The Last Post Thread, 2.0

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Duke on Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:40 pm

Did you miss the sub-clause of the by-law that stated quite clearly that "Ninjas shall do, take, and have what they will, especially where the Last Post is concerned"?

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Not a Yaller Beard on Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:41 pm

Grumpy old men don't need no stinkin' treaty. I've oft gotten the Last Post from Ninja and Old Broken Down Paramedics with ease, like just now.
Not a Yaller Beard
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Capellini on Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:50 pm

Let's not start a war between the pros and cons of a Last Post. There's plenty of room for everyone.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Warlord of Elephants on Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:54 pm

Ah but the amendment added in 1993 at the Ninja,Old Paramedics,Short Order Cooks and Mop Handle Manufactures Conclave clarified the clause to read: "Where as the Last Post is of utmost importance and it's value is therefore incalculable it shall be stored in the shoe box full of second grade pictures and placed on the self of a closet owned by a Ms. Svenson in Norway. This action abrogated and made null any agreements prior to the conclave (other than the ones made in 1987) and disagreement is to be settled by mediation AND 'trial by fire'. The council of Kiwi Growers of New Zeeland and the International Potato Institute of Lima Peru shall hold three rotating chairs on the committee, the Bureau of semi aquatic water fowl of Sudan and the organization of ambidextrous albinos of Nebraska shall hold the remaining more conventional non rotating chairs." So I hope you see that I now have Last Post. Sin. WoE.
"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit; it's the only way to be sure."

I devoured my 'good' twin in utero

"Doctor Evil! I didn't spend six years in evil medical school to be called "Mister," thank you very much."
Warlord of Elephants
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Duke on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:03 pm

Now, that would be completely correct, if it was not for the Last Post Freedom Act (LPFA), which gives Last Post Rights to only people who "are or are not assassins". I fall under at least one of these categories, hence, it is within my powers to Take The Last Post.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Finrod on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:14 pm

<--Pulls up in non-descript sedan.

As I mentioned earlier I'm with the government. There's nothing to see hear, no treaties or implied agreements have been broken. (Listens to earpiece.)

For reasons of national security...I must secure the Last Post.
"The avalanche has begun, the pebbles do not get a vote." Ambassador Kosh of the Vorlon Empire

"The universe is made up of three elements, matter, energy, and enlightened self interest."
Finrod
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Warlord of Elephants on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:21 pm

*A dark dank stone room somewhere in South East Asia* The Horror. The Horror..... They took the last post, but it was not the last post they took that took them; it was rather the last post that took what they took when they took the last post; that I took......... Sin WoE. *some where in south east Asia slowly going mad*

"Doctor Evil! I didn't spend six years in evil medical school to be called "Mister," thank you very much."
Warlord of Elephants
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Finrod on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:23 pm

Francis Ford Copula/Joseph Conrad references will not save you. I cannot be disuaded from my mission to take and keep the Last Post.
"The avalanche has begun, the pebbles do not get a vote." Ambassador Kosh of the Vorlon Empire

"The universe is made up of three elements, matter, energy, and enlightened self interest."
Finrod
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Warlord of Elephants on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:41 pm

What's he that wishes so?
My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin;
If we are mark'd to die, we are enow
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
God's will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet The Last Post,
I am the most offending soul alive.

Sin WoE.

Warlord of Elephants
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Finrod on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:57 pm

"The gentleman does not needlessly and unnecessarily remind an offender of a wrong he may have committed against him. He can not only forgive; he can forget; and he strives for that nobleness of self and mildness of character which imparts sufficient strength to take the last post and be put the past."

Finrod
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Not a Yaller Beard on Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:36 pm

Grumpy Old Men don't need dueling modified quotes to get the Last Post either. See?
Not a Yaller Beard
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby anthrobabe on Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:27 pm

we are up to 4 pages already

I see where this is going so I must stop it now

Last Post
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Rebellious Waffle on Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:01 pm

If not a Last Post thread, I think we need a central nexus thread that fulfills the same purpose that the Last Post once did.

Since the Last Post closed, the number of posts in the Misc. Discussion forum has dropped by something like a half, aye? It's vital to keep such a thread open to maintain the flow of interesting things going on.
The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you, and in fact, cannot speak.
In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.
Rebellious Waffle
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:55 pm

I agree entirely. And while I'm at it, I think I'll take the

Last Post
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby Warlord of Elephants on Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:17 am

To the Last Post I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my Last Post at thee. Sin WoE.

Warlord of Elephants
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion