I am looking for stories for children from all religions

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

I am looking for stories for children from all religions

Postby Alan_Bell on Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:20 pm

Hi Pastafarians,

I am the Chief Story Teller for A Story For Bedtime which is a new site for parents and other carers of pre-school children. The site is an interactive repository of MP3 files of audio recordings of real people reading stories to their kids. One section of the site is for published books, and I have been working with several publishers to get permission to host recordings of their books, but another major section I want to build up is a repository of religious stories, this would include stories from all real and established religions, and the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster certainly qualifies for inclusion in any such list.

So if you know of any noodly stories which may have been passed down through the generations, first heard on your grannies knee etc, then please whip out your microphone and get on over to A Story For Bedtime to submit them to the world. All submissions will be treated with the reverence and respect they deserve. If you don't want to do the whole audio thing then please feel free to submit text too, perhaps someone else would then bring the story to life with an audio reading of it.

Alan Bell
Chief Story Teller
A Story For Bedtime
Alan_Bell
Conchigliette Convert

Postby NeferKa on Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:47 pm

I bet someone could do an adaptation of "Strega Nona."
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby SpisBoy on Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:50 pm

Maybe some adapted passage from the Holy Noodle from Bobby's Gospel...

EDIT: Well, that wouldn't really be perfect for a children's story.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Arrrgh!" -Piraticus 13:7

http://home.earthlink.net/~meximiliano/
SpisBoy
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Duke on Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:14 pm

We have plenty of stories, but I wouldn't call them children's stories, quite.

But there might be something here suitable.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

perhaps someone creative could do the feeding of the 5*10^3

Postby Alan_Bell on Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:21 am

that old tale of how the grass was turned into pasta and the soil into meatballs to feed the people. It needs to be in a fairly modern readable style, no thees thoes and "lo, the FSM appeared unto"s.
Alan_Bell
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Sarah on Fri May 19, 2006 4:04 pm

There's a good children's book titled <i>Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs</i> by Judi and Ron Barrett.
"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti."
~ Sophia Loren
Sarah
Conchigliette Convert

danke shun

Postby calamarine on Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:42 am

:worship: 1st of all, thanks for :worship:
:worship: recognizing pastaf- :worship:
:worship: arianism as a relig- :worship:
:worship: ion (even though i :worship:
:worship: don't rlly worship it :worship:
:worship: ). secondly, since :worship:
:worship: our idea of heaven :worship:
:worship: includes a beer vo- :worship:
:worship: lcano and a stripp- :worship:
:worship: er factory, most of :worship:
:worship: our stories won't :worship:
:worship: fit your description. :worship:
blindly oppressing middle-eastern countries through needless violence since '86
calamarine
Conchigliette Convert

Postby dabeast on Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:07 pm

Many years ago the people of the small country of italy that suspciously looked like the boot of the first midget were starving. Their people had been forced to live off of dirt and the remains of what appeared to once be the tallest oak tree in all the land before being cut down with a mackrel and burnt to ashes. But one day the great prophit Brian Mozeralis traveled to the top of the tallest mountain in all the land to search for food. There he found a plate covered in what appeared to be meat sauce, in his hunger he imediatly licked the plate clean. Once he finished he sat satisfied under the shade of a nearby tree, but then he started to weep for he had forgotten in his hunger to save some food for his 18 children and wife. As he sat under the tree weeping a large stringy being appeared in front of him. He shouted out in astounishment at what must be a demon coming to punish him for his misdeed but instead it was the great Noodly one himself who touched brian with his noodly apendage and granted unto him 500 packs of various variates of instant Ramen noodles. The noodly one then disapered and Brian ran back to his village to share the wonderful new gift from heaven with all the people in the land. Although the backers of the land tried they could not perfect a duplication of the perfect ramen though have been trying ever since...

How's that for a childrens story?
dabeast
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Return to Scripture and Lore