Fun thing to do with Google

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Fun thing to do with Google

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:52 pm

Type the word 'failure' (without quotes) into the Google search engine & see what comes first in the list. Check the 'Why these results?' link above it to see how it happened.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Political Non-Bias
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:27 am

pssh, everyone knows they really have an army of pidegons browsing the internet and tagging things.

although it is interesting, I don't see it as being entirely funny or unexpected, especially with the explanation.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Goat Starer on Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:53 am

and an army of pelicans hunting them
Best regards

Goat

--------------------------

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Re: Fun thing to do with Google

Postby Duke on Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:21 am

St_JtB wrote:Type the word 'failure' (without quotes) into the Google search engine & see what comes first in the list. Check the 'Why these results?' link above it to see how it happened.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Political Non-Bias

And what an accurate result you receive! Bravo! :D

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby MPTrooper on Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:16 am

Damn Haxxors screwing up the int3rn3t. They all need to be 94\/\/n3d, 0wn3d, and chunk3d!

I'm telling you guys, Bush isn't all that bad. Say it with me now...
MPTrooper

Postby Capellini on Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:14 am

MPTrooper wrote:Damn Haxxors screwing up the int3rn3t. They all need to be 94\/\/n3d, 0wn3d, and chunk3d!

It has nothing to do with hackers. Google indexes search terms with those links chosen, and they become more popular the next time the search term comes up.

If Bush is the number one thing associated with failure, it's because that is what most of the people think.

And for once, most of the people don't know how right they are.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Duke on Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:03 pm

MPTrooper wrote:Damn Haxxors screwing up the int3rn3t. They all need to be 94\/\/n3d, 0wn3d, and chunk3d!

You'd have to be a better Haxxor than you or me, or almost anyone to pull that off, Cap's right.

Bush isn't a bad person, seems like a nice guy, but as a politician, abhorrent.

But, you know, it's a joke, strange as it may be, and it's not a bad joke, either.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby MPTrooper on Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:16 pm

And the joke flies overhead.

After a recent date, I'm positive that if you ask Joe/Jane Liberal why he/she hates Bush, more then likely it'll come back to "Cause Everyone else is doing it!"

I hate College Students
MPTrooper

Postby Duke on Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:45 am

Them's fighting words.

And if you ask the conservative about his/her views, they'll tell you "'Cause Mommy and Daddy told me to".

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby MPTrooper on Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:46 am

Honor thy Mother and Father You godless liberal ;)
MPTrooper

Postby Duke on Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:56 am

Don't tell me what to do, you Bible-thumping Neanderthal. :D :wink:

Duke

P.S. Why do we always get into this sort of thing? Matching souls, I guess. :mrgreen:

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby MPTrooper on Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:03 am

Yeah. No doubt you and I could be like best friends or something. It would be like a sit com, a dirty pot smoking revolutionary ultra left hippy and his Straight edge respectable moderately conservative cop friend.

...We could make MILLIONS!
MPTrooper

Postby Duke on Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:08 am

You're right! You could be the skinhead high-school dropout, I could be the coffee-drinking, War & Peace reading intellectual, and they'd make me live in your trailer or you live on my estate or something. And after a few murder attempts, we'd be best friends. It'd be popular, without a doubt!

Duke

P.S. Or maybe you could drag your trailer onto my estate?

P.P.S. But then you'd have to buy a car....hmm.....

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby MPTrooper on Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:26 am

I bet you and I have a whole thread dedicated to our witty word play in the mod section...
MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper on Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:27 am

Correction, MY witty word play. Yours is droll and boring.
MPTrooper

Next

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes