If you be in northern CA, arrr, then post here!

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Duke on Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:25 pm

Good, that's reasonably close to SF.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Khaos on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:45 pm

Another norCal pirate here.

Near Sacramento
It's only forever, not long at all.
Don't tell me truth hurts little girl,
It hurts like hell.
--Goblin King
Khaos
Ziti Zealot

Postby lililavenderlady on Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:51 am

im another northbay pirate, up in sonoma county
lililavenderlady
Conchigliette Convert

Postby KyleJoge on Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:31 pm

I'm a stupid, stupid spammer, A stupid ass and quite an idiot!! :) :):)
Oh yeah...
I'm a creep, too.
KyleJoge
Le Bánnínátêdeaux

I used to live near Sacramento

Postby Kiefer on Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:32 am

I used to live in Sacramento - where most of my family is now. But now I live in Freakin' Utah :cry: c'est la vi
Kiefer : Overwhelmed by life's Mystery and Beauty: "Dear God! Perfect [Pasta] once again!!"

"You know the problem with the world today is fundementalism: Jewish, Muslim, Christian. If could stop fundementalism the rest of us would get along swimmingly."
Kiefer
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Bambi on Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:48 pm

I live in Shasta County near Redding, and our mayor just made the following speech.

Help me pastaz!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Redding Record Searchlight (CA)

September 8, 2006

COMMUNITY
Officials voice religious views
Speakers at 9/11 service say prayer wins spiritual war
Tim Hearden

Record Searchlight
Local elected officials and a pastor Thursday used a commemoration of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks to wage spiritual warfare against those who would attack America.
In a ceremony on the Shasta County Courthouse steps titled "One Nation Under God," Redding Mayor Ken Murray said Christians and Muslim radicals are engaged in "a war to the spiritual death of one of us."

Murray said Shiite Muslims believe it's acceptable to lie, cheat, steal and kill as long as it ultimately glorifies Allah.

"Folks, they're not like us," the mayor said. "They're not like us at all, and for them, their war has been going on for 1,200 years."

The Rev. Jim Wilson, whose ministry, PrayNorthstate, co-sponsored the event, characterized the conflict as "a war about idolatry -- whether or not we are sold out to the living God or sold out to some substitute for him."

Speakers said spiritual battles can be won through prayer. Wilson credited the prayer of north state residents for declines in traffic fatalities and cancer-related hospital admissions, as well as for the announced closure of the Family Planning Inc. of Shasta County reproductive health clinic in Redding.

The clinic is closing "because the spiritual climate here is more life-giving than life-taking as it used to be," Wilson said.

The agency's director, John Truitt, has cited rising costs as the reason the clinic is closing this month.

The comments came during an hourlong, noontime event co-sponsored by the county Sheriff's Department, the Shasta County Jail Chaplaincy, the Marshal's Office, PrayNorthstate, the Good News Rescue Mission and Sysco Foods.

Appearing along with Murray and Wilson were District Attorney Jerry Benito and Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko, the keynote speaker. Assemblyman Doug LaMalfa, R-Richvale, was emcee.

The ceremony has been held each year to promote prayer as a way of alleviating fear and anger over the attacks. Last year's theme of love and hope included comments from Supervisor Linda Hartman, who noted that during Hurricane Katrina, "People from all walks of life and all corners of the country are stepping up to help those in need."

But this year, spiritual battles were a recurring focus. Benito praised those who fought back against the terrorists on one of the hijacked planes on Sept. 11, 2001, and said America is a nation of survivors through faith in God.

"As long as I have faith in God and submit to his will, all that happens ... will be for the best," Benito said. Victory can even come in death. "Jesus saw to that," he said.

Murray said after the program the notion of officials expressing their religious beliefs on the courthouse steps is "a free speech issue."

"I do not ... see it as government sponsoring of religion," Murray said. "The truth of the matter is if Arnold Schwarzenegger wanted to come up and set up on the courthouse steps and have a campaign rally, there isn't any law that says he can't do it. Or Billy Graham. It's not sponsoring."

As for his comments about Islam, Murray said he draws a distinction between "mainstream" practitioners of the religion and Shiites, whom he said were "wing nuts."

"Since the Crusades, there's been a spiritual battle for the hearts and minds of people," he said. "I think it's a historical reality, and the rubber's meeting the road again. Either the Judeo-Christian philosophy will survive or the Islamic philosophy will survive."

Murray said he would like to see future commemorations be more inclusive in terms of speakers.
-------------------------------------------
The secret of happiness involves ducks and ukuleles.
Bambi

Postby Bambi on Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:17 pm

Hey, what good ideas, Auntie!!

Thanks!!

Hugs,

Bambi
Bambi

I'm leaving Cali

Postby Bambi on Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:23 pm

I'm outta here. I'm going back to Portland, OR.

My native state has become a fustercluck!!

Bambi
Bambi

Postby Duke on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:44 pm

Well, I'm in Northern California most of the time, but let's just say I left my heart in San Francisco..... :mrgreen:

I'm there about 2/3 of the time, I'd say.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby SC-Pastafarian on Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:23 am

<---Santa Cruz - Pastafarian.
:fsm_float:
SC-Pastafarian
Bucatini Buccanneer

Location: Holding an empty mug to the mouth of a beer volcano.

Postby kimjongsick on Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:44 am

I'm originally from Livermore but I'm a temporary expat to Albania. I saw somebody in here from Dublin. Rock on, maybe we can have hangouts while I'm back home this winter.

Baby's good to me, you know
She's happy as can be, you know, she said so
I'm in love with her and I feel fine
kimjongsick
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Location: Make a left, then hang a right, and you can't miss it.

Postby Duke on Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:50 am

Sounds like a good idea. I'll be in Northern Cali for a good chunk of winter, too. :)

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Gatherings in Santa Cruz

Postby PastaServer134 on Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:47 pm

Hi All,

I am in the woods north of Santa Cruz, but am looking forward to spending Holloween in town. Anyone want to suggest a meeting place?
Pastafarianism: Faith you can twirl on a fork.
May the caloric content of your Pasta not exceed the nutritional value to your filet of soul.
PastaServer134
Ziti Zealot

Postby Duke on Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:20 pm

A Halloween meeting would be great!

(If only I weren't in Hawaii... :cry: )

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby hetzle on Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:43 am

One hour south from SFO here.
You're just jealous of my grammatically impeccable syntax.

^_^
hetzle
Ziti Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to FSM Gatherings