The Museum of The Flying Spaghetti Monster!!

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Should it be done?

AYE!!
68%
Nay!!
5%
...meh...
26%

Total votes : 19

The Museum of The Flying Spaghetti Monster!!

Postby James Belman on Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:58 pm

Hello my fellow pastafarians. I have recently been touched by his noodly appendage and have learned the truth.
Although spreading the word of pastafarianism has become my life I feel that more could be done, my friends.
You see I recently learnt of a museum of creationism. Though I was gald of thier victory I fealt saddened that we pastafarians had no such place of our own!

It is thus that I concluded that we must have a Museum of The Flying Spaghetti Monster!!
We could hire special effects artists to make animatronic FSM robots. We could also have a ride similar to Disneys Pirates Of The Caribbean ride to show visitors Pastifarians in worship!

Can you not see that this is the will of our noodly lord?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzjjxi7f0Oc&search=creationists
^Here is a link to a video about The Museum of Creationsim^

Museum of FSM:
James Belman
Conchigliette Convert

Postby NeferKa on Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:17 am

Where will it be? This would be a great idea, but I bet very spendy...

While I cannot help out with the animatronic noodles, I can help out with artworks! :D We can make a papier-mâché mountain!

The museum staff would definitely have to dress up like pirates!
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Re: The Museum of The Flying Spaghetti Monster!!

Postby E.Raser on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:20 am

James Belman wrote:Hello my fellow pastafarians. I have recently been touched by his noodly appendage and have learned the truth.
Although spreading the word of pastafarianism has become my life I feel that more could be done, my friends.
You see I recently learnt of a museum of creationism. Though I was gald of thier victory I fealt saddened that we pastafarians had no such place of our own!

It is thus that I concluded that we must have a Museum of The Flying Spaghetti Monster!!
We could hire special effects artists to make animatronic FSM robots. We could also have a ride similar to Disneys Pirates Of The Caribbean ride to show visitors Pastifarians in worship!

Can you not see that this is the will of our noodly lord?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzjjxi7f0Oc&search=creationists
^Here is a link to a video about The Museum of Creationsim^

Museum of FSM:

make an agreement with the Museum of Goliardia of Bologna ,too :pirate_fish: :pirate_fish:
E.Raser
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby James Belman on Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:25 am

We ought' to build it right next door to the museum of creationism. :)
James Belman
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Twice Baked on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:15 pm

I'm not so sure of the spendy animatronics, etc... I'm extreeemely new to Pastafarianism, but I do know of the eight "I'd Rather You Didn'ts", and this museum idea seemingly contradicts number six:

6. I’d Really Rather You Didn’t Build Multimillion-Dollar Churches/Temples/Mosques/Shrines To My Noodly Goodness When The Money Could Be Better Spent (Take Your Pick):

Ending Poverty

Curing Diseases

Living In Peace, Loving With Passion, And Lowering The Cost Of Cable

I Might Be A Complex-Carbohydrate Omniscient Being, But I Enjoy The Simple Things In Life. I Ought To Know. I AM The Creator.

But does me telling you that make me a violator of #1?
1. I’d Rather You Didn’t Act Like A Sanctimonious, Holier-Than-Thou Ass When Describing My Noodly Goodness.

Still learning. I'll get it all figured out soon!
Twice Baked
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Alpaca on Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:02 pm

Hands-on is good, but it should all be fun and simple and volunteer-based.

So, how 'bout a water slide for a ride? It could be a series of slides coming from a center platform, modeled after His Noodliness, with pool noodles floating around below. Not nearly as expensive to build.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby NeferKa on Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:57 am

I enjoy the waterslide idea. I also think it would be hilarious to set us shop right next door to the creationist museum! What kid would want to go to a museum when there are waterslides across the parking lot?
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby James Belman on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:39 am

And pirates. All kids love pirates. :fsm_yarr:
James Belman
Conchigliette Convert

Postby boghog on Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:18 am

I have a dream!

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster should purchase the water park and "Deep Sea Adventure" at West Edmonton Mall! Think about it! It's the world's largest water park, and it's already got a pirate ship (okay, strictly speaking, it's a replica of Columbus' Santa Maria, but the kids won't care because it LOOKS like a pirate ship, and depending on their politics, the adults may think that it IS a pirate ship).

We could use the profits for good, too! My ideas are:
- create the world's largest (and pasta-themed!) food bank
- buy that pirate ship that Bobby's after
- build another water park next to the Creation Museum (and then use the profits from both to do one of the above)

Hmmm?

HMMMM?

Now to just get the money to do it.

Can churches issue bonds?
Now Hypercaffeinated! Share and Enjoy!

Keep Saturn in Saturnalia!

You catch more flies with BS than you do with honey.
boghog
Lord of Linguini

Postby boghog on Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:43 pm

I looked all through the Government of Canada web site, and I can't find it.

You can register as a charity for free; you just need to document what your organization does and show that it provides benefit to humanity. No mention of religion, though.

Looks like you don't "register a religion" in Canada (federally, anyhow - it seems that some provinces have additional rules for charities); for tax purposes, it seems like a church is just another charity.

Edit: looks like there is one difference. Clergy are eligible for a tax deduction for housing, but the guide doesn't say anything about the church or religious order having to be "registered" anywhere.

boghog
Lord of Linguini

Postby James Belman on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:27 pm

Well now, isn't this great?
We'll all work together to make it the best theme-park/religious-indoctrination-unit ever. With pasta being served on every street corner and an Indiana-jones rollercoaster!
We can have members of staff wandering around the area dressed as midgets and Spag-Monsters.

But funding would indeed be the greatest issue, I don't believe that the FSM wants temples or churches. But theme-parks? Hell how could it say no? :mrgreen:

So can we expect a Canadian FSM theme park, Mr. BogHog?
James Belman
Conchigliette Convert

Postby boghog on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:41 pm

As soon as I get the seed capital together.

:D

boghog
Lord of Linguini

Postby NeferKa on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:49 pm

I think from the souvenirs alone we could make a hefty profit to go towards the better causing of aiding humanity and so forth. (T-shirts, those photos taken of screaming people on the roller coasters, etc...)

A lot of parks have one of those photo shops where people dress up like cowboys; we should definitely have one where people dress up like pirates.
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby NeferKa on Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:12 pm

Great idea! That would be a lot of fun.
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Pirate Party

Postby NeferKa on Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:07 pm

I can tolerate children... when I get paid. :D Actually, I'm not terribly fond of children, but most of them love me. (I was the Wicked Witch in the Wizard of Oz, and all the munchkins loved me. It was truly horrifying! The children in the audience were scared, some even cried, but the kids in the cast fought over who could sit on my lap during warm ups!)

As for parties, my husband and I keep saying we'll have an FSM party. I think we'll combine it with Halloween, since we have one annually anyway. I want to order the pirate rubber duckies from Oriental Trading. Spaghetti is a given, but I like the cake idea. I may have to steal that. We're also trying to figure out a way to make a mini beer volcano.
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Next

Return to The Cause