Random Thoughts on random things....

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby haxmasta on Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:10 pm

I feel sad. Jehova's Witnesses never visit my house, so I never get to pull funny pranks :(

I think it's because of my stairs, I think they're lazy.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby deadgenome on Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:47 pm

I've had some mormons round. I scare them tho and they leave.
-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-
+ don't get hung up on symbols +

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
deadgenome
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby reesymae on Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:48 pm

My brother used to hang a pentacle in his window to keep our local mormons away from his door.
reesymae
Ziti Zealot

Postby deadgenome on Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:56 pm

People keep thinking I'm a satanist cos I wear a pentacle. I actually wear it for the natural logarithm / sacred geometry idea, but that confuses a lot of people. The ankh and little skull made of bone that I've added to it over the years confuses them even more, so these days I usually just go along with their concept that I worship some dark lordiness as it can get quite funny.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
deadgenome
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby reesymae on Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:01 pm

I used to wear an ankh myself, just a couple years ago. Then I had a Christian come up to me and ask me about it, must've mentioned Jesus, because I said, "This is as close to a cross as I'm ever gonna get." He then tells me it's because I don't know Jesus. I stopped wearing the ankh not long after that.

I think it was because my older son broke the ankh right off of the necklace I had made for it, had nothing to do with the guy.
reesymae
Ziti Zealot

Postby deadgenome on Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:19 pm

I was thinking about getting every religious symbol I can find and adding them to it, just to cover my bases...

deadgenome
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby haxmasta on Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:31 pm

lol, like that guy from the mummy? That was a funny scene, he kept throwing up religious symbols around his neck, he showed the mummy a cross, a muslism star thingy, and then he showed him a star of david, and he was saved. Go figure.

Maybe you could do the same thing, like a swiss army knife of religious symbols, or even a little lcd screen with a button push to change the picture, hmm, this could be interesting...
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby reesymae on Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:35 pm

Just how many religious symbols are there out there? I mean, unless you just go with the more popular religions, that could be quite a few....
reesymae
Ziti Zealot

Postby deadgenome on Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:45 pm

It could end up as a huge unwieldy array of puissant symbology that inadvertantly summons minor demons whenever I move around.

deadgenome
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby haxmasta on Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:46 pm

I dunno, in the Gospel there was a formula that included a few symbols, I'll find a site of religious symbols, I'll post it in a sec.
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:06 pm

a hindu symbol for good luck is a mirror image of a nazi swastika.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby deadgenome on Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:23 pm

Sort of, the Nazi swastica is the hindu good luck and purification symbol in it's tantric (magical) form. The difference is that it is diplayed at an angle, whereas the swastica is displayed square for normal religious ceremonies.
Remember that the Nazis used the swastica on flags where the symbol would reverse depending from which side you look.

deadgenome
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:07 pm

I think coke used the swastika for good luck on some product before WWII... and U.S. School Kiddies used to salut the flag just like nazi's. I find this hilarious. not that we did it the same as nazi, but that everyone was like, "omgomgomgomg we gotta stop acting like nazis!"

:roll:
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Simi on Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:14 pm

Both are variations of the so-called 'Roman Salute'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellamy_salute
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler_salute
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_salute

(Links are provided, overly large pictures have been deleted by staff.)
Simi
Red Carded

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:23 pm

go american childlings! GO!

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Next

Return to The Cause