Anyone in Virginia

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby kat on Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:22 am

we tried to flag down an FSMer in VA. They drove away like we were nuts.
Do not do in public that which you do not which commented upon by the public.
kat
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:25 pm

I'd like to know more details on that.

I love Stephen Hunter in the Post, but Desson Thompson was the one that panned the latest POC.

Weekends are good for movie-going. Cheap matinees are best. What's a good theater to see it in?
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:31 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactually I just came back from seeing POTCII. sorreeeeee.

I'll still see it again. it's quite good, especially for a sequal.

any particular weekends or days good for anyone?
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby kat on Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:53 pm

well, I once had to pull out my notice of copyright to prove to a local pagan I was the author of my book....rofl.
Do not do in public that which you do not which commented upon by the public.
kat
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:07 pm

the person i converted, posted five times, then left is going to start posting again. so hopefully she'll be able to come along with the next outing.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

The Next Outing

Postby LinguadiSuocera on Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:43 pm

which I hope will be a full regalia excursion to the new "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie; bring the pirates back; end global warming!javascript:emoticon(':pirate_fish:')
Converted by Qwerty!
LinguadiSuocera
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:51 pm

are you typing the javascript:emoticon thing? you should be able to just click on the image :pirate_fish: , and it will show
Code: Select all
:pirate_fish:
, then when you post it, it comes up as :pirate_fish:

I would say it might be your computer, but we've got people with macs here and they don't have this problem.... if what I've said dosent help, PM alpaca or post in the Forum Issues section.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

the pirate fish

Postby LinguadiSuocera on Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:52 pm

I did the Mac thing, which was to drag the emoticon over to the dialogue box. Thanks for clueing me in :worship:
Converted by Qwerty!
LinguadiSuocera
Ziti Zealot

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:18 pm

Qwerty and I plan to take part in a rally this coming Saturday against the Marshall/Newman Marriage Amendment (the one that wants to change the Constitutional wording to read "one man and one woman" instead of "two people", as it reads now.)

I see this as an attempt at religious oppression by the churches that do not allow for homosexuality. Why don't they just ban it in their own churches and leave the rest of us out of it?

Anyway, I'll let Qwerty give you the details, since he's the one who suggested that we go.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:07 pm

I've posted it as an announcement. this is important enough that I think anyone who is willing and has the time could come from out of state, or south-of-state.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby LinguadiSuocera on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:56 pm

I'd be interested in joining you for the rally on Saturday; just saw the movie on Saturday last (after previewing with the first POTC); enjoyed it very much. Although it's got some serious issues plot-wise, it is nonetheless a movie with some terrific PIRATES! and Keira Knightley being so NOT in need of rescue, indeed taking care of business on her own, thank you very much (I just love that about her). Let me know what the plan for the rally is, when it starts to come together.
Converted by Qwerty!
LinguadiSuocera
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:31 pm

oh NOW you appear. meh, its alright.

I suggest we meet in a seperate place, then either in the same car or in a caravan of cars, we go to BRUU so we're together. its supposed to be big.

even though I've alreadys een the movie, a full pirate regalia outing to the movie would be fun.

any ideas on where we could meet before going to BRUU?

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby LinguadiSuocera on Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:39 pm

avast, me hearty! what be this BRUU of which you speak? and don't give me crap about insufficient postings -- I am a busy and important person, and all the e-mails from FSM I just found in my Junk folder, where my busy and important computer had put them. So there! (visualize me sticking my tongue out at you, you insignificant son of a hamster!)
Converted by Qwerty!
LinguadiSuocera
Ziti Zealot

Postby LinguadiSuocera on Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:40 pm

oh and BTW good picture
Converted by Qwerty!
LinguadiSuocera
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:22 pm

sticking your tongue out at me and instuling me (even if pythonly) then complemetning my picture?

check the top announcement in the gatherings (this) forum. it's the flyer.

and it turns out I have to go to sycamore island at 2am, because its an auction item from the church. I'll have to leave at 1ish... so my parents thought we could do some kind of brunch at 10 or 11-ish at the Cracker Barrel near Bull Run, then go to the rally maybe early, and then you guys just carry on without me when I have to leave.

how does that sound?

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

PreviousNext

Return to FSM Gatherings