Another (?) proof of the FSM

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Another (?) proof of the FSM

Postby daniel on Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:48 am

I used a question mark in the subject line because I don't know if this is new, or if someone else has already pointed it out. This is another proof that life on earth was created by a spaghetti monster (Probably The Flying Spaghetti Monster, cuz what other is there?)

I've been listening to the lecture series Biology: the Science of Life from the Teaching Company (teach12.com) and here is what particularly struck my notice. The following information is from the above mentioned course:

Proteins are the molecules that do almost everything that makes living cells alive. They synthesize the materials of life, they mediate the chemical reactions, they convert food to energy in animals and energy to food in plants, etc. They are both the chemical messengers that allow cells to communicate with each other, and the chemical receptors that receive the messages. Proteins are what make living things alive. There is a humungous number of different proteins, but each is a very long strand of amino acids. Remember this: long and thin. But as soon as a protein is synthesized, it begins to curl and wind up on itself, forming a globby sort of thing, and it's its particular globbed-up shape that give it its characteristics. Some proteins are actually several strands all globbed up together.

The above is all basic science.

What struck me is that it is obvious that these most basic building blocks of every living thing on Earth were designed by an intelligent creator to mimic spaghetti: long and thin when its manufactured, and then all globbed up in a general mass of wiggley, twisting interlaced strands.

Proteins are made in the image of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

And if that was not enough, the genetic code is contained on DNA, the famous double helix, which is exactly like those spiraly noodly pasta things.

I trust that pointing this out to any unbeliever will be sufficient to convert them.
Daniel

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal."
-- Emma Goldman
daniel
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Michelangelo on Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:50 am

Wowzerness. That is truly remarkable. If it has been pointed out it is new to me as I was only recently Touched. Thank you.
Michelangelo
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby alexrose on Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:53 am

I never really thought of the proteins themselves. Just further proof!

DNA itself I had thought of though.

When the DNA is in the nucleus, it's chromatin...which is about as spaghetti-like as you can get. When I was tutoring a (grade 10) science student, spaghetti-like was the exact word I used to differentiate between that and the chromosomes formed during cell division.
I admit, it crossed my mind to tell her about the FSM and all his holiness, but there were slightly more pressing matters at hand (like getting a pass).
alexrose
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Weird beard on Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:25 pm

yes and if you look closely at your hand. you can see the noodle marks from when everyone was touched
Love thy Neighbour as you love they noodle
Weird beard
Conchigliette Convert

Postby dutch convert on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:37 pm

In DNA there are also some meatball-like structures that the spaghetti curls around. They are called histones.

Proteins don't just gobble up to form their structure. Their form lies already in the structure of the spaghetti. Once transcribed and after other post-translational effects, like adding sugars for taste and phosphates for fun, they assume their divine position, intended by the FSM.

http://www.biology.arizona.edu/cell_bio/tutorials/cytoskeleton/graphics/microfilament.gif

In this small image you see the microfilament structure of a cell. Involvement of the FSM is evident. The spaghetti in it's original rigid strong fom is protecting the meatball inside that is the core of the cell.
dutch convert
Ziti Zealot

Postby arkady on Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:04 pm

There is a technique used to visualise microtubules (also noodley) called Fluorescence Speckle Microscopy, which uses a low concentration of fluorescently marked tubulin monomers to show treadmilling.

This is clearly another sign. :)
"Ankh-Morpork people, said the Guild, were hearty, no-nonsense folk who actually preferred chocolate made mostly from milk, sugar, suet, hooves, lips, miscellaneous squeezings, rat droppings, plaster, flies, tallow, bits of tree, hair lint, spiders and powdered cocoa husks. This meant that according to the food standards of Borogravia and Quirm, Ankh-Morpork chocolate was formally classed as 'cheese', and only escaped, through being the wrong colour, being defined as 'tile grout'."
arkady
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Al the Killer on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:20 pm

:fsm_float: <----- protein?

Hmm, interesting.
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
Al the Killer
Ziti Zealot

Postby gnochi-guy on Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:54 am

all fear the mighty lord his noodliness for he has touched us all with us being none the wiser, a feat michael jackson would wish 2 accomplish
praise the noodly lord
gnochi-guy
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Captain 'Noodly' Cutlass on Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:46 pm

A good point indeed, one which Bobby Henderson himself touched upon in the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, by comparing DNA to pasta.
The Noble Pirate Missionary

'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.'
Aristotle

What's the point of natural selection if we're going to pay for the healthcare and wellbeing of philistines, reprobates and criminals...
Captain 'Noodly' Cutlass
Ziti Zealot

snakes (that aren't on planes)

Postby blackeyedbutch on Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:22 pm

need i mention snakes r rathe noodley
blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Return to Scripture and Lore