FSM internet Band forming now!

Songs of the FSM. Praise, Adoration and Pirate Sea Chanteys. Express your musical and/or poetic talent.

Moderator: All Things Mods

FSM internet Band forming now!

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:01 pm

a thread called guitar in misc. things sparked the idea to have an FSM band. naturally live jams would be hard at this point, but we've been floating about ideas for how we could compile the parts and make an actual song!

so this is the official thread.

please post here if you play an instrument and would like to join this FSM internet band. we'll probably start off doing covers just to get the hang of it, then move on to original things, or doing musical versions of the hymns and ballads in this very forum.

I personally play piano, and can probably get an electronic one.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:03 pm

I have a bass. I have little time. I'm not very good.

But I'm in!
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Reject on Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:15 pm

Count me in since it was my topic that sparked the idea. I play electric guitar. Im ok. not the greatest.
The people shouldn't be afraid of the government. The government should be afraid of the people.- V for Vendetta

"Remember, remember the fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and plot. There is not a reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot" -V for Vendetta
Reject
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:20 pm

Whoopee! Semi-talented hacks!

So it'll be a punk band then? :fsm_rock:

Influences (mentioned this earlier) in general:

Classic Rock
Grunge/Alternative
Classic and 90's Revival Punk (NONE of that emo junk, please!)

After that, everything else you can think of. And Johnny Cash. Props to the Man in Black.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Alpaca on Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:32 pm

I've been doing piano for 11 years.

Chord charts or otherwise, I take anything you throw at me. (NO, NOT THAT. Don't even try.)

Count me in!
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Reject on Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:57 pm

Why punk? cant we rock it the metal way?
The people shouldn't be afraid of the government. The government should be afraid of the people.- V for Vendetta

"Remember, remember the fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and plot. There is not a reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot" -V for Vendetta
Reject

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:07 am

punk/metal/classic rock.

how about just anything and maybe some things that aren't under the name 'rock'? no need to get picky.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:46 am

I was referring to the general lack of talent, but metal falls under there too, I think. :wink:

Maybe we could learn a little Choking Victim, though.

You guys listen to any Zeppelin?
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

drumming for FSM

Postby NeferKa on Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:56 am

As long as only those of us with mediocre talent are playing: sign me up for percussion! Whoopee! (The most I get to play now is for my belly dance troupe in rehearsals. Not only do I have to teach a handful of women how to dance, I have to teach them to clap in tempo/hit a drum, which is actually harder!)

Let's do some Irish punk! I have a Celtic drum, spoons, and a few other instruments that are vital to the Irish punk song. (Punk songs are great in general because they're very short!)
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Reject on Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:13 pm

Who doesnt listen to Zepplin? i have misty mountain hop tabed out in a guitar world magizine.

Reject

Postby anthrobabe on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:12 pm

I have no musical talent- in the 6th grade play I had to play the
Finger Symbols
the heck with all inclusiveness in absolutely every elementary school class anyway- I felt like a moron.

So I could be the soundcheck person
you know

Test
Test
Testing 1,2,3
(blowing in to mic sounds here)
(tapping on mic sound here)

LOUD FEEDBACk WHINE
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Re: drumming for FSM

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:21 pm

NeferKa wrote:Let's do some Irish punk! I have a Celtic drum, spoons, and a few other instruments that are vital to the Irish punk song. (Punk songs are great in general because they're very short!)

Lots of Celtic music (specifically Eastern Canadian stuff) is somewhat piratey, and speeding it up a little helps cover any general sloppiness... Should be some Dropkick Murphies stuff that'd work, and I know a Real McKenzies (CDN Scottish Punk) song or two that's bang on the money.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:36 pm

what about the Cheiftans? I like "I'll Tell Me Ma"... not really punk though.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Reject on Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:28 pm

How bout Rise Against?

Reject

Postby haxmasta on Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:06 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I personally like Green Day, probably one of my favorite bands.

I can't play any instruments per se, but I have been a roadie (sp?) for some big bands in southern california, one of my latest was Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, they actually formed during the time of sublime and bands like them at the time, but were put on the back burner cause of how the fanbase was reached, ie advertisement.

Anyhow, I know how to set up the stereo system and stage set-up, perhaps even some lighting effects. :fsm_rock:
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Next

Return to Hymns and Songs