Hate mails

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Hate mails

Postby shillAT on Wed May 10, 2006 8:56 pm

I had been browsing The best page in the universe.com, and i was reading hatemails. Maddox took the author of every hate mail and litterally tore them a new one. I think that bobby should do that for the hate mails to FSM. It would be both funny and ridiculously easy: they employ poor spelling, grammar, and bad arguments. It would definitely be funny as hell.
"I made my famous pasta suprise.The suprise was that I forgot the salt" -Paul West
From "A Year In the Merde", by Stephen Clarke
shillAT
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Alpaca on Wed May 10, 2006 9:14 pm

Bobby's nice: he leaves that to us.

Check out Rant, Rave, and Misbehave. Nice hatemail trashing topic there, entitled "It had to be done."
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Fredrick2003 on Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:40 am

Theres nothing better than when a person insults "ur intalagance".
Fredrick2003
Ziti Zealot

Postby Weird beard on Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:11 pm

what i dont get is how Christian can calling people "motherfuckers" be
Love thy Neighbour as you love they noodle
Weird beard
Conchigliette Convert

hate mails

Postby NeferKa on Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:41 am

Goodness. I had some time tonight to read through some of the hate mails that I haven’t read yet. I can only read a few at a time, or else I get sick. I can’t believe people are so full of hate and anger, or that they feel so threatened!

I would enjoy writing letters back to these people, not to name call or discuss the fucking of mothers, but I’d like to at least correct the grammar and spelling and send it back so they have to accept or reject the changes. I am a sadist when I proof read papers, and I want to edit many of these hate mails!

Furthermore, I found it odd that most of them mention Jesus, or claim that we’re not a religion because we don’t have martyrs. (“I don't they any of them would be willing to die for "FSMism" or evolution either for that matter.â€￾) I think our lack of martyrs shows that we’re smart enough to avoid getting killed, and by some of the letters people right, it’s a good thing too! It’s also very easy for a person to say that s/he is willing to die for a religion that is the majority in control and has no real fear of persecution.
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Re: hate mails

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:55 am

NeferKa wrote:Furthermore, I found it odd that most of them mention Jesus, or claim that we’re not a religion because we don’t have martyrs. (“I don't they any of them would be willing to die for "FSMism" or evolution either for that matter.â€￾) I think our lack of martyrs shows that we’re smart enough to avoid getting killed, and by some of the letters people right, it’s a good thing too! It’s also very easy for a person to say that s/he is willing to die for a religion that is the majority in control and has no real fear of persecution.

Heh... It's no fun being a pro-evolution martyr unless you're past breeding age, and THEN only if it enhances the reproductive sucess of your descendants or immediate family.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby NeferKa on Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:17 am

Have you ever seen the Darwin Awards?
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Grey on Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:35 am

I adore the Darwin Awards, but I don't know if we can make them our martyrs.

I would enjoy writing letters back to these people, not to name call or discuss the fucking of mothers, but I’d like to at least correct the grammar and spelling and send it back so they have to accept or reject the changes. I am a sadist when I proof read papers, and I want to edit many of these hate mails!

Do you want or need some help? Because that sounds like fun, and I'd like to volunteer my time.[/quote]
The revolution has abandoned you. You're on your own now.

The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt not get caught.

fueledbycoffee wrote:America has a long and hallowed tradition of irrational tax evasion and belligerence. We are the national equivalent of the Nac Mac Feegle. And we're the leaders of the free world. Damn, now I've scared myself shitless.
Grey
Farfalle First Mate

fixing hate mail from lewis

Postby NeferKa on Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:12 pm

While I don’t think writing back to the hate-mail senders would be very effective or possible, I did edit a letter just for kicks.

Here is the original:
I'ts sad so many people believe in this ridiculous religion. Oh wait, maybe I shouldn't say believe, because I don't they any of them would be willing to die for "FSMism" or evolution either for that matter. Hopefully God will be more merciful to you than you are to Him. Enjoy mocking the beliefs of the mass majority of America, you misguided elitists. Very sincerely, Lewis

Here is my edit:
It's sad that so many people believe in this ridiculous religion. (I corrected the spelling.) Perhaps I shouldn't say "believe" because I don't think that any of those that adhere to the FSM faith would be willing to die for "FSMism" because I believe that the only way to prove one's faith is to die for that religion. (I specified who "those" are and further elaborated why death is necessary to prove one's religion. However, I would worry that the statement of death could be read as a threat. Furthermore, this statement is rather meaningless since you point out in your letter that you belong to the majority in religious groups so we know that you will not be dying for you religion either. I also deleted evolution because it is not a type of religion, and it did not flow with the rest of the sentence.) Hopefully the God that I choose to believe in will be more merciful to you than you are to Him. (I specified what God, as there are hundreds of them.) Enjoy mocking the beliefs of the mass majority of America*, you misguided people. (I changed "elitists" to "people" because I don't think you know what the word "elitist" means. I would also consider deleting this sentence entirely because it demonstrates your ignorance about the topic, so those who read your letter will not take you seriously. I would also suggest elaborating on why you believe that Pastafarians are misguided.)

Very sincerely,
Lewis

*While 76.5% of Americans claim to be Christian, each individual religion with its own beliefs is far from the majority. Catholics are the majority at 24.5%, Baptists make up 16.3 % of the population, and Methodists/Wesleyans are the third more popular at 6.8%. It seems to me that Christians only get along with other denominations when it is convenient to use their numbers to claim that they’re in the majority, even though there are diverse theological differences and beliefs amongst the groups.
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby CMax on Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:12 am

I just find it funny that people are so riled up about FSM and how it's 'ignorant' - yet a lot of other religions are just as ridiculous, or hypocritical.

Everyone is entitled to Freedom of Religion, unless you talk to someone else who is extremely religious - then at times you are yelled at until you change to their religion. Seems that the most devout are also the most violent at times.

Just for the record - - have the Pastafarians ever started a war? Committed hate crimes?
CMax
Ziti Zealot

Postby Jean Bart on Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:44 am

Just for the record - - have the Pastafarians ever started a war? Committed hate crimes?

Maybe they aren't around long enough for that... :roll:

Anyway, I think it's no use trying to explain ANYTHING that more or less touches religion to fundies: it's easier for them to stay within their small circle, just believing what their one book says, and excluding everything that doesn't fit in it. Questioning honestly such fundamental things as religion, faith, filosophy, etc. isn't the easiest way to live, you know... :fsm_yarr:
"Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's Flying Circus, Season 2, Episode 2)
"Je préfère le vin d'ici à l'eau de là" (Francis Blanche)
"Nu zijn er wel die mij niet mogen, of onverschillig langs mij gaan. Met liefde en met mededogen zie ik die vuile schoften aan! (Drs. P in "Jubelzang")
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens." (phrase attribuée à Arnaud Amaury, légat du Pape, à l'occasion de la prise de Béziers en 1209)
Jean Bart
Farfalle First Mate

Re: fixing hate mail from lewis

Postby xinjinbei on Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:31 pm

because I believe that the only way to prove one's faith is to die for that religion.

exactly....
the only way.
xinjinbei
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby MPTrooper on Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:44 pm

THREAD NECROMANCY IS THE BAD! DON'T DO IT!
MPTrooper

Just out of interest

Postby SauceBeUponYe on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:44 am

I'm relatively new here and was reading through some of the hate mails and many claim that FSMism has ruined many people's lives.

I was wondering who has had their lives ruined by FSM, it has certainly enhanced mine, and how? FSMism seems to be a religion of tolerance and relaxation.

Oh and have they never heard of the Crusades, the Inquisition etc.??

:worship: :fsm_float:
The Great Papal Patriarch and Dalai Lama and Pirate of His Holy Appendage
SauceBeUponYe
Ziti Zealot

Postby Zankou on Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:18 pm

Grey wrote:I adore the Darwin Awards, but I don't know if we can make them our martyrs.

Why not? that would be perfect.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
--Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

"Take what you can!", "Give nothing back!"
--Pirates of the Caribbean

Zankou, Vice Fuhrer of The Grammar Nazis.

Click here!
Zankou
Brewmeister

Next

Return to The Cause