Help Me With a Cool Graphic

Found a stunning new portrayal of His Noodly Majesty? New art, adapted art, links to do-it-yourself art? Realistic, conceptual, whatever? Post it here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Help Me With a Cool Graphic

Postby The Inanimator on Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:55 am

I made the marinara FSM with a graphic in mind that I could use some help with. I want to make a wallpaper with FSM floating with "Obey" spelled out as if FSM wrote it on the screen with his noodly appendage. I could do it digitally but it would never look as good as if it was actually spelled out with tomato sauce.

All I would need is a photo of "Obey" smeared on a window with a white piece of cardboard or foam core taped to the other side of the glass, (paper might be too translucent). I don't have the resources to do this without making a fool out of myself, (Imagine if you walked by someone writing "Obey" on windows using tomato sauce).

It would look something like this but with way cooler text and I'll drip a blob on his appendage tip:

If you do this keep in mind the composition in the image where it's a large "O" an "y" and a small "b" and "e" to leave space for FSM. Also, regular tomato sauce might be too runny so tomato paste might be better, although a little runny is good, it's supposed to be intimidating :wink: . I think this could be a kick ass graphic if I could get a little help.

Thanks,
The inanimator.
The Inanimator
Ziti Zealot

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:36 am

Hmm, I'm having a problem with this looking a bit too threatening. I don't think that the FSM means to be so scary. Is there a way to make it more friendly? Maybe lighten the sauce to a merrier orange color around the edges so it looks more saucy and less bloody.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:41 am

or have it say "eat me". usually hostile, but in this case, a darn good ideer!
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby The Inanimator on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:14 pm

There are threatening depictions in every religion. This wouldn't even be that bad. Argumentum ad baculum, it's a powerful thing. How can we convert God fearing Christians without it?
The Inanimator
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:03 pm

do we want god fearing idjits?*

*not that all god fearing christians are idjits, idiots, bigots, or morons. just trying to make a point.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby alexrose on Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:20 pm

They'll make good FSM fearing idjits. No religion is complete without its own branch of zealots.
alexrose
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:25 am

I still think we should let the other religions have their idjits. y'know, make FSM get the good genes, and the others the not so good, so soon we'll be the only religion. not by conversion or genocide, but by our good buddy 'natural selection' :D

brilliant plan, eh, no?

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Michelangelo on Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:19 am

Use a scrap window pane. You can do it on that and lay it on white (fillin whatever material here) and take a picture without messign up your window.
Michelangelo
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby The Inanimator on Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:27 pm

Ok, help me think of something other than Obey that can be used in the same way? If FSM could say one word to the masses what would it be?
The Inanimator
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:06 pm

I still think he'd say something to the effect of eat me... :roll:

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Al Dante on Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:41 pm

The Inanimator wrote:Ok, help me think of something other than Obey that can be used in the same way? If FSM could say one word to the masses what would it be?

Depending on the branch of the faith...

"Educate." (Bobby's original letter/revelation)

"Reason." (The Gospel) -- or "Cogitate" if you want 'em all to rhyme

"Tolerate." (Pastafarianism as developed in this forum)

- monoverbAL
Al Dante
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby The Inanimator on Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:27 pm

Ok well if someone feels like smearing something on a window, take pic and post it for me.
The Inanimator
Ziti Zealot

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:34 pm

I like "TolRate" with the "R" backwards.

You could use a sheet of plastic, such as a cheap clear shower curtain. :shellfish:
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Return to Art and Artistic Adaptations