Leather Bound Edition

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Leather Bound Edition

Postby Atkinsdieter on Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:04 pm

My son suggested that he would like to have a leather bound edition, like the holy books of other religions, that he could carry around with him. Such an edition could become a family heirloom in which births and passings and other family history could be recorded.

Anyone else interested in such an edition?

Atkinsdieter
Atkinsdieter
Conchigliette Convert

Postby bubz_the_troll on Sat May 05, 2007 12:57 am

Actually when I ordered the book I was expecting it to be leather bound. I was sadly disappointed that it was not. Such a Holy work deserves better than a mere 70 lb card stock for a cover.
bubz_the_troll
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Anteater on Sat May 19, 2007 5:17 pm

Yeah, and that text... well the font size wasn't up to it- I read it all the way through and my head still didn't hurt from squinting. There simply must be a better religious style here
Anteater
Conchigliette Convert

Book making

Postby NeferKa on Thu May 31, 2007 6:41 pm

A leather bound book would be nice. At least the first edition of our holy book was printed so we all have the same copy, instead of the handwritten-beginings of other religions.

I suppose you could buy or make a blank leather-bound book and make your own illuminated manuscript. It would be time consuming, but very fancy. (A few years ago St. John's Uni in Minnesota contracted to have someone make them a handwritten Bible! Why can't we do something like that?)
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby kirayon on Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:41 pm

I think if I made my own leather bound edition of the book I would first have to type it all into babelfish and have it translated to Latin then to Greek then to four more random languages and then back to English. Then I would feel that I am following tradition as far as holy books go and write down whatever was there. Although if a leather bound edition was made available I would buy it and display it proudly in my house.
HAHA.....words.
kirayon
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:58 pm

kirayon wrote:I think if I made my own leather bound edition of the book I would first have to type it all into babelfish and have it translated to Latin then to Greek then to four more random languages and then back to English. Then I would feel that I am following tradition as far as holy books go and write down whatever was there. Although if a leather bound edition was made available I would buy it and display it proudly in my house.

True.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby vootpig on Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:32 pm

A leather-bound edition would be great! :D

I, too, expected the Gospel to be leather-bound when I ordered it. It's not SO bad as a paper back (it's still amazing), but I agree that it would be cool to have a "family heirloom" style book so I could pass His Noodly Goodness unto my children or whomever.
vootpig
Conchigliette Convert

how about...

Postby pirateanarchist on Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:06 pm

I propose the making of a leather book cover! then we can just slip the nice leather cover with a hard backing for support onto our respective copies of the FSM gospel and then we shall indeed have leather-bound books! hell i may make some and sell them towards profiting the pirate ship church! hell i may not even need to buy the supplies, as I can find most of it, I can get leather anywhere; deer hide it would be as me cousins hunt deer for dinner.
the red dye is easy too as there is red leather shoe polish, and then alls left is the gold-leaf emblem on the cover of the FSM and the title. gold leaf can be scraped off the edges of bible pages what are gold-leafed. I can put light paste on the cover in the right pattern then powder on the gold leafing.
I encourage you lot to do the same in your capacity! the FSM will be pleased! :fsm_yarr:
Pirates Do It For The Rum
Ramen

anarchyinaction.piczo.com
pirateanarchist
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Lord of Numa on Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:16 pm

Yes, I believe that this is a good idea. I was rather disappointed when I picked up the book and found it to not be as aesthetically pleasing as I believed that it would be.
May the glorious Flying Spaghetti Monster bathe you in his wondrous Mercy, Love, and Garlic Sauce!
May He bless MP3 Fiesta and their noodlicious music bargains!
May He also watch over Roffleopolis and touch it with his marvelous Noodly Appendages.

RAmen
Lord of Numa
Bucatini Buccanneer

agreement here

Postby LahaRulle on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:04 pm

I totally agree with all of this. I want "bible style" books. small, leather backed type thing. with those, i would get a bunch and hand them out at my school like they are bibles :D :fsm_rock:
LahaRulle
Conchigliette Convert

Postby pirateanarchist on Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:04 pm

yar, come up with ideas, post them here and get started on projects! if ye want something, steal it yerself! yar har! when I gets me camera back i'll get back on me video projects. in the meantime i'll get some leather.
Pirates Do It For The Rum
Ramen

anarchyinaction.piczo.com
pirateanarchist
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Re: agreement here

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:34 am

LahaRulle wrote:I totally agree with all of this. I want "bible style" books. small, leather backed type thing. with those, i would get a bunch and hand them out at my school like they are bibles :D :fsm_rock:

The hardcover is Bible-style. It's the same as the pic of it on the softcover cover. Even has bookmark ribbons (if you'd read my "Hardcover Gospel Released" thread, you'd know this).

ISBN: 0-00-723160-1

You could probably improvise a cover for it with some red-coloured leather & gold leaf.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Red Leather, Yellow Leather, Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry Said Five Times Fast.

Intelligence: What stupid people think they have lots of.
Stupidity: What intelligent people wish they had less of.

I want you to know that everything I did, I did for my country.
- Pol Pot

Check out St JtB's MySpace page here!!
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

want one

Postby LahaRulle on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:28 am

aright then. i want one of those, actually i want more than one of those, but i can't find any stores near me that sell them - its only online.
LahaRulle
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Clifford on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:26 pm

If it helps the cause, then yes
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby Auntie Blackbeard on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:13 pm

I be doubtfull it be happenin' dearies , Bobby doan give much a hoot abowt our forum ( he neffer visits thee Crow's Nest ) .

I doan think annudder publishARR be touchin him fer a while , thay dint make much munny... iffen any .
Auntie Blackbeard
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Next

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion