What are you EATING right now?

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

What are you EATING right now?

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:14 pm

Or cooking, or just ate, as may apply. :wink:

Currently trying out a new brand of No MSG, Non-Fried instant noodles, Vegetarian Curry flavor. Will report with the results if they're good.

As usual, I've chucked some veggies in (Chinese lettuce) to healthy and tasty it up a bit.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Grey on Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:10 pm

Vingar and salt chips. Think about making some Ramen (ha) or something later, if we have any.
The revolution has abandoned you. You're on your own now.

The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt not get caught.

fueledbycoffee wrote:America has a long and hallowed tradition of irrational tax evasion and belligerence. We are the national equivalent of the Nac Mac Feegle. And we're the leaders of the free world. Damn, now I've scared myself shitless.
Grey
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:16 pm

Noodles were good (KOKA brand if anyone is interested, I'm going to track down some more flavours), and the bit of durian I ate afterwards was too!

Then my SO walked in with a 20 lb chunk deer leg slung on her shoulder... mmm. Gonna do some lasagna with it, I think.

*durian burp*
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

purple

Postby NeferKa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:39 pm

I worked over night last night, and now I'm at my other job (it's 3:30 PM), so I'm eating my breakfast: Wild Berry Skittles and Berries and Cream Dr. Pepper. (The purple used on both products matches!)
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:41 pm

How's that Dr. Pepper? Haven't seen it in stores yet here....
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:29 pm

eugh, I can't stand Dr. Pepper. too fruity.

I just had a foot long, ham and double american cheese on italian white bread sub sammich from subway, with a large coca-cola and a bag of fritos.

mmmm.....
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

cream soda with attitude!

Postby NeferKa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:43 pm

I love the new Dr. Pepper. To me, it tastes like cream soda with attitude!

(Qwerty, you must be stuffed now! I can only manage to eat 10" of the foot long sub in a sitting, which is kind of sad.)
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:46 pm

what are you talking about? during shakespeare camp, I had that same meal EVERY DAY for lunch (except it was barqs, not coke).

have ye no metabolism?

I'm still hungrey, mind you...
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby NeferKa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:59 pm

I have a very high metabolism, but I'm just not a huge fan of sandwiches. I usually get meatball subs though, but I usually can't eat the last meatball. I think I just get sick of eating it by the time I get that far and would rather eat some cookies. :)
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:04 pm

I often have the cookies/chips at halftime, after I've eaten on 6 inch half.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:09 pm

Bleah... whatever weird flavoring chemical Subway adds to their bread has just about reached the barf point with me. Y'know that Subway SmellTM? I KNOW y'all know the McDick's Grease Smell.

About the only fast food chain I can eat at consistently is Wendy's, precisely because they DON'T have a noticeable Brand Name Taste, and the food's usually half-arsed fresh.

OK, back to topic, I'ma gonna round up some green tea.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Bob the Unbeliever on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:31 pm

Drinking 1/3 gatoraid 2/3 water mix (pure gatoraid is too sweet/rich for me).

Munching on trail mix - from Wally World's brand (Sam's Choice) Mountain Trail variety. Has cashews, raisons, peanuts, m&m's and other unidentifiable bits. Pretty tasty, but too salty most times.

But, I just finished up wreaking 4 A/C units for the copper to salvage - HOT and HUMID. Even in the shade, am sweating so much that I MUST take a drink to spit ... :roll: (let alone take a p----)

So, the salty snaks and the dilute gatoraid are really hitting the spot. (Not to mention the 3 20-oz cups of not-so-cold plain water ...)

And I STILL don't have to p----- :roll:
Bob the Unbeliever
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Cricket on Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:34 pm

"What are you eating right now?"

Ice. Because I'm too damn tired to fix anything more complex. I'd be in bed if I had the strength to climb the stairs... :cry:

Yep, that's about how much sympathy I've been getting around here, too... :)
Empusa's crew, so naked-new they may not face the fire,
But weep that they bin too small to sin to the height of their desire,
(Kipling)
Cricket
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Shooting Star on Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:53 am

Not eating anything, too late, just drinking some merlot on an empty stomach, feeling a tad groggy.
"If you resist reading what you disagree with, how will you ever acquire deeper insights into what you believe? The things most worth reading are precisely those that challenge our convictions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
Shooting Star
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:24 am

not eating anything NOW... but from the contents of the desk... I'd surmise I had three Popeyes chicken legs and three biscuits for dinner, along with some sprite.

but, theres also the iliad, the odessy, some gogles, a bunch of apper, a sock, a dry erase pen, a calculator, and a yearbook on my desk... so who knows what I've been eating.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Next

Return to Food