Why Chickens Have Feathers

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Why Chickens Have Feathers

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:23 pm

English homework where we must write a myth answering a question, involving gods. either greek, some other patheon or religion, or made up. everyone wrote down a question, and then they were passed out, so we had to answer the question in our myth.

my question was "why do chickens have feathers?"

I, of course, elected the FSM.

NOTE: this takes place Shortly after DaveL's Book of Midgets/Midgits.

Shortly after the Flying Spaghetti Monster had cleared up the disputes between the Midgets and the Midgits, he became bored of making fun of them again. The jokes were too stale, and the Midgetiods had become very skilled at deflecting and rebounding any insults or jokes made about or to them. So the FSM went to another part of the world and decided to create a new race.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster molded them out of the Midgitlings favourite fast food, Chicken Nuggets, and so they were very meaty beings. He gave them a birdlike posture, and short, boney legs. He made them the most ridiculous looking creatures alive, not for their posture or legs, but for their skin. They were admitably birds, yet they had no feathers. Even the way they walked and ate was hilarious, bobbing their heads everywhere. The real kicker was that they were given the most noble and dignified personalities. In honour of their fast-food origins, the Flying Spaghetti Monster called them ‘Chickens’.

The Chickens were very pious and solemn beings. They built great temples to the Flying Spaghetti Monster (don’t ask me how), and prayed many times a week. The Flying Spaghetti Monster found this to be excessively needless, disproportionately extreme, plethoric, undue, and quite honestly, overkill. The Chickens did it anyway, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not one to tell people what to do, so he rolled with it.

As with the Midgets, the Flying Spaghetti Monster created another race to help make fun of him. Also, as with the Midgits, the Flying Spaghetti Monster made these beings in a similar style, but with hair. The Flying Spaghetti monster created beings of black and white, majestic and sleek feathers. He gave them extreme tolerance to harshly cold climates, and cool attitudes. He called these creations Penguins.

When the Penguins spoke, it was not like the Chickens speech. The Chickens spoke with quite, monotone, serious voices, getting to the point. The Penguins talked in a much more interesting way, and this pleased the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Now, the Penguins were ones to complain, but they found it rather unfair that they were birds, but couldn’t fly.

“Hey Jolly man, Mr. Flyin' Spaghetti Monster. We's real glad ya' created us and gave us life and all, but we plum dink it’s not dat fair dat we kin't fly. Slap mah fro! ah' mean. 'S coo', bro... We gots win's... we gots beaks.. we's obviously birds, and yet we kin't fly! Ah' mean, whut's down wid dat? Some kind'a some sick joke? But ah' digress. All we ax' fo' be dat we could fly, likes oda' birds.â€￾ The Penguins did ask the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

“Well actually, it is a sick joke… but I will comply with your request. Try swimmingâ€￾ The Flying Spaghetti Monster did respond.

And the Penguins did swim, and they were very good at it. They had been granted flight, but only underwater. Now, the Penguins made fun of the Chickens on most possible occasions, primarily about their lack of hair. For the most part the Chickens ignored the insults though.

One day, out of the blue, the Chickens simply sent a representative to the Penguins, who said “we are tired of your endless insults and mockery. We are leaving this land to somewhere more hospitable and tolerant.â€￾, and then left with the rest of his kin.

The Penguins were discombobulated by this. They had never meant any harm. Since the Chickens had never mentioned anything, the Penguins assumed that it was all good natured and in fun, none of the insults being actually meant as mean. The Penguins never had a chance to work out what had happened with the Chickens, as the Chickens had left immediately and quite quickly.

But after a few years of still wondering about the Chickens, one Penguin decided to have the guts to go seek out the Chickens. This Penguins name was Bob. Bob traveled far and wide, but eventually he found the Land of the Chickens. At first the Chickens were apprehensive, but not hostile towards Bob, for they knew he had come a long way, and he had come alone. He simply walked into the main Chicken temple, knelt down (as much as a Penguin could), and prayed to the Flying Spaghetti Monster for a few moments. Then he sought out the leader of the Chickens.

“What is it you want from us now, Penguin?â€￾ the Chickens leader said.
“Come to ridicule us more in your Jive language?â€￾ for it is true that Jive is the original language of the Penguins.

“Afraid not, good chap.â€￾ Bob spoke in a generic British accent, “I was simply wondering why you had left so suddenly those years back.â€￾

“Why? Why should we have stayed and taken the abuse?â€￾ the Chickens leader exclaimed. “You insulted and mocked us to no end, and you expected us to stay there and take it?â€￾

“I do believe there has been a misunderstanding here, chap.â€￾ Bob said. “You see, since you had never expressed any displeasure towards the light-hearted insults and loving mockery, we thought you had no problems with it. Then you leave without forewarning, and we’re left, honestly, in the dust.â€￾

“But what you were saying could be considered, or at least identified as possibly offensive. It never occurred to you that we might not appreciate the slander?â€￾ the Chickens leader asked.

“It never occurred to you that your appearance might be really damn hilarious? Especially without any feathers.â€￾ Bob asked.

“Why, oh WHY???â€￾ the Leader of the Chickens looked to the sky, “Mighty Flying Spaghetti Monster; please, end our misery! Give us feathers, and stop the anguish!!!â€￾

The Flying Spaghetti Monster did fulfill the Chickens wish, although perhaps not in the exact fashion he was expecting. The Flying Spaghetti Monster gave the Chickens feathers, but confined them to land, never to fly again. Furthermore, the Flying Spaghetti Monster decreased their intelligence, and made them eternal cowards, running from all predators.

“Pity…â€￾ Bob looked around a bit. “I don’t suppose anyone has any scones?â€￾

whatcha'll think?

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby iPad on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:18 am

That was good. Very well written and the dialogue has style. :wink:
iPad
Ziti Zealot

Postby exanglo on Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:04 am

If you get anything less than an A, it's a travesty. ;)

Though I don't think it's quite what the teacher will be expecting... have you enlightened her/him about the FSM? :fsm_rock:
Hail Him and His Noodly Apendage, for He created all, beginning with a mountain, a tree, and a midgit.

Why are pirates pirates?
Because they Arr!
:pirate_fish::pirate_fish::pirate_fish:
exanglo
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:53 am

actually this is the one teacher of mine whose read all of the open letter, and actually looked into it a bit.

perhaps when the dust settles, I'll convince her to join....
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Aeger on Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:11 pm

Oh indeed, do so, we need more educators to teach our presence
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Hippie on Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:05 pm

I thought the book said that penguins were the rejects of heavan?
-------------------------------->
Hippie
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:37 pm

well I don't adhere to that part of the Gospel. in fact, I don't adhere to a lot of it. This was actually written before I had read the book anyway.

~Qwerty

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby hexhunter on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:43 am

I adhere to page 56, damn superglue
hexhunter
Ziti Zealot

Return to Scripture and Lore