Fighting school sponsored christmas tree

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Fighting school sponsored christmas tree

Postby Avatar on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:49 am

Hello fellow believers, my university is bringing back the Christmas tree this year, and it is school, and thus state, sponsored. I was hoping to present a similar style open letter or exhortation to our school board as used in the Kansas School Board situation demanding equal representation of our Pastafarian faith. Perhaps in the form of a giant bowl of spaghetti, I am not sure what. Any thoughts? I don't want to over step my bounds and create a new doctrine if it is against the wishes of the community, but imput would be appreciated. Viva la pastafarian revolucion! Also does anyone know of a way to contact our great founder and get his opinion?
Conchigliette Convert

Postby NeferKa on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:02 am

The holiday tree is used in more than just Christian decorations. I'd say make strings of macaroni noodles and hang them on the tree.
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby PsiPro on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:19 am

I say you create a rendition of the beer volcano, or the stripper factory. Think of the converts you will get.
PsiPro
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Duke on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:19 am

The Christmas tree alone, in my opinion, is not enough to warrant a protest: it has many meanings and purposes, and it's not too religious.

A letter would be fun anyway, just for kicks. NeferKa's got a great idea: Holy Ornaments!

Remember on the Venganza home page a while back? There were instructions on how to make a Flying Spaghetti Monster Idol out of that fuzzy wire stuff? You might want to try that.

Here's a good page, too:

http://www.venganza.org/spread-the-word/holiday-trees/

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Avatar on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:26 am

All very good ideas, and may you all be touched by His noodly appendage for the kindness. The rub for me has been that they are absolutely adamant about this being called a Christmas tree. It was the holiday tree last year, and I have absolutely no issue with that, but at the protest and petitioning of the conservative religious elements on campus they changed it specifically to Christmas tree to appease them. For me this seems to fail the Lemon test, and seems to be indicative of a state school (Auburn University) sponsoring a religion. Maybe I should tone it down, but I feel pretty passionately about the issue. A letter for fun might still at least be in order. And a stripper factory would be pretty sweet too.
Conchigliette Convert

Postby NeferKa on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:52 am

Call it a holiday tree yourself. Otherwise, call it a pirate tree, or whatever the Pastafarian name of the tree is. I like the idea of erecting a beer volcano! Make sure all the religions are represented!
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby anthrobabe on Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:29 am

I don't have problem -personally- with a tree, call it a holiday tree a Christmas tree whatever- but I do have a problem with my daughters High School having a local church come to campus and having a nightly living Nativity Scene--- we have an old log farmhouse and sort of a historical period display called farmstead at the high school and it is decorated for the holidays- which is all good, nice and old fashioned and the PTA has two or three open house nights where we can all go visit the farmstead and have hot cocoa and apple cider and the school choir sings both secular and traditional Christmas carols--- but then they let a local church come in on those nights and set up and perform a living Nativity Scene right there on PUBLIC SCHOOL PROPERTY(sorry gotta calm down) and that is not cool or ok at all- in fact I think it might be illegal. I can't wait until they start recreating the crucifiction of Christ there too...
Maybe I should contact my local ACLU person.

I like the idea of including all religions and those who aren't religious at all-- a beer volcano sounds good 365 days a year!

I found some little swords(they are kind of cute) at a local dollar store and am going to start a Pirate tree theme around my house
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Return to The Cause