:( So... Today.. :(

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby regua on Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:02 am

Well, don't you think that every religion is fake? What if Jesus had schizophrenia and thought he's the son of God, and now over 2 billion people believe him? Where's the proof? And where's the proof that Flying Spaghetti Monster does not actually exist? Maybe Bobby Henderson was the first one to dare to talk about Him? Or maybe he has schizophrenia, too? :wink:
regua
Conchigliette Convert

Postby EarthRise on Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:53 am

Standard religion, that upon which the country has founded its "right to religion" laws, is a system of faith in which the adherents of the religion actually hold that the standards set forth by the religion are true.

It doesn't matter whether Bobby was drunk when talking to the FSM, or whether Jesus was toking when he delivered the Sermon on the Mount, or L. Ron Hubbard was a bloody science fiction writer. The point stands that Pastafarians are expected to be doubletalk in public, because they don't truly believe if they are Pastafarians.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Marcion on Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:46 pm

Zankou wrote:The bottom line is, pastafarianism IS a satirical analysis of most religions' characteristics and structure...

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be forced to remove our eyepatches, as they are , if not religous paraphernalia, a religous protest...

I mostly agree, but did you miss the part about the introspection I am forcing on him now? Perhaps he'll consider the broader context (we can hope), but for him, right now, pastafarianism is just as serious as any other religion he has come into contact with. For him, right now.

Zankou wrote:oh, and Marcion....

ASH WEDNESDAY WAS IN FEBRUARY...EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT A PRACTICING CATHOLIC/CHRISTIAN. EVERY BLOODY PERSON KNOWS THAT ASH WEDNESDAY IS EXACLTY 40 DAYS PRIOR TO EASTER...

i assume, as most people, you celebrate Easter? well, just so you know, easter, lent, ash wednesday...they are all the most important celebrations in the Catholic/Christian Church...so to disrespect them like this is kind of mean...

I didn't realize it, I did however figure out that it was on a wednesday :mrgreen:

we don't celebrate easter or any other religious holidays except as work dictates, and my earliest experiences with Catholicism were based on a fanatical evangelical part of the family who insisted it was "a filthy mexican idol worshipping thing, institutionalized Satanism". You can see how I might have been somewhat discouraged from learning when Ash wednesday is, and heaven forbid I should ever listen to that evil rock and roll :wink:

I really don't care about disrespecting anyone's faith. I don't intend to do so on this board of course, that is not its purpose.
Marcion
Ziti Zealot

Postby KC Observer on Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:43 pm

MPTrooper wrote:For the Love of God and Reason, PLEASE use some grammer in you're future post's.

I'm sure you had a great story to tell, but the writeing made me want to gouge my eyes out.

I have to agree with you MP, but I will point out that you must have "fat fingered" when you were posting as well ...
writeing
:wink:
The Pope
KC Observer
Mod

Postby MPTrooper on Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:27 pm

Lack of grammer make MPT no spell!
MPTrooper

Postby Zankou on Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:28 pm

Marcion wrote:
Zankou wrote:The bottom line is, pastafarianism IS a satirical analysis of most religions' characteristics and structure...

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be forced to remove our eyepatches, as they are , if not religous paraphernalia, a religous protest...

I mostly agree, but did you miss the part about the introspection I am forcing on him now? Perhaps he'll consider the broader context (we can hope), but for him, right now, pastafarianism is just as serious as any other religion he has come into contact with. For him, right now.

Zankou wrote:oh, and Marcion....

ASH WEDNESDAY WAS IN FEBRUARY...EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT A PRACTICING CATHOLIC/CHRISTIAN. EVERY BLOODY PERSON KNOWS THAT ASH WEDNESDAY IS EXACLTY 40 DAYS PRIOR TO EASTER...

i assume, as most people, you celebrate Easter? well, just so you know, easter, lent, ash wednesday...they are all the most important celebrations in the Catholic/Christian Church...so to disrespect them like this is kind of mean...

I didn't realize it, I did however figure out that it was on a wednesday :mrgreen:

we don't celebrate easter or any other religious holidays except as work dictates, and my earliest experiences with Catholicism were based on a fanatical evangelical part of the family who insisted it was "a filthy mexican idol worshipping thing, institutionalized Satanism". You can see how I might have been somewhat discouraged from learning when Ash wednesday is, and heaven forbid I should ever listen to that evil rock and roll :wink:

I really don't care about disrespecting anyone's faith. I don't intend to do so on this board of course, that is not its purpose.

point taken...sorry..

Mpt, Zankou agree...grammar missing.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
--Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

"Take what you can!", "Give nothing back!"
--Pirates of the Caribbean

Zankou, Vice Fuhrer of The Grammar Nazis.

Click here!
Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby EarthRise on Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:43 pm

MPTrooper wrote:Lack of grammer make MPT no spell!

Yep, thaaaat made a ton of sense.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Previous

Return to The Cause