Signalling another Pastafarian?

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Signalling another Pastafarian?

Postby Lethe Gray on Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:59 am

Greetings brothers and sisters, I found myself in a strange situation today and I need advice.

((And if there's a thread about this somewhere? I couldn't find it, my search fu is either weak, or there just isn't.))

While in my car on my way to work, I was at a busy corner going around to the freeway exit as well as a main street. The car near mine displayed a Noodly Appendage bumper sticker, so I knew immediately that the driver was one of Us.

But we were both driving, it was a busy street, and he was headed onto the freeway while I was going down the street.

What, if any, hand signal or sign could I have used (he couldn't have seen any stickers on my car, I was behind his) to indicate that we share ideals?

A 'noodly appendage hand signal'? Something that's safely and easily done with only one hand while driving?

Thank you for your thoughts, and ramen brothers and sisters.
Am I to burn in noodly hell because I am allergic to Wheat? Am I condemned to a life and afterlife without beer? Is there no cheese without the holy liquid from cows that I can substitute? *cries*
Lethe Gray
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Jean Bart on Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:27 am

Actually, the presence of a bumper sticker doesn't mean the actual driver is a Pastafarian! Any signal more complex than raising your hand could be very dangerous in traffic. Do Christians, Muslims, Buddhists or whatever have special greeting ways while driving a car? And wearing the eyepatch eliminates your seeing depth (sight depth? depth of sight?)... :fsm_yarr:
"Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's Flying Circus, Season 2, Episode 2)
"Je préfère le vin d'ici à l'eau de là" (Francis Blanche)
"Nu zijn er wel die mij niet mogen, of onverschillig langs mij gaan. Met liefde en met mededogen zie ik die vuile schoften aan! (Drs. P in "Jubelzang")
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens." (phrase attribuée à Arnaud Amaury, légat du Pape, à l'occasion de la prise de Béziers en 1209)
Jean Bart
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Lethe Gray on Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:39 pm

Arr, true, though given the condition, year and model of the car I would make the leap and say he was. :)

We need a hand signal. A simple, non-offensive one which might be recognized only as a 'hi' to some uninitated folks, but to a Pastafarian would be a more intimate greeting...

I'm thinking the 'little rascals'/'our gang' chin wave might be a start, after all noodly things dangle.... *blink*
Am I to burn in noodly hell because I am allergic to Wheat? Am I condemned to a life and afterlife without beer? Is there no cheese without the holy liquid from cows that I can substitute? *cries*
Lethe Gray
Conchigliette Convert

Postby EarthRise on Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:01 am

Lethe Gray wrote:I'm thinking the 'little rascals'/'our gang' chin wave might be a start, after all noodly things dangle.... *blink*

Why not just flash one another? To everyone on the outside, it's an offensive gesture that'll get one put in jail, but inside the fold, it's a greeting!

Of course, one must flash in such a way that exhibits noodly appendages.

If that fails, we could just dangle our hands at one another.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby brodieboy on Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:47 am

Christians can greet each other with "the kiss of peace", which i've never seen anyone do, so i think it's only right we get a hand signal as well.

Mine is a wave where you wiggle your fingers erratically to make your hand look noodly.
brodieboy
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Jean Bart on Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:30 pm

brodieboy wrote:Christians can greet each other with "the kiss of peace"

Does this "kiss" get through a car's windows? :fsm_yarr:
"Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's Flying Circus, Season 2, Episode 2)
"Je préfère le vin d'ici à l'eau de là" (Francis Blanche)
"Nu zijn er wel die mij niet mogen, of onverschillig langs mij gaan. Met liefde en met mededogen zie ik die vuile schoften aan! (Drs. P in "Jubelzang")
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens." (phrase attribuée à Arnaud Amaury, légat du Pape, à l'occasion de la prise de Béziers en 1209)
Jean Bart
Farfalle First Mate

Postby TalkingBull on Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:02 pm

Why not something like a hand pointed down with the fingers spread and wiggling?

The hand would be palm inwards, knuclkes shown (one hand would suffice) and all the fingers would be down just like He, the FSM. Wiggling... you know what I mean???

--if anyone tries this and crashes into a theist who then sues you, I am claiming no responsibility!
TalkingBull
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

pasta

Postby blackeyedbutch on Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:08 am

we could throw pasta at each other . . . nevermind that would get messy

PAID FOR BY THE COMMITEE TO HELP PROTECT THE HOMELESS FROM ZOMBIE INVASIONS
blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Fooblykong on Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:09 pm

lol, yeah.

I think the best bet is the pasta imitation.

:fsm_rock:
woot
Fooblykong
Ziti Zealot

Postby ds5000 on Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:40 pm

this is stating to feel like the fraternity of Free Masonry... maybe we can have secret handshakes, stances we can take to show others we are in the same group... common saying to greet each other in public that only we know... we can then call it our own secret society... have our own put in high positions in government, elect city officials to pull noodles for our own interests!!! it would be great... all bow to FSM!!!

RAmen!
ds5000
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Happy Heretic on Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:11 pm

ds5000 wrote:this is stating to feel like the fraternity of Free Masonry... maybe we can have secret handshakes, stances we can take to show others we are in the same group... common saying to greet each other in public that only we know... we can then call it our own secret society... have our own put in high positions in government, elect city officials to pull noodles for our own interests!!! it would be great... all bow to FSM!!!

... Yeah... Good idea. Anyway, I have many times found myself in this exact situation! I have seen another Pastafarian and, lacking a way of signalling them, have been forced to go about my buisness without showing my support. I thought about honking and waving, but they probably would have thought I was a wierdo (which I am, but that is beside the point).

Arr, tis a problem it is.
Happy Heretic
Conchigliette Convert

Return to The Cause