the book of Fearsome Pirate Pete

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Cerberus on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:10 pm

Hey qwerty love the story so far. Bits are a tad hard to follow as they are large tracts of text, if you want to email me what you have written i can experiment with different layouts to make it easier to read. Email it to me at zankokunatenshi@gmail.com
Religious war at its very simplest is killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend.

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Cerberus
Now 3.1415926% Recycled Opinions

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:58 pm

should i end it? i mean, I'd like to have ninjas and australia and mexican banditos, but i feel like what I'm trying to write now isnt good. let me know what you think.

The feast they had in the galley was one to remember. Hector had cooked up the greatest variety and best Pasta Pete had ever eaten! There was even enough for the entire crew. Pete did make an announcement, simply saying Ushnor was to be first mate, and Hector to be second. “actually, sir-a. I would-a like-a to just-a be-a the chef-a if-a ye don’t mind-aâ€￾ Hector asked Pete. “arr. Ah suppose Thart’ll be fer thar best. But ah Shall be needin’ a second mate, y’know, jarst in case.â€￾ And thus did pete recite the holy incantation: Ennie, menny, minny, moe, cartch a tiger by thar toe… if’n ‘e hollers, let ‘I'm go. Ennie, menny, minny, moe. “you thar! Ya you! with thar necklace.â€￾ Pete called out. “It's called blin' blin' fooâ€￾ he called out. “yar, whatever. Ye’ll be me new second mate, get thar self up’n here!â€￾ his name was smid. and then they ate. And it was good.
That next morning, a shout came from the crow’s nest. “Land Ho!â€￾ a loud murmer arose from the ship. All the pirates had been tired of regular sea ho’s, and they were ready for some action. “quiet ya' foo'sâ€￾ “ya maroon’s! he be meaning ‘e can see thar panama! Dinna ye eva take geography?â€￾ “yeah. Right On! dun didn't ya' eva' snatch geography. Right On!â€￾ Smid said, “uh... whuts geo'graphy?â€￾ “your face if ye don’t shut up.â€￾ Ushnor said, motioning at his hammer. “oh, right, so'ry man, ah' plum gots some little carried away. Slap mah fro!â€￾ another yell came from the crow’s nest “There’s a small ship running the white flag! What’d we do, cap’n?â€￾ “let ‘em come close. Ah’ll talk wart em.â€￾
It was a very small ship, built only for two, and one had a message. “telegram from Mr. Frightening Pirate Paul. “get to Australia now stop.â€￾ “arrgh.â€￾ Pete said, and with that, he steered into the panama canal, and the messenger went back to land. “who’s Frightening Pirate Paul?â€￾ Ushnor asked. “he be me third cousin, lives in thar Australia. Got a in a little bad company, but ah assumernd ‘e was clean now. Ah aint so sure now.â€￾
Suddenly, they heard a loud “bangâ€￾ from the north end of the canal, and a few Mexicans came rushing toward the boat. They crashed into Pete, Ushnor, Hector, and two other pirates, and sent them flying to the southern end of the canal. “WHAT THE BLOODY HELL WAS THAT FOR?â€￾ Pete shouted at the ship. “¡usted puede tener su carribean, pero, los bandidos mejicanos del canal, gobernaremos los mares un día!â€￾ “arr, any o’ ye speak spanish?â€￾ Pete asked the two pirates, they shook their heads. “blast, lerts get to thar beach, an’ follow thar ship.â€￾
Pete n co. find banditos cove. turns out something like some mystery pirate/criminal got there first, left FPP's ship. one mexican left, wimpy tho. then they go to australia, and stuff happens

i seriously amd thinking about ending it at the end of the last post. i dunno. also, the mexican bandito wouldn't be a first or second or third mate, he might later, but for now he just runs around taking orders and saying "AIEAIEAYE! CAPTIAN!"

someone please tell me how to type that. i dont think aieaieaie is right.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Ushnor on Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:30 pm

I think you should keep going. You just need one more to have Boyardee turn evil threw Adkins, banish Adkins for 1000 years (when he well come back as a doctor) and have an epic battle with some ninjas with the help of Pete’s brother.
Ushnor
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Cerberus on Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:40 pm

Every good writer in the world started as a bad writer who learned how to edit.
Or became dan brown.

I think the story is great so far Qwerty and am interested to see where you are going to take it. Don't stop writing now!!! Take auntees suggestion as well, write down the story and then edit it later, that way you can look at how you've written it, and the flow of the story from a different perspective.

Good work though and keep it up.
Religious war at its very simplest is killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend.

Cerberus

Postby Solipsy on Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:11 am

Not only does every writer self-edit, every good writer then has an editor; or editors wouldn't have jobs. Stream-of-conciousness-style writing is a great place to start, and Qwerty, no one could argue that your mind does not generate good ideas, in quantity, quality, and originality.

Shaping those ideas comes with experience and help. Help is the hardest thing to get; NOT because people refuse to offer it ad naseum, but because WE ALL initially resist advice since it sounds like criticism. Criticism of writing is not criticism of a person. It's hard to separate the two. (Take that from me, a mostly-ex-ego-maniac who couldn't stand the least little bit of spell-checking.)

You'll get lots of great advice and encouragement on the boards, and you're surrounded by lots of people who can give it. (Auntie Dee Dee for one.) You obviously want to be a writer. How do I know? Because you're doing it. Don't stop. Here's a piece of advice my favorite college professor gave me, and at the time it sounded like the stupidest thing I'd ever heard: Writers write. (Even cowards like me, sitting on thousands of pages of unpublished screed. It's a calling.)
This space for rent,
Solipsy

"The Go-To Scribe for all Texts Canonical"
Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby Cerberus on Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:53 am

Well said Solipsy. Thats some of the best advice you could get Qwerty. Solipsy knows what she's saying. If you ever need to run ideas past people, Dee Dee, Solipsy and myself are on and about constantly and have far too little to occupy ourselves so feel free speak up.

Cerberus

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:56 am

thanks. i needed that. i.. had some other problems in my life and was really second-guessing myself alot. it was mostly self-pity B.S. about how i can't do anything right. but its better now.

thanks again! :fsm_surprised:
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Cerberus on Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:10 pm

Good to hear, j00 dont let teh m4n PWN j00, 0r k33p j00 DWN.

Cerberus

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:15 pm

1 7311 731-1 /\/\41\1 70 51_191, /\/\7 134115!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, it wont be tonight, too much work to be done, more than FSM stuff. blarg. anyway, tommrow defintitly/hopefully!

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Cerberus on Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:02 pm

hehehe, j00 1\107 /\/\4k!1\19 !_!$3 0f 411 73H 4Y/\/\b011$. T3H r0xx0r$ !$ /\/\!1\13........

Cerberus

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:06 pm

/\/\31-1, 1 171231=312 /\/\05717 1\11_1/\/\133125!

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Cerberus on Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:17 pm

$!_!cH !$ 7r!_!3, 34cH 70 7H3!r 0w1\1. 1 pr3fer $0/\/\3 $y/\/\b01$ j!_!47 70 /\/\!x !7 !_!, \/\/H!13 $7!11 k33p!1\19 !7 r331.

Cerberus

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:24 pm

1)0 701_1 71-111\11< 50/\/\301\13 51-11_111) /\/\41<3 41\1 31\161151-1-2-1337 71241\15147012?

1+3+3=7!!!

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:09 am

here it is! finally, i finished up chapter seven. its another inbetweenquel, but it's got mexicans!

The feast they had in the galley was one to remember. Hector had cooked up the greatest variety and best Pasta Pete had ever eaten! There was even enough for the entire crew. Pete did make an announcement, simply saying Ushnor was to be first mate, and Hector to be second. “actually, sir-a. I would-a like-a to just-a be-a the chef-a if-a ye don’t mind-aâ€￾ Hector asked Pete. “arr. Ah suppose Thart’ll be fer thar best. But ah Shall be needin’ a second mate, y’know, jarst in case.â€￾ And thus did pete recite the holy incantation: Ennie, menny, minny, moe, cartch a tiger by thar toe… if’n ‘e hollers, let ‘I'm go. Ennie, menny, minny, moe. “you thar! Ya you! with thar necklace.â€￾ Pete called out. “It's called blin' blin' fooâ€￾ he called out. “yar, whatever. Ye’ll be me new second mate, get thar self up’n here!â€￾ his name was smid. and then they ate. And it was good.
That next morning, a shout came from the crow’s nest. “Land Ho!â€￾ a loud murmer arose from the ship. All the pirates had been tired of regular sea ho’s, and they were ready for some action. “quiet ya' foo'sâ€￾ “ya maroon’s! he be meaning ‘e can see thar panama! Dinna ye eva take geography?â€￾ Pete yelled. “yeah. Right On! dun didn't ya' eva' snatch geography. Right On!â€￾ Smid said, “uh... whuts geo'graphy?â€￾ “your face if ye don’t shut up.â€￾ Ushnor said, motioning at his hammer. “oh, right, so'ry man, ah' plum gots some little carried away. Slap mah fro!â€￾ another yell came from the crow’s nest “There’s a small ship running the white flag! What’d we do, cap’n?â€￾ “let ‘em come close. Ah’ll talk wart em.â€￾
It was a very small ship, built only for two, and one had a message. “telegram from Mr. Frightening Pirate Paul. “get to Australia now stop.â€￾ “arrgh.â€￾ Pete said, and with that, he steered into the panama canal, and the messenger went back to land. “who’s Frightening Pirate Paul?â€￾ Ushnor asked. “he be me third cousin, lives in thar Australia. Got a in a little bad company, but ah assumernd ‘e was clean now. Ah aint so sure now.â€￾
Suddenly, they heard a loud “bangâ€￾ from the north end of the canal, and a few Mexicans came flying toward the boat. They crashed into Pete, Ushnor, Smid, Hector, and two other pirates, and sent them flying to the southern end of the canal. “WHAT THE BLOODY HELL WAS THAT FOR?â€￾ Pete shouted at the ship. “¡usted puede tener su carribean, pero, los bandidos mejicanos del canal, gobernaremos los mares un día!â€￾ “arr, any o’ ye speak Spanish?â€￾ Pete asked the two pirates, they shook their heads. “blast, lerts get to thar beach, an’ follow thar ship.â€￾
They walked along the beach for a while, and suddenly made it to the pacific ocean. “odd, Ah was excpectin’ somethin’ a lil’ more… Exictirn. Arr well. which way did them banditos go?â€￾ Pete asked. “'S coo', bro... ah' dink dey went dis wayâ€￾ Smid said, pointing south of the beach. They went south and found a path in the jungle. It was disgusting and dense. There were mosquitos everywhere. Pete would have gladly died, but at this moment of doubt, the flying spaghetti monster appeared unto Pete and his crew. “what the hell is wrong with you?â€￾ He asked. “whart? I’m sorry, oh noodli warne. I know ah have to find me brother ahnd fight’n Atkins warnce more.â€￾ “a-… how did you know you’d have to face atkins again?â€￾ the FSM asked, startled at himself for being startled. “well, ye sunk ‘em, but Ahm bettin’ ‘es not dead yet.â€￾ “very perceptive, Pete.â€￾ “yar, but I be thinkin’ ye could get us to thar pirate cove sooner? Me legs arr killin’ me.â€￾ “of course Pete.â€￾ And with that, the mighty FSM vanished, and in his place came the pirate cove, with Pete’s ship, and a building, apparently for the banditos. It was also on fire.
They walked down a path that was not on fire. There was no sign of life, but soon they heard a whimper. “Quiet yar.â€￾ Pete said as he tip-toed to a bush where the whimpering was coming from. He poked it with his sword. “AIE!!!!â€￾ a Mexican jumped out, screaming. “aie! What was that for?â€￾ he asked, rubbing his bum. “Were you-a tha one-a who stole-a our-a ship-a?â€￾ Hector asked. “please, don’t hurt mi! mi only ‘ere because ellos woulda kill me!â€￾ “hmm… whaddayar think mateys?â€￾ Pete asked. “well, judging by his wimpyness, I’d say he’s telling the truth.â€￾ Ushnor responded. “sheeit, ah' dunno, I'd keep him, dat way we kin see if he's tellin' de trud o' not. if not... heh, sheeit, ya' know.â€￾ Added smid. “I-a still-a don’t know-a if-a he’s-a lyin-a…â€￾ Hector said, still uncertain. “well whart about ye pirates?â€￾ Pete asked, they agreed with Ushnor and smid. “yar, tis’ settled then. Ye can come with us.â€￾ Pete said. He leaned in closer to him, “but if yar so murch as looks mutinous…â€￾ Pete let the bandito imagine what would happen. “Si, señor.â€￾ “gerd. Now then, wharts yar name?â€￾ Pete asked. “Raul.â€￾ “is there anything we might need in the building?â€￾ Ushnor asked. “come to think of it, what did happen here?â€￾ “well, el infierno persigue came and killed Juan.â€￾ “your-a captin-a?â€￾ Hector asked Raul. “si, all de banditos went with ‘im. Mi so scared, I hid in bush.â€￾ “who be dis inferno pedi-sump'n foo'?â€￾ smid asked. “el- el infierno persigue es mucho feared pirate. He’s name means, me think... Hell Hound.â€￾ Raul explained. “he’s another spanish bandito?â€￾ asked Ushnor. “no, he come from de west.â€￾ Raul said. “yar, you two, start settin’ up thar ship.â€￾ Pete said, pointing at the two generic pirates, “Ushnor an’ Hector, search the area fer anythan’ useful. Smid, help thar pirates with thar ship.â€￾ They all nodded and went to their duties, “you, Raul, come with me to thar map room. We’ll find thars hell-dude.â€￾

next chapter should be a bit faster paced. we'll get to another continent. and the idenity mysterious hell-hound will be revealed

if anyone knows who it is, don't give it away. i know one of you knows.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:35 pm

I have some Ninja ideas floating around in the good ol' brain....

Any particular guidelines to follow?
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

PreviousNext

Return to Scripture and Lore