Diablo II LOD

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:22 am

w00t, except 3 out of 4 computers in my house (including mine) are off being cleaned, and I don't know exactly when they'll be back, so I can't play... should be getting it back in 3 or 4 days, max.

so LLR is doing an all-over pally? I think I'll do a magic-summon... I sometimes get were-skills, but I hardly ever ues them, unless I do a "be all the werewolf you can be" character.

bowazon would be good, long range, then melle, then magic/combat user. maybe have poincare sorc?
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby LibraLabRat on Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:56 am

Anyone have a good NO-CD crack?
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Poincare's Stepchild on Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:33 pm

LibraLabRat wrote:Anyone have a good NO-CD crack?

Nope. I though you might get a cheap used disk on Amazon, but the prices aren't all that tempting. At least when I checked.
Reading is Knowledge
Knowledge is Power
Power Corrupts
Corruption is a Crime
Crime doesn't Pay

So...If you read, you will go broke.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm:

TTFN
Poincare's Stepchild
Lord of Linguini

Postby Aeger on Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:36 pm

Perhaps I am horribly wrong (yes, I most likely am) but I was under the impression that the key code was different for every CD.
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:40 pm

thats why he was asking for a Crack. personally I'd just go out and buy the game again. it might be slightly hard to find, I don't know if Best Buy still has copies... but it can't cost more than 20-30 dollars.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby LibraLabRat on Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:17 pm

My brother told me that there are applications you can download so you can play the game without having to use the disk, which would come in handy with my laptop. Thats all.
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Bob the Unbeliever on Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:21 pm

I saw some keys for sale on E-bay.

Amazon lists used D2 for $12, but then you'd need to purchase LOD, too, which looks like another $15 .... *sigh*

Personally, I use daemon tools, and a virtual cd image on my hard drive. I still have the original cd's around here somewhere ... I keep software keys in my secure database on my iPaq computer, so as not to loose them. <heh>

As for the no-cd stuff, I'm very wairy of such things harboring spybots and worse .. :x
Bob the Unbeliever
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Taphoo on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:52 am

Ahh, the memories...
I played with a group on-line for a couple of years (actually, we still do. we've just moved on to Guild Wars). Our biggest adventure was going through the game in Hard Core mode - server side characters who are gone permanetly on their 1st death... We met every Friday night.
My son was quite young at this time, and I'd let him play a bit (with other characters). He could spend a lot of time chasing chickens around in the first camp. He wouldn't leave the camp, as the monsters outside were too scary. (I mentioned he was quite young, right?)
So one Friday night I have my 80th level Hard Core Necromancer up and ready to go a little early. The gang was meeting in the desert city. I went outside to take a look at the evening sky, and take in the fresh air. My son sees the game up, and runs through the city, chasing chickens... except he's never seen this city, and runs right out the gate into a huge ambush (if you've played through here, you know where I mean). I hear a (real) scream from inside the house, and before I can make it back to the computer, my Necro is Dead. Not a pretty sight.... :cry:

Taphoo
Taphoo
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:45 am

that sucks. of course, as far as he knew, it was fine to play on the computer anytime. unless you told him not to play it unless you said he could... stilll...

the irony of the situation though. a necromancer is possesed by a what, 5, 6 year old?

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby kiwimac on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:04 pm

I liked Diablo 1 & 2 and enjoyed LOD but I am currently going through a Morrowind period.

Kiwimac
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes."
~ Gene Roddenberry ~
kiwimac
Conchigliette Convert

Postby LibraLabRat on Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:19 pm

I have discovered another odd problem. I can copy files from my laptop to my thumb drive, and carry them over to my desk top, and viola, my character is there.

When I try to go back the other way, the files arent recognized.

Also, my laptop seems to do other weird things, such as not allowing me to use my Horadric cube on runes, and gives me lesser values for gems and such.

Any ideas?
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:06 pm

no can help, but I do have my computer and DII LOD back, so i'm ready to play.

except I'm leaving for a week of vacation tommorow. sometime time after we'll have to play.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Poincare's Stepchild on Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:24 am

LibraLabRat wrote:I have discovered another odd problem. I can copy files from my laptop to my thumb drive, and carry them over to my desk top, and viola, my character is there.

When I try to go back the other way, the files arent recognized.

Also, my laptop seems to do other weird things, such as not allowing me to use my Horadric cube on runes, and gives me lesser values for gems and such.

Any ideas?

Make sure your desk machine and your laptop have the same version of the game. If the desktop has a later version, that would explain what is happening.

Edit: Qwerty...If you and LLR get a game going, let me know. Since LLR is going to provide the guncher, I will go with a sorceress. If you do a nercomancer, I will go with fire...if you do a druid, I will go with cold.
Reading is Knowledge
Knowledge is Power
Power Corrupts
Corruption is a Crime
Crime doesn't Pay

So...If you read, you will go broke.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm:

TTFN
Poincare's Stepchild
Lord of Linguini

Postby LibraLabRat on Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:45 am

I think I will uninstall and reinstall the game. I also think part of the problem may be that my laptop is not online and cannot download the patch.

I dont know how much time I will have to play in the near future, because I am substitute teaching, and getting ready to start clearing (turning in a bunch of stuff and getting lots of paperwork done) Right now I am building a psycho Tesladin.....
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:19 am

I'll most likely want to do a druid, but I could be talked into a nercomancer.

druids have cold though... they have their fire, and then blast of ice, wind sheild, two conceituive wirlwind moves, then hurricane. I don't really use the whirlwind moves, but blast of ice is nice early on and wind sheild is good when I use it, and I'm always using hurricane if I can.

although then the alternative is lightning, which is crap in my opinion.

I have aura covered, so if LLR can play and goes pally, he wont' really have to bother with that. our characters would end up just battling for auras... unless we want to go with pallys great aura diversity and I won't spend time on the aura summons.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes