Fun thing to do with Google

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Capellini on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:07 pm

Duke wrote:Don't tell me what to do, you Bible-thumping Neanderthal. :D :wink:

Duke

P.S. Why do we always get into this sort of thing? Matching souls, I guess. :mrgreen:

Don't insult Neanderthals like that.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby don juan on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:24 pm

Capellini wrote:

Duke

P.S. Why do we always get into this sort of thing? Matching souls, I guess. :mrgreen:

Or maybe love ?
Partout, dans le monde, et sans aucune exception, où triomphent la dictature et le mépris des droits de l'homme, partout vous y trouvez inscrite, en caractères sanglants, la peine de mort. R. Badinter
don juan
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby goethe on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:00 pm

:shellfish:
goethe
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Duke on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:12 pm

Fun thing to do with Google: search for "aggravating political wranglers, acting like jerks", you get this thread. :D

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby MPTrooper on Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:31 pm

don juan wrote:
Capellini wrote:

Duke

Or maybe love ?

Ohhh Cap with a ZINGER! I think in order to maintain my sense of self worth I'll need to get drunk after that one.

And it's only love if Duke happens to be a hot chick. If not then it's manly hate.

Thats the good kind of hate. :)
MPTrooper

Postby Duke on Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:23 pm

Oh, it's hate. Pure, sizzling, burning, manly hate.

Yeah, the good kind. :D

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby MPTrooper on Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:27 pm

The kind of hate that goes well over hot wings and cold beer.
MPTrooper

Postby Duke on Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:36 pm

Yeah, and maybe a good steak if you're more on the hungry side.....were we we going with this?

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby MPTrooper on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:05 pm

Not where I live. You live close to Springfield MO or St Louis? Thats the only place in all of MO that I would think has a good Hot wing place.

I miss Florida...
MPTrooper

Postby Duke on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:11 pm

Nothing on this island. But at home, they've got a place in Fairfax that really knows how it's done. :D

I miss California...

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Duke on Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:26 pm

I heard about another of these fun things to do with Google: Type in "worst band in the world", check the results. :D

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Another fun thing to do with Google

Postby FloridaJudy on Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:45 pm

A friend and I both discovered this game independently: type in two of the most bizarre, unrelated words you can think of. Chances are someone, somewhere has devoted a web site to them. "Electric Lotus" got me a vegan restaurant in Los Angeles and a tattoo parlor in New Jersey. And there really is a "punk Zen" movement, as well as "Klezmer rap" bands and an acid jazz group called "Horse Noodles".

Come to think of it, one "Horse Noodles" song - "Noodles, Rolexes, and Fast Women" - could be one of the FSM's anthems.

FloridaJudy
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Duke on Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:08 pm

There's something like that called Googlewhacking, where you put two words into Google without punctuation, and if there are no results you win. I've won, but if I can't post the words here, of course.

It's a fun game, though. :mrgreen:

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:51 am

Your search - enterologist defenestrate - did not match any documents.

Yippee!

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Throwing Intestine Experts Out The Window
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby Duke on Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:00 am

Here's some of my less coveted Googlewhacks: * megafaunal nonstoichiometrics and nonstoichiometric natterjack*. :D

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes