I call for a FSM counter-protest

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Will you join me?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 10

I call for a FSM counter-protest

Postby Tom the First on Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:58 pm

...at Wal-Mart stores across the U.S. on November 24th.

"Join us on November 24th, 2006, the busiest shopping day of the year, as we boldly proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ at more than 300 Wal-Mart locations."

See my blog post about it here:
http://tomthefirst.livejournal.com/182696.html

If we create a nationwide presence on this day, we can let other religions know that Pastafarianism is really a force to be reckoned with. What do you think, fellow Pastafarians? Will you join me?

I have not done any real work for my religion yet, and I feel it is time that I do now. Whether you have already or not, this day can make the world a better place. I hope many of you will agree.
Ramen and May His Noodly Appendage Touch You,
Tom the First
Tom the First
Conchigliette Convert

Postby MPTrooper on Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:31 am

So, a bunch of "Christians" belive Wal-Mart to be in the grips of evil cause they are willing to treat Gay people...as...people?

Huh. I really need to read these things before I vote ;)

Yeah I'll join
MPTrooper

Postby Goat Starer on Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:31 am

I voted yes but I may have to go to ASDA instead :D
Best regards

Goat

--------------------------

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:09 am

We don't have WalMart in Australia, so I haven't voted, but if anything similar happens, you can rest assured that I'll show up with all the swashbuckling friends I can muster.

BTW: follow the Hurricane Relief Effort link. You'll be glad to know that, among other things, power drinks are being distributed to the needy.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Radical Homosexual Plurals of 'Agendum'
:worship: :fsm:
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby anthrobabe on Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:11 pm

Ok I'll take time out of my shopping habit to raise hell at Wally World with you.
BTW very funny stuff in the blog there- at least I hope it is real satire and not real stuff.
Christianity in and of itself is a good thing- love and peace and all that but when it crosses into hate and descrimination well then it looses its credibility. So I won't attack Christianity or Chrisitians but I will reject a message of hate.
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Fubie on Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:17 pm

In my experience, religious groups passing out pamplets and proclaiming blah blah aren't allowed in or around walmart.
RAmen~
Fubie
Ziti Zealot

Return to The Cause