need a 3d model of FSM!

Found a stunning new portrayal of His Noodly Majesty? New art, adapted art, links to do-it-yourself art? Realistic, conceptual, whatever? Post it here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby angelsou on Sat May 20, 2006 11:54 am

Well, if you want a prism like that, send me another 3d file. To everyone else, fair warning, no matter how fast (and if) people give permissions and such, I'm going away soon until late June, and they won't be available for sale regardless till then. If you send me a 3d file, though, I'll probably get it handled quickly (before I leave) and you'll at least get your copies of it.

Don't know how many models I would be able to handle, the response has been pretty slow as of yet.

If you really do want them to be available quickly, if you send me a file, let me know (publicly is great, but I need an e-mail too) that I can do what I want with it in support of the CotFSM. I will only sell these in whatever way Bobby and I work out that he deems is acceptable support of the CotFSM. I can't pay money, but I'm happy to send a set your way as a big thank you.
angelsou
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Michelangelo on Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:20 am

Okay, JKVisFX confused me. The thing looks real to me. Is that just an image of one of those things or do you actually have the equipment to make them?
Michelangelo

Postby angelsou on Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:36 pm

I actually have the equipment to make them - unfortunately, I do not have the graphical talent to design them. I can only work with what you give me! Once I've got it, though, I'm pretty good (IMNSHO) at turning it into something impressive and pretty.

I will be going out of town next week for about three weeks - I have a few things I'm looking to roll out as soon as I get back, I think you all will be suitably impressed.
angelsou

Postby starbase1 on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:49 pm

I bring tidings of great comfort and joy...

The CG Society is having a challenge to illuminate a supplied model of the inexorable FSM! And 3d models are provided in several formats:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread. ... 5&t=477568

It's where I got the untextured one that is the basis for my image mentioned elsewhere in these forums. Many of the people in those forums are industry leading professionals, so we can expect some seriously great images to come out of the competition - there are already quite a few!

Nick
starbase1
Conchigliette Convert

Postby xinjinbei on Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:05 am

FSM 3D model for garry's mod would be awesome.
xinjinbei
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby starbase1 on Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:50 pm

xinjinbei wrote:FSM 3D model for garry's mod would be awesome.

What format would that need? I may be able to convert it for you...
Nick
starbase1
Conchigliette Convert

Postby xinjinbei on Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:45 pm

starbase1 wrote:
xinjinbei wrote:FSM 3D model for garry's mod would be awesome.

What format would that need? I may be able to convert it for you...
Nick

.smd
xinjinbei
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby angelsou on Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:26 pm

I've been working furiously on a few new FSM designs - should have them burnt soon. This challenge was just what I needed to get off my arse.
angelsou

Postby jmb on Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:28 pm

angelsou wrote:I've been working furiously on a few new FSM designs - should have them burnt soon. This challenge was just what I needed to get off my arse.

I'm glad to hear it. I hope you'll post them on the cgsociety on-going challenges forum when you finish your work.

-jeremy
jmb
Ziti Zealot

Postby ~NoodleDemon~ on Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:17 am

Ahoy, I have Lightwave 8.5, so I'll attempt a fully rendered model of the noodly one. But I'm still to figure out whether a fully detailed project like that'll burn my new MacBook Pro harddrive. I'm used to working on consoles with a lot more memory and RAM. If anyone has any tips, or anything, I'm grateful. If that doesn't work, I'll just scan a drawing in and post to another thread.

RAmen!

Great works so far! :mrgreen:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm_float:
I hope you're on the recieving end of an improbability equation wherein something happens to you that's as unlikely as Rob Schneider winning a best actor Oscar on the same day Michael Jackson single handedly captures Osama Bin Laden. ~ Rainswept

O.K. Everything else is just stuff you do while you are waiting to have sex. Sin. WoE. ~ Warlord of Elephants

Image Image Image
~NoodleDemon~
Brewmeister

Postby CaptainPyro on Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:57 pm

:x FIRE! FIRE! It's everywhere! I dropped a morter! Damn! Damn! Damn!
CaptainPyro
Conchigliette Convert

Previous

Return to Art and Artistic Adaptations