non-FSM techno

Songs of the FSM. Praise, Adoration and Pirate Sea Chanteys. Express your musical and/or poetic talent.

Moderator: All Things Mods

non-FSM techno

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:07 pm

I got the program Fruity Loops Stuido 6 a while ago, and I've finally made a decent song thats not too long! specifically, short enough to be hosted on Newgrounds.com

anyone care to review, either there or here? also, even if you don't have an account, if you vote five, I'll greately appreciate it.

there'll be more to come, so I'll update this when there are new songs... can't give time-frames though. too lazy to have deadlines.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Keth_Andril on Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:05 am

Hey, I got a fix for your FL6 too. Next time you're on AIM I'll send it to ya

I listened to the song too. It is much better than the version that you sent me. I liekd how you used the "drumz" sound. It sounded good. The only suggestions I have is to work on the balance between instruments. Some parts were nearly impossible to hear over the "drumz".

You've actually picked up on FL faster than anyone I know. :o
Keth_Andril
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:39 pm

heh, thanks. I'll probably revisit the file and edit some things... theres one intrument that originally came in after some silence, and it was really confusing, I tried fixing it, but it still seems a little off... and I'll work on the balance.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:43 am

wait, it seriously is? I don't remember any kind of 'centering beat' or anything when I got scanned...

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:05 pm

BUMP

and I got a new song up... only 15 seconds though. and hardly a song

http://newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id ... &sub=59657

as soon as I get my FL program working again i'll upload a second, then work on more songs.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:10 pm

wow... I'm channeling your brother.

no wonder I've used certain more texan words lately. like ya'll and tarnation and the like.

I think the description is apropriate, no? looney toons on crack-cocaine!

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby FireFox on Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:02 am

the bit about 3:30 mins into the longer one is just great, the 'string' loop is nice, very nice. that is being added to my drill mix.

what copy right is on that?

S
FireFox
Stele Second Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:10 am

I'm not sure on the exact copyrights, but its kind of public, because anyone can download or use it in their flash movies, but I'm always to be the credited author, so as long as you don't say you made it I'm fine with whatever you use it for.

mostly 'cause if it gets downloaded enough it becomes a Gold Track, then Platinum, Double Platinum, then Diamond.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby FireFox on Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:18 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:I'm not sure on the exact copyrights, but its kind of public, because anyone can download or use it in their flash movies, but I'm always to be the credited author, so as long as you don't say you made it I'm fine with whatever you use it for.

so basically the creative commons idea:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

mainly me and others share interesting tracks between ourselves, and it would be nice to have a legal track for once

thanks
S
FireFox
Stele Second Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:09 am

no problem. you make fame by giving away (good) free stuff, then you start charging for new stuff.

basically what Lemon Demon's doing.

except I don't have any of their talent.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Return to Hymns and Songs