UPDATE, and a bit o' piracy

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

UPDATE, and a bit o' piracy

Postby LibraLabRat on Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:35 am

I am now officially a student of UCLA (University of Cameron at Lawton) and the proud owner of a 1985 Honda Elite 150 scooter. I am going to paint it glossy black, and on the front fairing I am going to place a pirate fish, on the back a stylized FSM. I am adding other piratical touches, and will begin to scourge the I44 corridor, from Apache to Lawton, from Wichita Falls to OKC. I hope road piracy will help the ozone layer.

Here is my challenge, O fellow piratical pastafarians....Give me your designs that you think I should add to my extremely fuel efficient chariot of extreme naughtiness.

It must be something that can be easily rendered as a stencil, as my painting skills are just slightly better than a fourth graders. I already have a permanent passenger, an Old Skool stuffed monkey with an eye patch and a hook for a hand (one of his rubber paws was ripped off in a tragic THATS MY MONKEY tousle with my five year old daughter). Give me your ideas, and I will post pictures of whom evers I decide to go with.
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:37 am

cannons. not sure where you'd find the stencils, but some cannons on the side would look cool.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby LibraLabRat on Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:10 am

Cannons are easy. I do happen to work at the Fire Center and home of the Field Artillery. Crossed cannons done in red are the emblem.
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby LibraLabRat on Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:14 am

The house is closed on, and we came out better than we thought.

OF course I am having skull and bones. Gotta. I am also attaching a flag to my redneck cargo carrier (Hiland Farms plastic milk crate). I will be a very popular science teacher, methinks.
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby daniel on Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:48 pm

You stole a stuffed monkey from your 5-year-old daughter??? That's awful! Of course, it also sounds like an act of piracy that might qualify to slow global warming.
Daniel

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal."
-- Emma Goldman
daniel
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:35 pm

well wait, what was the second party in the THATS MY MOKNEY fight? LLR and his daughter? that would be almost laughable. I assumed it was a sibling, and he just confiscated it, or they forgot about it...
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby LibraLabRat on Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:23 am

I will have you all know that it is MY MONKEY, and I have had him long before I had the afforementioned offspring. However, she is strong and scrappy for one so short. She has also demanded her own helmet, and is asking me when she gets her own "pirate scooter".

Oy, kids.
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:28 am

at least she's being raised the pastafarian way! :wink:

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby LibraLabRat on Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:59 am

She is getting raised in the best way I know how. She asks me a question, I try to answer it. She likes to pick the smilies I use on here....so those tend to be her.

Her favorite is :D and :fsm_float:
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby NeferKa on Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:01 am

Can you work some forks into the design? It would be fun to actually have some real forks, but a stencil would be easy to do.
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:45 pm

and don't forget to post pictorals!

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

upDATE TO THE Update

Postby LibraLabRat on Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:52 pm

Ok. My scooter is currently packed into a trailer with a lot of other household goods. I have been painting, staining, polyurethan-ing and otherwise Bob Villa-ing my fuzzy ass off in order to make this house perfect for my wife...and hopefully my daughter in the near future.

After the house, I have a bit of outdoor stuff to do (getting rid of two extra storage buildings, painting the storm shelter and workshop, running 220 to the workshop) and then I will have time to devote to the Piratical Elite 150.

I will post a "Before" picture as soon as I get it unpacked.
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Poincare's Stepchild on Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:33 pm

Good luck!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reading is Knowledge
Knowledge is Power
Power Corrupts
Corruption is a Crime
Crime doesn't Pay

So...If you read, you will go broke.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm:

TTFN
Poincare's Stepchild
Lord of Linguini

Postby NeferKa on Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:46 pm

The before and after photographs are a good idea!

Is there anyway you can add a plank? (It wouldn't have to be functional, but the symbolism would be fun.)
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby LibraLabRat on Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Well, as soon as my helmet gets here, it will get the first piratical treatment...I am painting a new heretical depiction on it.

Basically, I have a design that is part FSM and part jolly roger. I will be using a face like :D with crossed breadsticks behind it, or crossed swords, havent decided yet.

I have to take the scoot apart to replace the tires, so I will be removing the body panels at that time and painting them.

There will be an FSM on the front, and a Pirate Fish on the back. The whole thing is getting done in the best Ninja Pirate Gloss black I can find. I will also be adding some chrome accents and a few extra mirrors A La Quadrophenia.

Pictures to follow soon.

And the Monkey keel haul all the non believers. I believe my Monkey will be the effigy embodyment of the first midgit.
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Next

Return to All Things FSM