Any Ideas?

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Any Ideas?

Postby Connorc6291 on Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:33 am

Hey all. I live in a small town in IL, anyone have any ideas of how to spread FSMism without being eaten by the amazing amount of christians?

-Connor C.
Peace, Love and Unity

RAmen
Although the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power.-V
Connorc6291
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Alpaca on Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:25 am

Do so openly and tolerantly. Emphasize that it's not about mocking religion, but about teaching science in school.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby kat on Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:14 pm

Cover yourself in tofu.
Do not do in public that which you do not which commented upon by the public.
kat
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Capellini on Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:32 pm

Christians don't eat tofu???

Or is tofu just generally so nasty that it wouldn't drive anyone into a feeding frenzy? Because THAT I definitely agree with.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby alexrose on Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:18 am

No!
Tofu is delicious. Yum...
alexrose
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:20 pm

I can't stand Tofu. but Fondu sounds simmiliar and is good. although one might want to refrain from covering one's self in melted cheese or chocolate. unless the substance is given ample time to cool.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby mepper on Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:44 am

tofu is good in hot and sour soup..yummy chinese food..i think i'm hungry now
mepper
With the FSM

Re: Any Ideas?

Postby Connorc6291 on Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:16 pm

Connorc6291 wrote:Hey all. I live in a small town in IL, anyone have any ideas of how to spread FSMism without being eaten by the amazing amount of christians?

-Connor C.

Come on guys, when I said eaten I meant critized and rudely shunned. I meant attacked and attempted to be proven wrong. And besides, covering myself in tofu would be pricey.

-Connor C.
Peace, Love and Unity

RAmen
Although the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power.-V
Connorc6291
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby alexrose on Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:00 am

Though less pricey than covering yourself in meat.
alexrose
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby kat on Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:52 pm

Capellini wrote:Christians don't eat tofu???

Or is tofu just generally so nasty that it wouldn't drive anyone into a feeding frenzy? Because THAT I definitely agree with.

Nah, just that good old fashion Christfolk won't touch suspicious stuff out of Asia....and frankly, I imagine a person covered in tofu would ruin the person flavor and the tofu flavor.

The kind that are likely to attack are also the kind with other nasty prejudices.

That being said, Alpaca gave the only "real" response anyone here would.
kat
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:56 pm

hey, I would've given a real answer, if I had any ideas.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby kat on Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:26 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:hey, I would've given a real answer, if I had any ideas.

Yeah, plus there's that whole thing about the ethics of how and why you're doing it, and being objective versus being obnoxious and all that other alfredo under the bridge.
kat
Fusilli Fuselier

Re: Any Ideas?

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:39 pm

Connorc6291 wrote:
Connorc6291 wrote:Hey all. I live in a small town in IL, anyone have any ideas of how to spread FSMism without being eaten by the amazing amount of christians?

-Connor C.

Come on guys, when I said eaten I meant critized and rudely shunned. I meant attacked and attempted to be proven wrong. And besides, covering myself in tofu would be pricey.

-Connor C.

Choose who you spread the word to wisely. In your town it doesn't sound like dressing up in full pirate regailia and handing out pamphlets on a street corner is going to be effective, and either will trying to convert fundamentalists of any religion to FSMism directly. As Alpaca said, focus on the education issue and not on the theology of FSM. The Open Letter approach is to try to have your audience acknowledge that if they support teaching Intelligent Design as science, then they are opening the door to teaching other explanations of life's origins as science, no matter how ridiculous those explanations are.

The usual way to spread the word is from the ground up... start with your more moderate friends and aquaintances, who should be the most open, and let it spread by word of mouth. You'll have a more pleasant time sharing a meal of pasta with friends than shouting at the willfully deaf.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Capellini on Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:43 pm

kat wrote:
Capellini wrote:Christians don't eat tofu???

Nah, just that good old fashion Christfolk won't touch suspicious stuff out of Asia....and frankly, I imagine a person covered in tofu would ruin the person flavor and the tofu flavor.

The kind that are likely to attack are also the kind with other nasty prejudices.

That being said, Alpaca gave the only "real" response anyone here would.

That's why we pay him the zero bucks.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Return to The Cause