How I shocked my class at my university

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

How I shocked my class at my university

Postby Wolfenstein on Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:39 am

I shocked me teachers and classmates on the day that it was time of opposition of my masters thesis, that is when I have to defend my point of view and the conclusions I make in thesis in front of a critical audience. The thing is that I broth my laptop computer to make a presentation with a projector and without thinking about it I had this as the wallpaper om my computer. I did not think it was a big deal but one of the teachers stared at it as said "Poor Michelangelo." Everybody though it was funny though. Moast people had just newer heard of The Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!
Wolfenstein
Stele Second Mate

Postby teripie on Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:01 am

Moast people had just newer heard of The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

And now you have exposed them to His Noodliness. It's little things such as this that help spread the word. Who needs to go door to door when you can just slip in a subliminal picture here and there?
-----(\ /)------
-----(o.o)-----
----(> <)-----
This is Bunny.
Bunny, as cute and cuddley as he may appear, is bent on world domination.
To achieve this he has decided to start by taking over teh intarweb, a step towards his ultimate goal.
To help him complete his quest and therefore ensure bunny domination, copy and paste him into your sig
teripie
Birthday Scribe

Postby Fredrick2003 on Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:25 pm

Awesome.
Fredrick2003
Ziti Zealot

Postby Ezkerraldean on Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:02 am

haha!

ive never spoken to anyone in real life who is schocked or offended by FSM, everyone around here seems to be either atheist or not really caring about religion.

the internet is different though, of course!
we are both atheists, it's just that i believe in one god less than you
Ezkerraldean
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby haxmasta on Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:27 am

OMFSM, that was good, I could see that happening to me. I'm going to attend UC Irvine the September and I know that when I pull out my laptop people will see my background. I think alot of them will convert and have loads of fun.

But on the subject of people who are receptive to the FSM. I live in an "almost" rural mountain community where most of the populace is right-wing hardcore christians that own more shotguns than braincells. Not to talk down on christians, because these people just give christians a bad name. They are not too receptive to His ways, so I can't convert as many as I'd like. Mostly in fear of the shotguns, not my reputation.

Once I hit the UC campus I'll probably be handing out pamphlets and such, and I'm thinking by the end of my sophmore year I will have effectively converted something around 25,000 students and faculty. That's only supposing if it's a domino effect, where one convert will convert another and another.

Any suggestions would definitely help in The Cause, I figure pamphlets might not be enough, maybe a beer volcano might help out more :D a stripper factory would take work, but it would be LOTS of fun to do.

:fsm_yarr:
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:50 am

haxmasta wrote:Any suggestions would definitely help in The Cause, I figure pamphlets might not be enough, maybe a beer volcano might help out more :D a stripper factory would take work, but it would be LOTS of fun to do.

:fsm_yarr:

I had schematics for the Beer Volcano (a working model), but I'm not sure if I got around to posting them. Let me have a look about....
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby haxmasta on Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:36 pm

Cool, that sounds really neat, i know how I'd do the stripper factory, I'd probably have to either be really popular on campus or have a friend that is, cause I'm not paying for all those strippers. :)
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

university work

Postby NeferKa on Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:26 pm

I've done some work at my university in lines of exposing people to the Noodly One! Many people in the department I work in at the University love the FSM. We have 2 crocheted FSMs in our display case and another one in the reception area.

One of the women I work with gave the correlation chart of pirates and global warming to a professor of hers, and it was used in a lecture.

Also, last year I gave our propaganda brochures to some of the professors in the religion department. I think they were amused!
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby haxmasta on Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:30 pm

lol :o good one, that's what I'm looking forward to!
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby anthrobabe on Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:25 pm

Poor Michaelangelo
ba-humbug
where does talent come from except from our Noodly Master

Oh and so is is Wolfenstein MA or MS now?? how did / does the theisis go

:fsm:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Wolfenstein on Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:01 pm

anthrobabe wrote:Oh and so is is Wolfenstein MA or MS now?? how did / does the theisis go

M.Sc. in Computer Science. I pased the opposition with flying colour.
Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!
Wolfenstein
Stele Second Mate

Postby anthrobabe on Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:21 pm

Glad to hear it

applause, applause to you
:worship:
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Re: How I shocked my class at my university

Postby E.Raser on Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:13 pm

Wolfenstein wrote:I shocked me teachers and classmates on the day .

una rondine non fa primavera= one swallow does not make a summer
what new in shoking universities ? :mrgreen: ( out of Amish shooters )
E.Raser
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby PsiPro on Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:06 pm

Ezkerraldean wrote:ive never spoken to anyone in real life who is schocked or offended by FSM

I have, and i have loved every minute of it. But I must admit most people are very sceptical of either 1) my sanity, or 2) my seriousness. I always try to make the same faces when they tell me som random person rose from the dead 2000 years ago.

Oh and..

Grats on your M.S.
PsiPro
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby E.Raser on Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:58 am

PsiPro wrote: rose from the dead 2000 years ago.

Oh and..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMTJenBeMVk
E.Raser
Lumache Lieutenant

Next

Return to The Cause