Random Thoughts on random things....

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:57 pm

I have paintings of goats (which I painted myself) on my living room walls. I just painted them because I thought they were charming animals. A Wiccan friend of mine visited and said "Oh, those'll keep the mormons from the door."

I only wish it was true!

(No offense to the mormons, but their visits are rather pesky. I'm sure that even they know that.)
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:03 am

you know what Cake says... Sheep go to heaven, Goats go to hell.

which seemed humourously random at first, but now that I think about it, it makes some symbolic sense. sheep = flock of christian (or juedo-christian type religion) followers, goat = satan/pagan.

rest of the lyrics here...I think there could be more symbolism in it, but I'm not sure.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:14 am

I just want to play on my pan-pipes
I just want to drink me some wine
As soon as you're born you start dying
So you might as well have a good time

I likes that bit.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:23 am

thought you would... pan-pipes is kind of a goat reference, pan being half goat, right? and pan-pipes and wine make me think of pan and bacchus.... pagan gods of partying, basically. and then the last line isn't something a devout christian would probably say...
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby deadgenome on Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:20 pm

Do you still have to swear allegance to America in school in the mornings, or is that just in the films? In our schools we have to say the lord's prayer every morning (at least in primary school I had to) so I often think that America has culturally replaced religion with the state... is this a fair analysis, or am I talking BS?
-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-
+ don't get hung up on symbols +

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
deadgenome
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:03 pm

we still pledge allegance. as far as my school goes (or went, not entirely sure on HS), they show a picture of a flag on the TV during the morning announcements and have the people there say it, and then everyone else goes along, but if you don't want to say the pledge, you can sit quitely. interestingly enough, the first two teachers I didn't say the pledge with didn't care, but the last one I had for first period asked my why, but I have legitimate reasons.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby deadgenome on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:43 pm

They are considering legislation in the UK to let 16 year olds and over opt out of christian assembly without their parents say so. I just used to say stupid words to all the prayers and songs...

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
deadgenome
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:23 pm

I'd never let that kind of thing stand. I'd make an issue out of it, because its not my religion.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby deadgenome on Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:44 pm

Oh we did, a few of us started a 'bad news group' (the 'good news group' being the official school church group) and did some fake sacrifices for a while. The thing is that in the area in Scotland I was in was all Protestant/Catholic, Rangers/Celtic nonsense and our school was Protestant/Rangers with the assumption that if you weren't Protestant then therefore you had to be Catholic. Being an agnostic surrealist did me no favours in many respects, being english just about finished me off. I had my jaw broke a couple of times from having my head kicked in. It was really the sort of school where you just keep your head down and hope you don't get stabbed by a junkie for looking at them funny. But with god. :mrgreen:

deadgenome
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:46 pm

well, by 'making it an issue' I meant writing a clear, concise, and polite letter to the princible, headmaster, or whoever was in charge.

not, um... getting my head kicked in.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby deadgenome on Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:55 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:well, by 'making it an issue' I meant writing a clear, concise, and polite letter to the princible, headmaster, or whoever was in charge.

If anyone thought you'd done that, you'd definitely get your head kicked in. Writing polite letters to members of staff isn't the done thing you know.
You could headbutt them tho, I saw a 13 year old girl break our vice-principles nose by jumping up and headbutting him in the face, she only got suspended for a week.

deadgenome
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Griffin on Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:05 pm

The English all used to stand up and sing God Save the Queen at the end of plays in theatres (and in cinemas). We must have been good singers and sung it enough times as no one does anymore and she is still with us.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby deadgenome on Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:09 pm

I think she's a robot mannequin.

deadgenome
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Griffin on Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:16 pm

No, I met her once, had to "entertain" her. She definitely wasn't.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby deadgenome on Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:24 pm

with fangs

Griffin wrote:No, I met her once, had to "entertain" her.
a royal gigolo in your youth, eh?

deadgenome
Bucatini Buccanneer

PreviousNext

Return to The Cause