Diablo II Discussion

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Poincare's Stepchild on Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:23 am

My favorite Sorc skill is Frozen Orb. Like a cold buzz saw. If you get the range just right, you can get that last burst of cold bolts to let go off inside the target...lots of damage. Plus you have all those other bolts hitting everything in sight.

Unless, of course, the target is immune to cold. On Hell, you always need two forms of attack. Like Frozen Orb and Wall of Fire.

The secret to the mana shortage with a Sorc is to spend almost all of your skills in Act I of normal on Warmth. +mana per kill, or a skull in a helmet help, too.

A Fire Sorc wants to build a Leaf staff. Any other Sorc wants a Memory staff, though the runes for that are a bit harder to get.

Edit: My werewolf (Wolfman Jack) advances. Baal is dead. The Cow King is dead. On to Hell.
Reading is Knowledge
Knowledge is Power
Power Corrupts
Corruption is a Crime
Crime doesn't Pay

So...If you read, you will go broke.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm:

TTFN
Poincare's Stepchild
Lord of Linguini

Postby Bob the Unbeliever on Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:31 am

Well, my "big box" PC is FINALLY up and running. *whew*

This time, I've "gone to the Dark Side, Luke" and have an Intel 2.6 64bit chip. First Intel I've purchased since 2001 (that was a Cube PC).

Anyway, once all the "bug-fixes" are done- which Micro$oft politely calls "updates" and "service packs" ... as if!

ANYWAY--I wanted to reward myself: I made a link to the D2 exe file. With most games, you really don't need to re-install. A link to the exe is nearly always more than good enough.

Since I had not touched D2 in 6 months or more ... I started a new char, natch.

I started a Druid, who is "be all the werewolf he can be". He has exactly 3 spells: Werewolf, Lycanthropy (passive only) and Feral Rage (attack spell). He is level 16, and is playing on "/Players 4"* currently. I may jack that setting up a bit, if he gets too easy to play. This is why, at level 16, he has JUST killed Blood Raven, and obtained his first follower.

I called him Wolfe-Spam, for no apparently good reason. :P

But, since it's been quite awhile since I have played a "clickfest" game, my hand does not have the stamina it once did. *sigh* or else I'm just getting older ... *bigger-sigh*

I am planning on breaking out Knights of the Old Republic I, as II's price has dropped to reasonable levels. I'll play "I" through once, and go out and get "II" - I'd heard it was as good as the first one.

Then, on to Dungeon Seige II, which I've played the demo a bit. It's a nice extension of the first game, which while not as re-playable as D2 (the maps are allways the same) it IS replayable with different party strategies.

Oh, and I'll have to treat myself to a game of Deux Ex. THE best first-person-perspective game ever. Even better than the sequal.

I tried playing this 6-year old game on the p500 I was using up until Monday, and with Windoze XP, that 500 was just too darn jerky. Even with ALL the detail/shadows off. But, on my new box, it ought to scream. <heh> I may try a "Ghandi" strategy this time: to see how FEW npc's I can get away with not killing ...

"It's GOOD to be back."

* "/Players 4" sets the difficulty level as if there were 4 humans playing as a team. It's keyed in using the "chat" option, usually [ENTER] and typing your message. "/PLAYERS 4" or "/PLAYERS 8" or whatever you want, between 1 and 8, but w/out the quotes. The monsters are harder, but the experience is greater- so is the treasure-drops.
Bob the Unbeliever
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:45 am

High level 'mage-summoning' druids (what my most succesful character was), are pretty fun... you just run around with 1 or 2 Hurricanes running around you freezing and killling everthing near you, while having your beat (who is at least twice as strong as you) kill stragglers, and you get health from a vine.... so much fun...

I'll have to start playing my barbarian in ACT II... i always kind of liked him. but I've never really beaten Act 2... I was annoyed with Duriel so i ended up getting caught in a rush. I was really only hoping for Duriel... but they ended up beating Baal... I feel so ashamed..

but the characters long dead now. :mrgreen:
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby LibraLabRat on Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:17 am

I gotta boost my player level. I hate it when I have a bunch of nerds coming into my game asking for free gear. I am a simple guy, as I am IRL. I have a Paladin with the full Sigon's armor, but I have Civerb's cudgel that I added a socket to and put a perfect emerald in. I love poisoning things......I also have his lightning aura maxed, as it seems to me that fewer monsters are immune to lightning attacks.

I gotta level the guy up though, he is only level 36 and the Ancients keep mopping the floor with me, even with my minion helping out.

What opinion do you guys have of hacked gear? Personally, I think it is ridiculous, but I use them as barganing chips to get set pieces from newbs.
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:57 am

I'd say thats disstasteful, but I'm not going to stop you. dosen't really hurt anyone. if you find out your about to fight someone with hacked weapons, you can easily leave.

not sure on advice.. I was around late 30's when I fought ancients and baal I think... I was lvl 45 ACT II in nightmare when I stopped playing at least...

I say, start at town, then just rush up the mountain. see where you're getting the most bang for your buck. work there.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Poincare's Stepchild on Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:11 pm

I am usually nearly 40th level when I reach the Ancients in Normal. In Normal and Nightmare, the Ancients are tough, but are beatable. The Ancients in Hell are...well...Hell. They have so many immunities and special abilities that it is really, really tough.

Here is a trick I developed for dealing with the Ancients...throw a bunch of potions on the ground before you activate them. As you use up the potions in your belt, you can grab new ones off the ground while you are on the run.

I am currently playing a 81-level barbarian w/polearm. He is in the middle of Kurast in Hell. He has a really nasty whirlwind attack, but unfortunately there are usually monsters around that make it difficult to use...either immune to physical or mana draining.

Had a lot of fun in the jungle, though. Hordes of little fetishes, and nothing to stop me from whirlwinding. Weed eater time!!!
Reading is Knowledge
Knowledge is Power
Power Corrupts
Corruption is a Crime
Crime doesn't Pay

So...If you read, you will go broke.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm:

TTFN
Poincare's Stepchild
Lord of Linguini

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:38 pm

yeah, I've always wondered what those 'rat-men' fetishes are doing in the catacombs of ACT I... its so dark and theres only half a dozen of them I hardly noticed the first time through.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Captain Noobhead on Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:31 pm

I had 2 characters on Bnet before I moved onto other games.

I had a level 82 chain-lightning sorc and a level 73 bone necro. I think both are deleted now. I've been playing the game since 2002 so I got a bit tired of it a few years ago and haven't touched it since.
Captain Noobhead
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby LibraLabRat on Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:44 pm

Right now I am still leveling my paladin, but I am up to act two nightmare. I get sidetracked playing online cuz I like to help newbs level up, or I like to jump on eight man multiplayer games and go gear shopping.

I especially like to go cow tipping....
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Previous

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes