion are created through the following of the deity (regardless of if the belief of divinity is maintained or not), and the appreciation of the truth in what the deity speaks. Methinks Pastafarians have the explicit responsibility of being two-faced believers in the FSM.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby boghog on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:50 pm

EarthRise wrote:Nah. Adherents of a religion are created through the following of the deity (regardless of if the belief of divinity is maintained or not), and the appreciation of the truth in what the deity speaks. Methinks Pastafarians have the explicit responsibility of being two-faced believers in the FSM.

Traditionally, when a group of believers have one set of teachings that they share with the world at large and another set of teachings, beliefs or rites that they only share within an inner circle, it was called a "mystery religion".

The term sounds much nicer than "two-faced". :wink:
Now Hypercaffeinated! Share and Enjoy!

Keep Saturn in Saturnalia!

You catch more flies with BS than you do with honey.
boghog
Lord of Linguini

PreviousNext

Return to The Cause