The Al Dente Code

Found a stunning new portrayal of His Noodly Majesty? New art, adapted art, links to do-it-yourself art? Realistic, conceptual, whatever? Post it here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

The Al Dente Code

Postby MrAndrews on Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:26 pm

Just the first draft of a picture/poster I did. Before doing this, I had no idea how hard it was to draw noodles... especially supernatural ones. I need to work on my artistic skills, apparently.

I'll probably update this image over the next few weeks, but it felt polished enough to share. Any good?
The Al Dente Code
http://tadc.blogspot.com
MrAndrews
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:19 pm

nice "robert langdon" (perhaps linguinie parody is in order?)

whats the text in the background?

and what I think are the meatballs behind the noodles look kind of like sunflowers... and I think the noodles look fine.

not that it detracts from the image at all, but whats with the fire/tear thing?
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby MrAndrews on Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:59 pm

The text in the background is partly code, partly nonsense. The first part is a Latin translation of a recipe for spaghetti and meatballs. There's some Welsh in there, and it ends up with a Latin translation of my brief recap of Pastafarianism. The highlighted words make an anagram that, when decoded, is actually a big plot point in the Al Dente Code story I'm writing. I figured putting an actual code into a picture with the word "CODE" in it was too good to pass up.

I have to work on my meatball drawings for sure. They're faded out so much partly because I can't draw them very well (heh).

And the fire... that's because I didn't draw legs for those characters and needed some way to cover it up. :D

I'm not very good at drawing, but if one works hard enough at anything, good things happen. Or at least things that don't induce strokes.
The Al Dente Code
http://tadc.blogspot.com
MrAndrews
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:20 pm

if you drew those two then you are NOT a bad artist. I could never attempt that, unless I was tracing :D

and the fire hiding the nonexistance of legs worked well.

I still think it should be Robert Langduinie or something...
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Return to Art and Artistic Adaptations