Best. Tagline. Ever.

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Best. Tagline. Ever.

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:45 pm

I was just chatting it up with my friend over IM, and I said something sarcastic. I then thought "you can taste the sarcasm" which reminded me of the FSM, and I think it will be a great slogan for the FSM forum. we're satire, and we taste good! you can taste the sarcasm!

think of it right underneath the bold lettering at the top of every forum page.

www.venganza.org
You can taste the sarcasm

whatchall think?
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:00 pm

Qwerty's not mocking (can't speak for the tagline... they're disrespectful little blaggarts), and is one of the relatively few honest-to-gnocci Orthodox Pastafarians here.

I think the tagline could be shortened to "Taste the Satire", although like Aptenodyte I don't like to push the satire angle too far. Satire and sarcasm are part of the survival kit here, but not exclusively.

"Taste the Goodness" or "Taste the Good Life"? I dunno...
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:09 pm

I am one who takes the FSM as my deity QUITE seriously. dosen't mean nobody here does satire or sarcasm. I just thought of it, thought it would be funny, and decided to share.

the thing is, "taste the good stuff" actually sounds natural. but one almost never says that they taste satire.

of course, we don't want to look totally silly...

wait... aren't we past that? :wink:

I guess if you're really against it theres not much I can do. still think its clever.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:23 pm

How's that work for it?

:mrgreen:
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:49 pm

um, I don't believe I catch your drift...

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:05 pm

Being clever. Sorry... quoting Fight Club again. :mrgreen:
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Michelangelo on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:05 pm

Aptenodyte wrote:Who says we are satire? Who says we are sarcasm?

I most certainly do not.

I take my beliefs quite seriously, and honestly don't appreciate someone using these boards to mock them.

:pirate_fish: :pirate_fish: :pirate_fish:

What Aptenodyte said. I've read [some of] the replies that came after this post, but I choose to stick solely with this. I know I'm a newbie, but I want to put in my two cents.
Michelangelo
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:10 pm

1) who is 'he' exactly? just for clarification, as you quoted aptenodyte.
2) if Doc hadn't beaten me, I'd've said "well, I dunno. maybe the prohpet".
3) I wouldn't consider you a newbie. of course, I've ran into almost every one of your posts and some people probably haven't seen any of yours :?
4) just a tip, usually you shouldn't post say "yeah, what he said" or "yeah, thats cool". but I'm just telling you, because you're cool, and this wasn't really bad. one thread had a link to a sound file and there was a whole page of people saying "yeah!" "cool" and then just a bunch of "mmmmmm"'s. it was amlost a disgrace!

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Michelangelo on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:20 pm

When a gender doesn't pop out at me from a name (not to mention the male avatar) I tend to put he, a pitfall of mine, sorry Aptenodyte! (The error has been altered to the method which I should have taken in such a case.) And I know the rule on spam, sorry again. I hadn't intended to do what I did and almost posted something along the lines of "Are you off your rocker?" but on my scrolling towards a reply button (probably one right at the top isn't there? lol) I saw Aptenodyte's post and it more clearly stated how I felt so I wanted to emphasize that multiple people felt this way. Sorry and sorry some more!
Michelangelo

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:20 pm

There's been questions raised in the past (yes! even here!) about whether Pastafarianism should be considered a serious faith and afforded the same respect and protection that other religions have here.

The conclusions reached is that YES there are orthodox Pastafarians, and YES their beliefs should be respected. And Querty was one of the biggest defenders of his sincere belief in the FSM.

BUT: Bobby has stated that the FSM is (largely) satirical, so no matter what your personal beliefs in the FSM, the strategy of the Open Letter is to use satire to present a serious message, and there's no disrespect to the FSM by pointing out the satire involved.

Calling this a "joke religion" would be entirely missing the point and offensive, though.

Personally, I'm a Hyper Spaghetti Monsterist, and don't follow all the orthodox beliefs.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:23 pm

Dr. Otis Lansa wrote:Personally, I'm a Hyper Spaghetti Monsterist, and don't follow all the orthodox beliefs.

*mumbles*

crazy quantume hippy... :x

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:24 pm

Hey, respect and tolerance, Q, and no personal attacks, eh?
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:31 pm

oh, okay :( :wink:

we should be setting good examples...

but I do have the membership background of about 10 months that you know I'm just being funny and sarcastic.

you know if I was really trying to insult you, I'd call you a 15 year-old posing as an adult :mrgreen:

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:43 pm

double post because of obscenely slow internet connection. :(

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Michelangelo on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:56 pm

And you try to call me on MY spam! :wink:
Michelangelo

Next

Return to All Things FSM