FSM internet Band forming now!

Songs of the FSM. Praise, Adoration and Pirate Sea Chanteys. Express your musical and/or poetic talent.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Reject on Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:32 pm

I can sing in a gritty voice if we need it. some of these songs though the medieocore(sp?) players including me will need to practice a lot.

Another song i thought would be fun to do is Mr. Jones by Counting Crows.
The people shouldn't be afraid of the government. The government should be afraid of the people.- V for Vendetta

"Remember, remember the fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and plot. There is not a reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot" -V for Vendetta
Reject
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:15 pm

we gotta do 'All The Lonely People' by the Beatles. and Yellow Submarine. maybe a few others.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Keth_Andril on Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:26 pm

NO!
No Yellow Submarine!

But Eleanor Rigby (aka All the lonely people) is good
and maybe A Day in the Life, also by the beatles
Keth_Andril
Ziti Zealot

Postby Reject on Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:48 pm

How about the song that defined Metallica. Master of Puppets.
The people shouldn't be afraid of the government. The government should be afraid of the people.- V for Vendetta

"Remember, remember the fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and plot. There is not a reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot" -V for Vendetta
Reject

Postby Keth_Andril on Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:23 pm

Popcorn
I think its by the M and H Band

And Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple
Keth_Andril
Ziti Zealot

Postby Reject on Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:47 pm

anyone heard of The Sword? they have some good songs we could do.

Reject

Postby Keth_Andril on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:15 am

so, are we actually going to do something or are we just going to talk about what we're going to do?
Keth_Andril
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:21 am

well, I think we're waiting for NerferKa to talk with her husband, as we still aren't sure how to assemble all these parts. so far it seems like we'll pick a song, learn the parts, then for recording, have drums record their part with other precussion, then more parts as we go on, so the beat is the same, and everything should work together. trouble is I'm not sure how we'd assemble all the parts.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Keth_Andril on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:27 am

I can do it through Fruity Loops as long as everything's converted into .mp3 or .wav format
Keth_Andril
Ziti Zealot

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:06 am

Keth_Andril wrote:Our House in the Middle of the Street - Talking Heads

Isn't that song called "Burning Down Our House in the Middle of the Street", or am I talking Madness?

I'd toss another vote in on Comfort Eagle.

I'll have to dig out my potential covers list sometime (mostly stuff that would be best recovered in a different style), but how about "Guns of Brixton" by The Clash?

Something by the Beatles would probably be a good starting point (agreed on Yellow Submarine though - no Ringo songs). Once we have a good cover or ten down, the next step is to start changing lyrics to some FSM related parodies.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Keth_Andril on Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:07 am

Dr. Otis Lansa wrote:
Isn't that song called "Burning Down Our House in the Middle of the Street", or am I talking Madness?

You're talking madness otis
There is another song by the talking heads called burning down the house, though
Keth_Andril
Ziti Zealot

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:55 am

I'm definitely talking Madness:
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/madness/ou ... 86770.html

I'm a Talking Heads fan.
:mrgreen:
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby GlowInTheDarkBlonde on Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:27 pm

I don't have much musical talent - I play a bit of piano, I used to play flute pretty well but haven't done it in a while, and I'm an ok singer, but probably not bandworthy. However, I would love to help you rewrite songs, if you need someone to do that. If not, that's ok too.
whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door....
---------------------------------------------------
Due to the length of my name, you may now refer to me as "blondie". It'll save you typing time.
GlowInTheDarkBlonde

Postby theroachyjay on Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:16 pm

I would be intrested in joining as a singer! I can't really play any musical instruments but I've got the melodic voice of a cockroach! Check out my music Myspace to hear my voice: http://myspace.com/theroachyjaymp3 and please consider me!

May His Appendages smile down upon you!
The Roachy Jay

The Cure for Bordem is Just a Click Away --
http://www.theroachyjay.tk/
theroachyjay

Postby Reject on Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:49 pm

We have to do Iron Man. That song ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fsm_rock:

Reject

PreviousNext

Return to Hymns and Songs