Harry Potter

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Swatopluk on Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:16 am

As far as I got it from the papers, it will be at least two positive main characters that will not survive, nothing said about bystanders or the evil ones.
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk
Chef Shaman of Hauro Pasta

Postby diego on Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:02 pm

All I heard was two major characters, but then it was the local news I heard it on, and they are not good when it come to out of state stories.
diego
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Shooting Star on Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:28 pm

diego wrote:
Book 7 of the septology is now scheduled to be released 07/07/07.

Has that been confirmed by Scolastic and/or Bloomsbury? As I've been hearing that rumer since Book 6 came out.

I read that on mugglenet and the kid that runs the site, Emerson Spartz, usually has accurate info. But no, I don't think that it has been confirmed by Scholastic.

I also watched that interview with Jo from the UK and she said that two major characters will die, but did not specify evil vs. good. She said that one character that she originally killed off has now been given a reprieve. As Grey pointed out earlier, she also said during this interview that these major characters have to die because she does not want someone down the road to write sequels.
"If you resist reading what you disagree with, how will you ever acquire deeper insights into what you believe? The things most worth reading are precisely those that challenge our convictions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
Shooting Star
Farfalle First Mate

Postby anon1mat0 on Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:05 am

___
|....|
|....O <--- Harry
|....+
|..../\
|_____
|_____|

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
(I hope it's understandable, I had to use dots)
Nicolás

From Isaac Asimov's Foundation series
anon1mat0
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Swatopluk on Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:19 am

Harries also die?
Took a moment.
I do expect a major killing off not just because of sequel prevention.
While I expect that evil will not triumph in the end here, the defeat will be costly or it will run against anything built up in the saga.
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk
Chef Shaman of Hauro Pasta

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:23 pm

honestly, I HOPE she kills harry. I don't see why the hero almost always has to live! kill him off for once, please!!! and not his friend, him. or HELL, how bout evil wins? whats so bad about that?
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:33 pm

potter parodies?

Potter Puppet Pals

Potter Puppet Pals 2

....bother!
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Shooting Star on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:46 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:honestly, I HOPE she kills harry. I don't see why the hero almost always has to live! kill him off for once, please!!! and not his friend, him. or HELL, how bout evil wins? whats so bad about that?

Evil wins all the time Qwerty. Live long enough and you'll find that it is true more often than naught. I like to see happy endings, there are so few of those in real life.
"If you resist reading what you disagree with, how will you ever acquire deeper insights into what you believe? The things most worth reading are precisely those that challenge our convictions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
Shooting Star
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Aeger on Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:22 am

ok, we all know RAB is Serious' brother, and that Snape ois a good guy

I mean, c'mon
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:50 am

Shooting Star wrote:
Qwertyuiopasd wrote:honestly, I HOPE she kills harry. I don't see why the hero almost always has to live! kill him off for once, please!!! and not his friend, him. or HELL, how bout evil wins? whats so bad about that?

Evil wins all the time Qwerty. Live long enough and you'll find that it is true more often than naught. I like to see happy endings, there are so few of those in real life.

in real life, I know evil wins more often than not. but i'm talking in a book/movie sense.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby anon1mat0 on Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:42 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:potter parodies?

This is perhaps the best parody of the PoA Movie. And you can read it in 15 minutes. :o
Nicolás

anon1mat0
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:14 pm

okay.... that stuff is great. still reading it though....

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Grey on Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:10 pm

DRACO (writing):

Mr. Harry Potter
Draco Potter
Draco Malfoy-Potter
Mr. and Mr. Malfoy-Potter

DRACO/HARRY SHIPPERS: YAY!
© 2004 Cleolinda Jones. All rights reserved. cleolinda.livejournal.com

Very true, that. Those ones are rabid.
Great stuff.
The revolution has abandoned you. You're on your own now.

The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt not get caught.

fueledbycoffee wrote:America has a long and hallowed tradition of irrational tax evasion and belligerence. We are the national equivalent of the Nac Mac Feegle. And we're the leaders of the free world. Damn, now I've scared myself shitless.
Grey
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:11 pm

question, what are the DRACO/HARRY SHIPPERS? or two ther characters 'shippers'? I would look it up, except it's probably slang for fans who want those to characters together, like in slasher fic.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby anon1mat0 on Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:39 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:What are the DRACO/HARRY SHIPPERS?

Ron/Hermione Shippers = Fans that want to see Ron and Hermione together (do I need to say more? :wink: )

Movies in Fifteen Minutes Book wrote:Harry Potter and the [s]Philosopher's Sorcerer's[/s] Philosopher's Stone (2001)

McGONAGALL: But he's so helpless! And adorable! With his little lightning-shaped scar...! [Batting lashes] You know, we could always take the baby and set up that love nest we've always talked about...
DUMBLEDORE: Hagrid? Put the baby on the doorstep!

© 2005 Cleolinda Jones. All rights reserved. cleolinda.livejournal.com

She wrote a book with parodies, you can get it from Amazon UK. For some reason she hasn't been able to print it in the US :?
Nicolás

anon1mat0
Gramigna Grand Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors