Arrr, tell me I'm not crazy

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Arrr, tell me I'm not crazy

Postby haxmasta on Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:36 am

I've got this problem, I was touched by the FSM, and now I believe in Him. Since I've been touched, I've gone through quite the transformation. I've been searching out different kinds of pasta, noticing His noodly ways in all our lives, and more recently, I've been told by family members that I talk like a pirate in my sleep.

I'm not joking about that last part, I used to sleep-walk, and then about 13-14 I started to sleep-talk instead. But now I've been sleep-talking like a pirate. My sister was up one night when she heard me mumbling in my room, she walked in and started talking to me and supposedly I told her "I'm the best pirate that has ever sailed the seven seas, and you best be telling me where the grog is". I don't know what this means, but I think my subconscious has accepted the pirate in me :fsm_yarr: .

She thinks I'm wasting my time and money on something that's just a "phase". :(

I don't want this to be a phase in my life, I really want this to stay with me cause I like you guys, I like what FSMism is, I think it really is a good religion, even if it is made-up.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby DaveL on Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:18 am

Yarrr! Aunty Blackbeard over here. We've got a real live one. :D

Nice to 'ere it Matey. You'll fit in well 'ere then. Keep up the good werke. It's all for a good cause. Let us know when you need some advice with yer parrot selection...YArrr...
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby haxmasta on Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:36 am

Good, I was quite honestly feeling a tad left out where I live, alot of my good friends have all left with their families or they've gone off to college already, so I don't have much to turn to.

Arrr, but fussin' over a little problem tis not the pirating way! No! I shall plunder the next port I spot.

I'm thinkin' a mackaw might do the trick, but I fear fer me ear, those mackaws seem to like the taste of my ears.
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

ears

Postby black bart on Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:28 am

Sorry...but that was 'ears' ye said then...tis hard to hear ye what with the sound o 'Take the Lot' blarin out from me cabin boys cupboard! We don't want no 'double entendeurs here...I once had a parrot what liked to nibble my...
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:50 pm

I think registering on the forums is what makes it a life-long phase. I'll be posting here as long as I have computer+internet and the site is up. therefore FSM will always be part of my life.

and them poirates be rockin' as well.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby deadgenome on Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:47 pm

Don't worry, I have consulted all 15 of the invisible dragonflies that live in my navel and we all agree that your as sane as the next man.

Unfortunately for you, the next man is me. BAhhh.
-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-
+ don't get hung up on symbols +

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
deadgenome
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby haxmasta on Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:11 pm

Lol, thanks for the support, at least I know there are as many crazies as me.

:twisted:
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby OZ_Nick on Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:26 pm

deadgenome wrote:Don't worry, I have consulted all 15 of the invisible dragonflies that live in my navel and we all agree that your as sane as the next man.

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

So your the one wot stole me invisible navel-drangonflies?

Give em back ye blaggard!
----

Ye may knowe mee better as Cap'n Bluenose
OZ_Nick
Stele Second Mate

Postby deadgenome on Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:03 pm

no, it's all a terrible misunderstanding. I cloned them in my kitchen, using nothing but ordinary household chemicals and then put them back exactly where they were before.

Unfortunately, in the intervening period, you had moved over 7 feet and 5.3 inches south and your dragonflies, when returned, were all confused and are even now still trying desperately to find you.

If you would be so good as to move northward again by the same amount as you previously moved south, you should find your dragonfly charges buzzing around in a tight loop. They may be a little tired and in need of warm milk and biscuits, but should be in good spirits and none the worse for wear.
-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-
+ don't get hung up on symbols +

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
deadgenome
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Griffin on Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:27 pm

There seems to be a problem with that. It's now known that pigeons navigate by smell. This probably proves dragonflies do too. You are going to need to adjust your smells back to what they were.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Pidgeons

Postby black bart on Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:03 am

YYYAAARRRR...I hopes Big Ron hasn't got any Pidgeons! :?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Aye

Postby black bart on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:28 pm

Aye Aye to that captain!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby haxmasta on Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:08 pm

Yeah, that's what I liked the most about FSMism, no dues, no investigations, no holy wars, and certainly the nicest group of people out of any religion that I've ever met (that includes Buddhists and Jainists, yes I have met them both).

When I started reading the Gospel, my family thought I was crazy and that I was just doing it for laughs. I thought so too, but after I read more into what it was more about, I saw that it was actually a pretty okay way to look at life. I converted at probably the worst time though, because I'm still in my home town and we have some big right-wingists (not saying anything bad, but they don't like new ideas) and alot of hard-core christians that WILL talk down upon me for saying I believe in something different than they do.

I'm starting to see what was wrong with my past religion (roman catholicism). Like the money, there is so much money that's generated in my town, but even though the parishioners can see the budget that the church was allocated, the priest kept asking for more and more money. Even worse, every sunday it was some kind of contest to see who had more faith, who could pray better, who sinned the least, and who was dressed better.

I never liked going to church, always made me feel like my life didn't matter in the long run cause I was just going to hell somehow. At least that's what everyone said, that their god forgives sins, but if you don't confess you'll go to hell. Did you know if you even touch yourself in an inappropriate manner it's a sin? What the hell are we supposed to do if they tell us we can't have sex until marriage?! Or if you don't devote your entire sunday to their god that you're sinning? Or if you don't give up money to help the church, that's a sin too! Everything has a sin, and if you sin once, you have to confess it. What if you forget one? What if while you're in the middle of confessing a meteor hits earth and you die, does that mean you go to hell anyways? You burn in a festering pit of flame and torture, never escaping for eternity, you know, cause you just didn't get that last second confession in.

That's why I liked the FSMism, it's not such a "you do bad, I punish you" deal, you can just willy nilly just run around doing whatever you want, but if you become a pirate and choose to understand and acknowledge the FSM as the creator that he is, then you're helping to reduce global warming and can enjoy your life not living in fear of a holy war or a plague brought down upon us.

AND WE DON'T HAVE TO PAY NO %&*#$*&# DUES! The FSM knew we could take care of it ourselves and has set up everything accordingly.
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby DaveL on Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:38 pm

YArrrrr...

All belief systems serve a purpose matey - so there is no harm in discovering what you feel comfortable and happy with. Whether that belief system suits you or not, can often only be reached through your own personal discovery. While we don't bash other religions here, we do express that our religion is by far 'the coolest'.

Sounds like you've grown out of something old and entered into something way cooler...well done!!

The FSM is a big part of all of our lives so welcome!
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby haxmasta on Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:14 pm

Thanks Dave, and I'm not bashing Roman Catholicism as a whole, because I know there are peaceful, non-judgmental, faithful people of RC, but in my area the people who claim to be"catholics" are not even following the RC teachings, they don't even follow any rules that they say they do, but I only know of 4 people that really do.

Actually, those 4 are dear friends of my family and I see them as grandparents (since all of mine died). I've already talked to them about FSMism and they said almost the same thing you said Dave, they said as long as is it's something that I feel comfortable with that's all that matters. They also asked if it's peaceful, and were happy to know that all I'll be doing is dressing up like a pirate every-so-often. :mrgreen:
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Next

Return to Pirate Discussion