Funny Story

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Funny Story

Postby nacho on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:23 pm

I was talking to an acquaintance of mine, and he's really REALLY Christian. So much that his Churchy friends were with him. None of them could understand his noodliness. Between one of the Churchies the conversation got semi-heated, and it ended like this:

Me: Just explain to me why Christianity is more plausible than Pastafarianism.
Churchy: Well, Christianity has been around for over 1000 years. Some d**chbag just made this religion 4 years ago.
Me: Assf*cking has been around for even longer, but I don't believe in that either.
**Churchies walk away**

Christians are the worst...
nacho
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby MPTrooper on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:49 pm

Are we now? I'll be sure to keep that mind for future refrence.
MPTrooper

Postby EarthRise on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:03 pm

1) 2 years
2) I don't get it. How can one not believe in sodomy? It's quite obvious that it occurs. I'm not following the rebuttal...
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby nacho on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:22 pm

Well, actually I said "I don't do that either", but I figured I'd make it seem more relevant :P Also, he's the one who said 4 years, not I.

MPTrooper: eh?
nacho

Postby MPTrooper on Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:03 am

I'm one of the very few Christians on this board (Roman Catholic if you wish to get specific.) While I enjoy a good religion joke as much as the next guy, I'll gladly tear into anyone who attacks religion for no good reason, just as I'm sure I would be rend anew should I attack Atheists (again, for no good reason).

You making a blanket statement such as "Christians are the worse" (you do get points for not using the word “xiansâ€￾.) shows me that you aren't one of the many intelligent, thoughtful and insightful Atheist found here. Instead I would label you as one of those teenage types who riles against God and religion because it's the "cool thing to do lawlz!"

I hope I'm wrong, really I do. It's no fun engaging in a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent. In any case here’s to your stay. May it be eventful
MPTrooper

Re: Funny Story

Postby E.Raser two on Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:14 pm

nacho wrote:I was talking to an acquaintance of mine, and he's really REALLY Christian. So much that his Churchy friends were with him. None of them could understand his noodliness. Between one of the Churchies the conversation got semi-heated, and it ended like this:

Me: Just explain to me why Christianity is more plausible than Pastafarianism.
Churchy: Well, Christianity has been around for over 1000 years.

I have heard of a book of Piergiorgio Odifreddi " Many good reasons not to be Christians , not less Catholics "
One of these is : Greeks too believed in Zeus& Athena&Venus for more than 2.000 years.
But that not means they were true gods.
E.Raser two
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby blackeyedbutch on Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:23 pm

MPTrooper wrote:I'm one of the very few Christians on this board (Roman Catholic if you wish to get specific.) . . . I'll gladly tear into anyone who attacks religion for no good reason, just as I'm sure I would be rend anew should I attack Atheists (again, for no good reason).

I'm sure there was a reason for this conversation, even so I've been confronted by various members of various different churches as to why I don't go to their church and that I was going to be damned for not believing their way all because I walked by them I don't know if something about my walk is offencive or ungoddly in anyway but I can't say I've ever noticed such

Oh and a lot of people aren't athiest because "it's the cool thing to do lawlz" but because putting their faith in god never did anything for them.

PAID FOR BY THE COMMITEE TO HELP PROTECT THE HOMELESS FROM ZOMBIE INVASIONS
blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Emphatically

Postby Zankou on Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:16 am

I agree emphatically with all of you, because you all made valid points.

Christians are the worst...

When it comes to defending their religion, Christians are one of the worst, specifically Catholics. However, that doesn't mean that ALL Catholics/Christians are like that. What gets me, is that most Christians/Catholics are only Christians/Catholics for two hours on Sunday morning.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
--Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

"Take what you can!", "Give nothing back!"
--Pirates of the Caribbean

Zankou, Vice Fuhrer of The Grammar Nazis.

Click here!
Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby nacho on Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:44 pm

The conversation ended up getting heated, which is why I went to the extreme. I politely asked him to tell me why it's more believable than my faith. Joke aside, I'm sure you can agree that Christianity's age doesn't give it credibility.

Sorry if I offended you at the end. Any religious fanatic gets on my nerves, and Christians are the majority (in America).
nacho

Postby Zankou on Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:47 pm

no, the age of a religion doesn't give it more credibility than any other religion. No faith is more believable than any other faith, unless its a faith made up entirely on the spot, and simply to protest something...wait i minute...oops! blashphemy1 Fogive me my noodly master! forgive me!
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
--Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

"Take what you can!", "Give nothing back!"
--Pirates of the Caribbean

Zankou, Vice Fuhrer of The Grammar Nazis.

Click here!
Zankou
Brewmeister

Re: Funny Story

Postby Fatwalrus on Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:27 pm

nacho wrote:Me: Assf*cking has been around for even longer, but I don't believe in that either.

best retort i've heard in years. high five.
I'm a Christian: I worship Chris.
Fatwalrus
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Fsbof90 on Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:46 pm

1) Christianity probably once was "invented 4 years ago", and then it aged...

2) I think pastafarism has more credibility because christianity has been created in times where people didn't ask questions, believed in just about anything and scientists.... didn't "exist". If christianity was created in 2000 or later, people would have reacted the same as your mate did with pastafarism.
Fsbof90
Conchigliette Convert

Postby nacho on Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:13 pm

Fsbof90 wrote:1) Christianity probably once was "invented 4 years ago", and then it aged...

2) I think pastafarism has more credibility because christianity has been created in times where people didn't ask questions, believed in just about anything and scientists.... didn't "exist". If christianity was created in 2000 or later, people would have reacted the same as your mate did with pastafarism.

#2 I figure the same thing, but that isn't a good reason to Christians, because according to them, if Christianity was created in 2000 then Jesus would have recently died for our sins and turned into a zombie.
nacho

Postby blackeyedbutch on Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:17 am

nacho wrote:
Fsbof90 wrote:1) Christianity probably once was "invented 4 years ago", and then it aged...

#2 I figure the same thing, but that isn't a good reason to Christians, because according to them, if Christianity was created in 2000 then Jesus would have recently died for our sins and turned into a zombie.

and then Samuel L Jackson would have to come after him . . . I'm staring to like the idea of a 2000 version of christianity

PAID FOR BY THE COMMITEE TO HELP PROTECT THE HOMELESS FROM ZOMBIE INVASIONS
blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby MPTrooper on Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:17 pm

...Zombie Jesus?

:cry:
MPTrooper

Next

Return to The Cause