Fun Stuff to Do When You're Bored

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby ken worley on Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:48 am

No, you could get wigs, and trick mustaches(sic) from, I don't know, a yard sale at Ron Jeremy's house...

(Making the rule about growing real ones would be a gender-exclusionist rule.....I hope....)
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley on Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:17 am

Dressed up like an extra from Deliverance, set up a driftwood stand on the sidewalk outside an office building.
Sit beside the stand, grinning like a maniac, holding a gas-powered line trimmer in one hand, and a beer in the other.
Around your neck hang a crudely-lettered sign which reads,
----"Brazillyun Wax- $1"---

Don't forget the 3-gallon glass jar on the counter of the stand that reads,
TIPS
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley on Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:39 pm

Go to the grocery store, and sit on the bench by customer service.
"Drop" a fake grocery list nearby, with normal items interspersed with things like
'coconut nipples',
'lg. jar hummingbird tongues',
'ground chicken feet',
etc., and watch the confused expressions of the nosy people who pick it up and read it.
Old people are especially entertaining.
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby Duke on Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:31 pm

If you're really bored, start a neighborhood hip-hop group.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Fatwalrus on Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:50 pm

go to a fast food restaurant drive-thru and order a cheeseburger with extra no cheese

or

grab a few superballs, go to a grocery store or department store, and throw the superballs down the aisles while shouting "go pikachu!"
I'm a Christian: I worship Chris.
Fatwalrus
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby necronos on Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:19 pm

The old classic: Put a coat hanger in the back of your shirt and act like the people telling you about it are crazy

Or you could see if you could speed 'radar' people with a hair dryer.
Current Net Worth: -10 newbucks

This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever.
- Sigmund Freud about the Irish
necronos
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby ken worley on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:42 am

^ Go to a pizza place and order a large pepperoni, onion, mushroom, blk olive, green pepper, and anchovy pizza with double-extra-cheese...hold the crust.
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley on Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:22 pm

Place ads in your local free classifieds for, say, a five-legged dog, and wait to see what type of freakos call you.

..other "products"..

some loose "lava" (lamp busted)

homemade toilet paper

one hazel glass eye

a bushel basket of miscellaneous doll shoes

The number '3' off a zenith tv remote

2 strips of Faberge' bacon

head-cleaning videotape-betamax

naked photos of your granparents

Herman Goering's frozen-off Plantar's wart

Nose-hair curler

The senate appropriations committee coloring book for children ages 3-10

A pair of women's size small gloves for a woman with 7 fingers on her left hand, 9 on her right.
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby Duke on Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:28 pm

Put a time-release charge on the power hub of the movie theater, go watch a film and when the power goes out, ask for your money back.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby ken worley on Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:11 pm

Purposely mispronounce something repeatedly, until someone finally snaps and corrects you...Make it something everyone knows, like, the tv show Seinfeld....Keep pronouncing it Steinfeld.

Or call parmesan cheese (par MEE zee-ehn)

A variation is to pick a word that everyone knows that you are mispronouncing, yet which no one else feels confident enough about the true pronunciation of to dare to correct you.

Like Quetzlcoatlpetl...pronounce it {keet' sool kwaddle' peedel}
Or Nebucchadnezzar... (NEB-you kad-NEE zer)

It will be extremely annoying....that in itself abates boredome...watching those little signs of others' increasing discomfort...the line down the center of the forehead...the hardening of the eyes at each irritating repetition....

And if someone finally breaks down and says something, you get the satisfying feeling of controlling them...
The whole process can easily kill an hour or more.
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby Duke on Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:34 pm

Improvise an epic poem.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Jean Bart on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:25 pm

Duke wrote:Improvise an epic poem.

Duke

And then mail it to Duke, so he can review it. :fsm_rock:
"Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's Flying Circus, Season 2, Episode 2)
"Je préfère le vin d'ici à l'eau de là" (Francis Blanche)
"Nu zijn er wel die mij niet mogen, of onverschillig langs mij gaan. Met liefde en met mededogen zie ik die vuile schoften aan! (Drs. P in "Jubelzang")
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens." (phrase attribuée à Arnaud Amaury, légat du Pape, à l'occasion de la prise de Béziers en 1209)
Jean Bart
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Duke on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:28 pm

Heck yeah! :fsm_rock:

I did improvise an epic poem once, during lunch. As I recall, it was about a submarine.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Jean Bart on Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:28 pm

Duke wrote:Heck yeah! :fsm_rock:

I did improvise an epic poem once, during lunch. As I recall, it was about a submarine.

Duke

That's how intellectuals have evoluted: it took the Middle Ages' poets months and years to make an epic poem... the lack of submarines, yellow ones above all, they're the best.
:fsm_yarr:
"Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's Flying Circus, Season 2, Episode 2)
"Je préfère le vin d'ici à l'eau de là" (Francis Blanche)
"Nu zijn er wel die mij niet mogen, of onverschillig langs mij gaan. Met liefde en met mededogen zie ik die vuile schoften aan! (Drs. P in "Jubelzang")
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens." (phrase attribuée à Arnaud Amaury, légat du Pape, à l'occasion de la prise de Béziers en 1209)
Jean Bart
Farfalle First Mate

Postby ken worley on Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:22 am

...wait for it...
ken worley
King of the Pervs

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes